Ads

farmhammer WTF

Let's talk about... everything else
Gnash

Re: farmhammer WTF

Post#111 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:54 am

Grobbok wrote:
Internetbaron wrote:
If you dont give people endgame they will quite MUCH earlier instead of giving them something to farm. Furhtermore empty keeps no meds is GOOD! Why?
so ppl playing this game only for something to farm, and when they got all, they stop? WTF?
it is rvr game not pve, ppl are here for rvr, (dont care how it looks, zerg or not) rvr is our focus
so why we couldn't get gear some easy way
common player who log for 3-4 hours of play have very hard task to do, instead play rvr he must farm,
if someone like farming, ok, they he can farm for his alts,
but it should be faster to get emblems/madalions
for me that 50% of drop by kill doesn't work,
Grobbok, I was saying your exact words to my GF about two weeks ago (we either duo Zealot/Mara or Mag/Sorc[DoK]) and she plays a HELL OF A LOT MORE than I've even dreamed of being able to do these last 90-odd days. I went from Jan-Mar 7 days/wk, Apr-Aug 4-6 dys/wk, and since September I average maybe MAYBE 3 solid hours of play time 1-3 nites/wk... that is IF I'm up for the chest pains and ass-stomping I routinely receive last 3 months with - get this - TWO Medallions (zero Emblems)... of ANY level (and had earned ZERO of either in THREE STRAIGHT DAYS of play... too sick to work, NEVER too sick to play) and was so rump-roasted-butt-hurt-flat-out-FED-UP with the currency drops (to this day I have NO RvR currency on ANY of my 11 alts) and so pissed off my GF just got her fkn THIRD pieced of purple gear... on TOP OF all her damn influence rewards AND RvR drops AAANNNDDD current SC Weaps not just on her damn Main, but on her other THREE very PART TIME alts. I was going to destroy her ability to play; was going to demolish her rig (then end up "giving" her mine as payment) and for the first time since December 2014 actually decided to forsake it all for good. There was NO WAY IN HELL I was going to be able to catch up to even her Main. I was DONE with RoR, W.A.R. and probably my sweetie too. Up til three days ago I hadn't logged in in just over a week. I don't know how I 'caught' this feeling of epic jealousy, not to mention the shitty feeling of being behind the curve, or flat out left behind. Even harder being the sole remaining toon from LoL live and LoL RoR. Gawd damned lonely shyte. And a different topic.

^^^ was to let you know I shared a far worse outlook about my "home sweet home away from home" than you, and where you're (appropriately) frustrated, I was downright furious and melancholy... IT BLEW CHUNKS. And I was done.

Then my hottie reads me forum updates regarding currency, drop rates, and SC weap cost... AND that Devestator sets DO have bonuses after all! She conned me into playing at a time when I'm usually unavailable to.

>>> In 3 hours I complained about getting smoked 2 of every 3 encounters, still needed to farm off my last 1 & 1/2 levels, blah blah blah. There was a lot of lake skirmish, several door knocks broken up by Order retaking BOs; rather large-ish battles (more than 50 players in one place duking it out) maybe 3 times, the rest was 24-30 toons (12-15 per Realm) porting often from lake to SC and back and I'd had it with the -- DING, hit lvl 28... then hit 29RR, then 30RR like 20 minutes later, then -- DING lvl 29... I got so jacked about the levels I forgot to check my bags (I let autoroll roll for everything, even "pass" items). GF suggested I check my medallion/emblem level. Good thing I checked before I told her to "F-Off": I had accrued in three short hours (EU prime time play which I usually don't get to do) 31 medallions, 12 emblems; I'd leveled rank from 27 to 29, RR from 26 to 31 and my bags were filled with mediocre gear (for Main) but nice upgrades for my alts and salvage to have broken down from which I procced 2 purple talis and 3 blues... After I finally (fell asleep at the board) logged off for the night, I had increased my currency amount by 1000% (from 2 to over 30) having close to 40 when I logged.<<<

More in 3-4 hours after hotfixes than in last 90 days. Yes, I DID decide to change the time I logged on to closer to the EU prime time; that paid off Big Time. And I have no one in guild besides GF, and she's only part time there even, who logs in to run with. It's just me and her duo-ing and joining open WBs and PUGing SCs [read: making sure we join with 4 others for synergy/heals/support]. If you have an even semi-active guild I believe you'll earn faster than I did. No joke: it's incredible how readily gear and (stoopid freekin') medallions are earned. Mate, if there's ANY way you can change the time you play, even just once a week, I believe you'll see a huge increase in actual RvR (NOT FARMING) drops and be pleasantly surprised. Don't give in to that frustration mate (easy for me to say, MUCH harder to do). Hook up with guildies/friends/family closer to EU prime time(s) windows and I wager you'll be very relieved AND ready to kick some ass. :twisted:

Best regards mate. Good hunting and Happy Holidays :!: :mrgreen:
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack

Ads
Jaycub

Post#112 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:49 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Don't worry about medallions, we have a more stable solution coming soon.
What could possibly be more stable than medallions?

They are the steady but slow and guaranteed progression towards a certain item that supplements RNG ways of obtaining items (Keep Bags, Drops, Etc...) which I guess we are missing here.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

ursvamp

Post#113 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:39 pm

I'm playing in the second wave of lv 31's om dest side and cant farm inf in rvr because of xrealm and a dying rvr.. I want t2 back.. ty for ruin the game :) playing like blizz kids, its a private community, and nothing change.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#114 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:37 am

Thouse who don't mind earning their gear advantage will play t3-t4, casual players will play t1-t2 and everyone will be happy. Seems like devs have solved the "dead lower tiers" problem ;)
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

thefarthestland

Post#115 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:09 am

T3 is dead..Pve X door

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#116 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:52 am

Jaycub wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:Don't worry about medallions, we have a more stable solution coming soon.
What could possibly be more stable than medallions?

They are the steady but slow and guaranteed progression towards a certain item that supplements RNG ways of obtaining items (Keep Bags, Drops, Etc...) which I guess we are missing here.
I meant the method for acquiring them reliably.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

KnightKin

Post#117 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:40 am

Keeps really need their chest rewards back with loot rolls. Without that system of RNG it's kind of all or nothing which is not how it used to be. If you want to make it like live, we need that system back

Mez

Post#118 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:55 am

Azuzu wrote:
Namtih wrote:IT seems that many Boys and Girls here dont play warhammer before the Rvr Patch, that kills Player numbers to less then 50%. At beginning, the first lvl 40 rr80 toon had a ingame playtime from 100 days. And now we cry about a game that i think we all love to play, because IT take sooooooooo long to FARM? At beginning nobody can buy gear from a black marked npc. Warlord and at least Souv gear takes month and month and month with luck on drops. So please, enjoy what we have here, a game i think we all wish to came back. And here IT is, be happy. You dont need to be lvl 31 After 2h, you dont need max gear if you Hit max lvl, you dont need all toons maxed out in 1 week, you need to have fun when playing. So, have fun all Whaaagh
The first RR80 was on my server and he got it by zerging empty keeps, avoiding fights and trading zones. PvP got in the way of renown grinding. I'm sure that's something we want to avoid here.
He was the first in the game worldwide, not just your server.

The most epic thing about this story is Slototh photoshopped a fake screenshot of his general tab showing a passive +15% damage and +15% healing for being rr80, and 100,000's of players bought it for a long time. One of the biggest pranks in MMO's I've ever seen.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ads
Azuzu

Post#119 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:16 am

Mez wrote:
Azuzu wrote:
Namtih wrote:IT seems that many Boys and Girls here dont play warhammer before the Rvr Patch, that kills Player numbers to less then 50%. At beginning, the first lvl 40 rr80 toon had a ingame playtime from 100 days. And now we cry about a game that i think we all love to play, because IT take sooooooooo long to FARM? At beginning nobody can buy gear from a black marked npc. Warlord and at least Souv gear takes month and month and month with luck on drops. So please, enjoy what we have here, a game i think we all wish to came back. And here IT is, be happy. You dont need to be lvl 31 After 2h, you dont need max gear if you Hit max lvl, you dont need all toons maxed out in 1 week, you need to have fun when playing. So, have fun all Whaaagh
The first RR80 was on my server and he got it by zerging empty keeps, avoiding fights and trading zones. PvP got in the way of renown grinding. I'm sure that's something we want to avoid here.
He was the first in the game worldwide, not just your server.

The most epic thing about this story is Slototh photoshopped a fake screenshot of his general tab showing a passive +15% damage and +15% healing for being rr80, and 100,000's of players bought it for a long time. One of the biggest pranks in MMO's I've ever seen.
Ya, I remember, him and the Order zerg Herder (A BW) use to coordinate zone trading, so the Destro zerg would come into the zone right after the Order zone flipped it. I just stopped commenting about it because it was silly arguing with someone who doesn't remember but is insisting it wasn't how it happened. lol
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

Mez

Post#120 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:36 am

It's how it happened. My own experience in RvR was finding the zerg, getting excited, then realized we were all standing around a banner. I had no idea why. A minute later we got our renown cap, and everyone ran off to find the next one. It was so disappointing coming from Daoc where you had to farm your renown from players.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255