Recent Topics

Ads

farmhammer WTF

Let's talk about... everything else
Nameless

Re: farmhammer WTF

Post#91 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:49 pm

most SCs end with 15 or so kills for the wining side so i cant see how is that more profitable by farming the zerg with well equipted grp. Heck at orvr u just need healer and rdps and u still can farm quite many of everything
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Azuzu

Post#92 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Nameless wrote:most SCs end with 15 or so kills for the wining side so i cant see how is that more profitable by farming the zerg with well equipted grp. Heck at orvr u just need healer and rdps and u still can farm quite many of everything

You have to find fighting in oRvR, there are plenty of times the lakes are dead. You have to roam around and actively look for people to fight. SCs you hit a button and are put in a small map vs a group of other people. You can repeat this, often times getting an instant pop.

In my timezone at least, the last few nights the lakes have been empty, while 3 - 4 SCs were running.

The majority of the time SCs are a much more efficient way to farm. SCs also provide two rewards types, Medals and Emblems while oRvR only gives one, Medals. So just that alone makes them twice as rewarding.
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

Namtih

Post#93 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:21 pm

IT seems that many Boys and Girls here dont play warhammer before the Rvr Patch, that kills Player numbers to less then 50%. At beginning, the first lvl 40 rr80 toon had a ingame playtime from 100 days. And now we cry about a game that i think we all love to play, because IT take sooooooooo long to FARM? At beginning nobody can buy gear from a black marked npc. Warlord and at least Souv gear takes month and month and month with luck on drops. So please, enjoy what we have here, a game i think we all wish to came back. And here IT is, be happy. You dont need to be lvl 31 After 2h, you dont need max gear if you Hit max lvl, you dont need all toons maxed out in 1 week, you need to have fun when playing. So, have fun all Whaaagh
Xrage-Slayer
Xmos-Runepriest
Namtih-Brightwizzard
Coldass-Witchhunter
Madeiro-Archmage
Nambow-Shadow Warrior

Azuzu

Post#94 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:28 pm

Namtih wrote:IT seems that many Boys and Girls here dont play warhammer before the Rvr Patch, that kills Player numbers to less then 50%. At beginning, the first lvl 40 rr80 toon had a ingame playtime from 100 days. And now we cry about a game that i think we all love to play, because IT take sooooooooo long to FARM? At beginning nobody can buy gear from a black marked npc. Warlord and at least Souv gear takes month and month and month with luck on drops. So please, enjoy what we have here, a game i think we all wish to came back. And here IT is, be happy. You dont need to be lvl 31 After 2h, you dont need max gear if you Hit max lvl, you dont need all toons maxed out in 1 week, you need to have fun when playing. So, have fun all Whaaagh
The first RR80 was on my server and he got it by zerging empty keeps, avoiding fights and trading zones. PvP got in the way of renown grinding. I'm sure that's something we want to avoid here.
Suzu

threxx

Post#95 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Azuzu wrote:
Namtih wrote:IT seems that many Boys and Girls here dont play warhammer before the Rvr Patch, that kills Player numbers to less then 50%. At beginning, the first lvl 40 rr80 toon had a ingame playtime from 100 days. And now we cry about a game that i think we all love to play, because IT take sooooooooo long to FARM? At beginning nobody can buy gear from a black marked npc. Warlord and at least Souv gear takes month and month and month with luck on drops. So please, enjoy what we have here, a game i think we all wish to came back. And here IT is, be happy. You dont need to be lvl 31 After 2h, you dont need max gear if you Hit max lvl, you dont need all toons maxed out in 1 week, you need to have fun when playing. So, have fun all Whaaagh
The first RR80 was on my server and he got it by zerging empty keeps, avoiding fights and trading zones. PvP got in the way of renown grinding. I'm sure that's something we want to avoid here.

Sorry to say this, but i have to call bullshit on that. Maybe the first RR80 was on your server (don't know that) but there is no way it could happen like you described. That was just impossible with the old system in place. Empty keeps and avoiding fights always cost you the Zone lock. There was just no way that you could lock a zone without resistance because you despretaly needed these fights to get to 100% zone control.You had to win sc's, do PQ's, lock lower tiers, hold all BO's,hold both keeps and win a ton of fights in that zone to get close to a Zone lock. Zone locks were pretty rare at the beginning. The first RR 80's were around with that system in place.

Azuzu

Post#96 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:51 pm

threxx wrote:
Azuzu wrote:

Sorry to say this, but i have to call bullshit on that. Maybe the first RR80 was on your server (don't know that) but there is no way it could happen like you described. That was just impossible with the old system in place. Empty keeps and avoiding fights always cost you the Zone lock. There was just no way that you could lock a zone without resistance because you despretaly needed these fights to get to 100% zone control.You had to win sc's, do PQ's, lock lower tiers, hold all BO's,hold both keeps and win a ton of fights in that zone to get close to a Zone lock. Zone locks were pretty rare at the beginning. The first RR 80's were around with that system in place.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/warha ... 250612415/

Pay attention to what people are saying,

"I think what people are holding against WAR is that this guy had more PVE monster kills than RVR player kills. He got his RR80 by mindlessly trading keeps and BOs 15 hours a day. People who are RR55 have more RVR kills than he does. He essentially PVED his way to RR80."

"Grats on the BO and keep trading? "

"The biggest valid complaint is that this guy reached the top Renown Rank by killing more NPCs than actual players. In a game that is supposed to be RvR centric, this is absolutely pitiful.

On that thread there is a link to someone who is RR 39, and they have 10,000 player kills and over 20,000 NPC kills.

Mythic has created another broken system. Shocker."

Maybe your memory is bad, maybe you didn't play a lot, sadly what I'm saying isn't bullshit. The most effective way to renown grind when WAR first came out was keep trading. It was a big complaint of the community.
Suzu

threxx

Post#97 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:02 pm

So and where in that thread is anything that proofs that he did it by as you say " zerging empty keeps, avoiding fights and trading zones ". Some people are bitching about that he was way too fast. So be it. It was his decision to invest that much playtime. My Point just was that you criticized Namtih's statement with something that couldn't happen with the old system. Yeah keep trades gave massive RP's. And people ran in circles and took bo's. The system was flawed as hell.

A lot of PVE monster kills doesn't mean that he avoided fights, zerged empty keeps and traded zones as his ultimative goal.

But nvm got way offtopic anyway...

thullonse

Post#98 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:11 pm

Azuzu wrote:
Maybe your memory is bad, maybe you didn't play a lot, sadly what I'm saying isn't bullshit. The most effective way to renown grind when WAR first came out was keep trading. It was a big complaint of the community.
funfact: for a time keep trading was also effective way to farm renown on this server aswell. then the system got changed. then devastator got implemented for level 26 and we had a faction imbalance of 80/20 because pve'ing keeps was again the best way to get stuff.

@topic the thing is: people want easy RR and easy gear. they dont want to grind hours and hours to get stuff. we can clearly see this when something gets changed and xrealmers stack on one faction. whether or you like it. people exploit stuff. how many times there was a gold exploit? heck there are even several gold exploits ingame but most of them are pretty unkown to the vast majority. people dont report bugs, they are selfish and dont give a single ****.
Last edited by thullonse on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** you leatherman

Ads
Azuzu

Post#99 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:12 pm

threxx wrote:So and where in that thread is anything that proofs that he did it by as you say " zerging empty keeps, avoiding fights and trading zones ". Some people are bitching about that he was way too fast. So be it. It was his decision to invest that much playtime. My Point just was that you criticized Namtih's statement with something that couldn't happen with the old system. Yeah keep trades gave massive RP's. And people ran in circles and took bo's. The system was flawed as hell.

A lot of PVE monster kills doesn't mean that he avoided fights, zerged empty keeps and traded zones as his ultimative goal.

But nvm got way offtopic anyway...

I took the time to quote some of the people for you, "He got his RR80 by mindlessly trading keeps and BOs 15 hours a day. People who are RR55 have more RVR kills than he does."

What they did was they traded zones, the Order zerg leader and the Destro zerg leader would coordinate zones. So as the Order left the zone the Destro would be coming in. The Order would go to the zone destro just came from.

@thullonse I know, my point was I didn't want that happen here again. If undefended keeps gave medals it would cause it to happen.
Last edited by Azuzu on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suzu

lator

Post#100 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:15 pm

thullonse wrote:@topic the thing is: people want easy RR and easy gear.
What the hell are you talking about? People like to achieve things and that keeps it interesting. This is also Alpha server and if you got everything right away there would be no testing of actual content.
R35RR40 Chosen
R35RR40 Disciple
R35RR40 Marauder
R35RR40 Sorcerer