Recent Topics

Ads

Played YEARS ago and couple questions.

Let's talk about... everything else
znettles

Played YEARS ago and couple questions.

Post#1 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:20 am

All i really recall was getting to level 25-30ish on a Squig Herder and that there was little "PvP" towns in zones or something along those lines.

1. Is this strictly PvP oriented or does it deliver some old school PvE as well? (Dungeons etc.)

2. Does each race start in a different area? (DL'ing with a buddy)

3. What was it that shined about this game and brought you back?

Thanks and see you in game!

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Re: Played YEARS ago and couple questions.

Post#2 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:53 am

Hello, always nice to see some new faces,
Game concentrated on: open realm verus realm, scenarios, pve fro leveling and grinding.
If you want to understand why we ll playing in ROR, you must try the taste of victory on player , who earlier kills y a dozens times :).
But one is sure- that game have "something", what other games have not, it maybe a idea of eternal conflict,wheere truce is nor a options, maybe a pure & honest hate between the faction :)
Try it, try eternal war .....

Libra

Post#3 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:18 am

1. RvR is like PvP but on a open zone, which means anyone from 10 to 100 players can join in and totally massacre you. This means that the game is hardcore-ly focused onto killing other players for rewards and similar tasks like scenarios.
There is some PvE, however it's just a side thing and does not replace the RvR experince. Your main focus will be RvR with PvE as a side thing, such as questing and doing lairs (dungeons).

2. Not by default. If you play as Orcs and you've crossed the loading screen, press the book of binding (BOB) to respawn at your actual racial starting position. Most players tend to focus at getting to RvR quickly but if you value PvE questing and such then BOB is the right answer...

3. Number one easily, there is no other game that brings same feature as this game on a epic scale with hundreds to fight for hours in a mmo. Also the concept of Warhammer universe is a +++ extra content so I cannot neglect the game.
Sephanol - Chosen || Saora - Magus

Nitrogenetic

Post#4 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:26 am

Killin' Stunties brought me bakk 'ere!

okraslayer

Post#5 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:50 pm

Welcome to the WAR !

1. This is a very PVP centered game. Not competitive or ladder based PVP but open world / group oriented pvp. There is questing , though some quests and nearly all public quests ( PQs) are broken. Lairs which is just an open world boss ( normally in a cave) are available are not exactly dungeons.

2. All classes start off in Empire vs Chaos starting zones. If you go into your bag " b key" and click on the item that looks like an open book it will take you to your races/factions starting zone. So if you and your friend chose two different races yall will need to stick in the Empire/chaos area to quest / kill together easily.

3. I enjoy the lore of warhammer & its atmosphere. No other game IMO offers what this game does in terms of open world PVP more commonly called "ORVR" here. Dark Age of Camelot got me hooked on it. That game though is really starting to show its age and not as much fun lore wise and this is.
Chosen - Kritch -26

Sorc - Lovelace - 21