Recent Topics

Ads

[QUESTION] Population on official servers ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Yaliskah
Former Staff

[QUESTION] Population on official servers ?

Post#1 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:02 am

Well, i have a question about the official server.

Do you have an idea about how many players ( max number ) were connected on T4 generally ? ( based on the last weeks ) ( considering T1-T3 had a smallest population )

Cause i have a discussion with DaScoub, and we have no idea about this point.... 100? 150? 200? 300?

Personnaly i don't remember massive fight with more than 200 ( approx ) players involved.

The question is directly linked to RoR, cause i wonder if today with 750 players our capacity isn't in a way superior than the official... ( I'm maybe wrong )...

Thx !!!

Yali

Ads
Soulcheg

Re: [QUESTION] Population on official servers ?

Post#2 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:15 am

600-800 in t4 on .ru in the best days. 6 server's crashes in a row, and 1 for a GM, that shows up, exclusively.
[RU]GreenFire. //Grimward/Albiona/Edwin/many others

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#3 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:20 am

i think the forts had a limit of 250 players each side and reached that limit regularly.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Halhammer

Post#4 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:32 am

At least for the last 12 months before shutdown, on Badlands there was hardly more than 350-400 on at the same time.
If you take a full city instance, that was 36 vs 36, and I don't remember more than 4, maybe 5 of these although pretty much the whole server flocked together for that. Add in some PVEers and some randoms in T1.
Halhammer - Gundoom - Vewywong et al. of DoE

perche

Post#5 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:22 am

in good times i remenber rolls in keeps with more of 500 ppl, close to 1000 ppl in a zone between orders and destro.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#6 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:24 am

During the glorious days of Burlok, we had 4-6 WBs on Tier 4 each side, ie. about 300+ people at once, considering certain amount of afkers/pve players.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Liviette

Post#7 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:47 pm

maybe this could be helpful ...its the renown chart/database from all EU servers in one month...so this can bring clearer picture how it was on LIVE

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rl7ha ... 02+PST.pdf

Morf

Post#8 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:53 pm

Towards the last 12 months i would say if you had more then 1k players online at the same time (2 servers combined) you would be lucky, more likely 500 players as high pop times were different for badlands and karak norn.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
dkabib

Post#9 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:01 pm

I didnt play on the last year. I only remember logging into a very stale server, with barely anyone doing anything.
But back in 2009-2011, I remember some fights at T4 that could vary from 2vs2 WBs, all the way up to 6vs6 Wbs, VERY rare though.

When we had Forts, way back then, I remember it being full. Though I dunno what was the pop limit on forts.
Vanhorts

Azuzu

Post#10 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:44 pm

My friends and I were talking about this the other night.

We feel RoR is much more populated then live was towards the end.....but it might not be.

It might just feel that RoR is more populated, but really isn't. On live at the end t1 had action, t2 was dead, t3 could field maybe a warband on each side, t 4 maybe 1 1/2 wbs on each side, LoTD world boss maybe 2 1/2 WBs.

I think RoR feels more alive because we are all forced into 2 tiers and 1 zone. This gives the impression of a huge amount of people. In live you have had 700 people online, but it was spread over 4 tiers, many RvR lakes and LoTD which can make 700 people feel small.

My fear is when everything is in the game, RoR will feel less populated than it does now, even if it gets a population bump.
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI