Recent Topics

Ads

[QUESTION] Population on official servers ?

Let's talk about... everything else
athemus

Re: [QUESTION] Population on official servers ?

Post#11 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:51 pm

You should leave t1/2/3 with only 1 rvr zone avaible, that will keep the game very alive.
In case some ppl dont remember, in the early days of warhammer, the game had alot of problems with the rvr system due to the fact that there was too many rvr areas on t4 and the pop were spread out on all of them wich made the game pretty much confusing.
M solved that issue creating the need to lock zone first and only then you could move to another contested area.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Lower tiers, one zone open at a time but rotating. Same with the highest available tier but with 2 open zones and a working rvr mechanic to prevent zone trading.
Dying is no option.

Lindisfarne

Post#13 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:31 pm

I don't think anyone here will argue that there was ever over 750-1000 players online on live at any given time during the last year or two. Besides when it went f2p of course (that last battle on badlands was F*cking huge). After t3 and t4 i think the probably will be server capacity not low pop concerns xD. Just goes to show how awesome the team is here, getting **** done that mythic had no f*cking clue about (After they were gutted completely of course)
free typi
Lindisfarne Massacre--Northernrage--Pagans Mind--Dio

Kushido

Post#14 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:49 pm

the "Lagwar" i remember back in 2010 on ru was when about 200-250 players fighting, sorry, lagging in same place/keep
these numbers not from my head, this is cos we had events, so we knew our numbers (for order) and we knew how many destro were on our keep cos of claim
and its only in t4, i dont remember did it affect other tiers/zones or only one zone where was this fight (maybe they had separate servers for tiers if it was/is possible)
also dont forget that here we don't have any payment for play game, also playing from one IP not forbidden so some ppl can use few account at same time (especially now when crafting working more properly) for any stuff they need

something going wrong after specific number of population online
the night fight right after 1st try of turning on AAO system in t2 empire was not so laggy but we had about 3 wb's on each side in total (dunno exactly how many it was, but it how i felt it with my eyes, maybe more maybe less) fighting in one zone in one place and it was not so many lags before server crashed
even after it anyway RvR was playable

Pixie126

Post#15 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:12 pm

At one point I know we had about 500+ on each side fighting in Chaos Wastes. We caused a cascade server failure through the tiers with a massive battle between the warcamps.... Only have an idea on the number because we took a keep and the loot roll number was quite high....
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

Ravai

Post#16 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Azuzu wrote:My friends and I were talking about this the other night.

We feel RoR is much more populated then live was towards the end.....but it might not be.

It might just feel that RoR is more populated, but really isn't. On live at the end t1 had action, t2 was dead, t3 could field maybe a warband on each side, t 4 maybe 1 1/2 wbs on each side, LoTD world boss maybe 2 1/2 WBs.

I think RoR feels more alive because we are all forced into 2 tiers and 1 zone. This gives the impression of a huge amount of people. In live you have had 700 people online, but it was spread over 4 tiers, many RvR lakes and LoTD which can make 700 people feel small.

My fear is when everything is in the game, RoR will feel less populated than it does now, even if it gets a population bump.
pretty much this.

Dont get me wrong we're all hyped for t3 and still hope it goes ahead without fault, however, quite concerned that the split playerbase over 3 tiers will reduce the sc pop rate and rvr action dramaticly. hopefully this isnt the case though.

The last few months on live this definatly was an issue, playerbase spread way too thin.
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor

bichka

Post#17 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:20 pm

300-400 from both sides. and it was moderate lag.
but as i remember crashing was for 1 zone elfs/dwarfs/humans, thats mean its was 3 different servers for each zone, lowbies probably had thier own server too. I remember how all t4 was crashed, while i am able to play in t3.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:27 pm

bichka wrote:300-400 from both sides. and it was moderate lag.
but as i remember crashing was for 1 zone elfs/dwarfs/humans, thats mean its was 3 different servers for each zone, lowbies probably had thier own server too. I remember how all t4 was crashed, while i am able to play in t3.
Yes, zones were independent. But this will be hard to manage on a free server. :)
Dying is no option.

Ads
Abolition

Post#19 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Here's my 2c on it.

CURRENTLY:
T1 - fantastic.
T2 - Slow SC pops. RvR is a zerg fest of level 26s crushing lowbies.
T2.5 - SC pops are decent. See above for RvR.

MY FEAR (I don't know what level cap the devs intend on going with for T3 - but based on a level cap of 35):
T1 - should still be decent
T2 - Dead.
T3 - Initially SC pops will be great with all the Lv 22 - 26+, however once people level past Lv 31, it will be much the same situation as T2 currently is. RvR will be a zerg fest of relatively evenly geared/levelled players, until people start hitting max level and crushing like it currently is in T2.
T3.5 SC pops will be good, see above for RvR.

I don't know what level cap the devs are going to go with, but maybe Lv 31 would be a good place to start initially? Or if a T3.5 bracket is required so geared max level players aren't destroying mid Lv-20s in scenarios, maybe Lv 32 for that higher SC bracket, but they won't have insane gear/builds to crush Lv 22s in ORVR?
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

Kushido

Post#20 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Abolition wrote:Here's my 2c on it.

CURRENTLY:
T1 - fantastic.
T2 - Slow SC pops. RvR is a zerg fest of level 26s crushing lowbies.
T2.5 - SC pops are decent. See above for RvR.

MY FEAR (I don't know what level cap the devs intend on going with for T3 - but based on a level cap of 35):
T1 - should still be decent
T2 - Dead.
T3 - Initially SC pops will be great with all the Lv 22 - 26+, however once people level past Lv 31, it will be much the same situation as T2 currently is. RvR will be a zerg fest of relatively evenly geared/levelled players, until people start hitting max level and crushing like it currently is in T2.
T3.5 SC pops will be good, see above for RvR.

I don't know what level cap the devs are going to go with, but maybe Lv 31 would be a good place to start initially? Or if a T3.5 bracket is required so geared max level players aren't destroying mid Lv-20s in scenarios, maybe Lv 32 for that higher SC bracket, but they won't have insane gear/builds to crush Lv 22s in ORVR?
its more for rvr system topic
simply because rvr always was like "one side rolling" until evening/special days time when few guilds/alliance gathering and starting to rush zones when on the other side another guilds trying to stop them
only in these moments rvr starting to be as it made when ppl playing not for rewards but for "progress" as pushing zones to city