Recent Topics

Ads

Content

Let's talk about... everything else
Hammertime

Content

Post#1 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:59 am

Just curious if anyone knows if the portions of content that aren't working have to be written completely from scratch. For example, the trade skillls, is it broken or is this not even part of the emulator? I'm not asking specifically about that portion of the game, but in general. If these portions are completely missing will the current staff be able to write what a full team at Mythic developed?
Thanks for any insight. I am not a scriptor just a nerdy player, and I am very limited on the subject! :D

edit: I know my question is rather vague, but what I'm getting at is it possible that portions of this project just can't be finished? ie the trade skills as my recent example.

Ads
Mystriss

Re: Content

Post#2 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:43 pm

As I understand it the code for 'portions' of the game are not there anymore and need to be written from scratch.

That said, rewriting the code for the 'missing' portions is doable, it's just going to take time; not just to write, but to make it play nicely with the 'portions' that "were" in the game, as well as the code that's been "added" to put in other 'portions.'

The Mythic team had more coders, but it was not necessarily because "you need this many programmers to screw in a light bulb," more "I want this done by x time."

Hammertime

Post#3 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:15 pm

Well that is a huge order to fill. I can't fathom the thought of knowing how the mechanics of the trade skills alone work, and then having to put it all into a functional script. Gotta admit these devs here must really like Warhammer to invest that much effort into it. :)
Thanx to whomever is working on this project!

Mystriss

Post#4 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:19 am

Indeed :) As many folks have said in other posts, they're doing an AWESOME job.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:55 am

I've heard some things are lost forever and won't ever be done. Like: most easter eggs and secrets, hidden bosses, the Land of the Dead... though it was on the previous server, maybe the current dev's know how to do it.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#6 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:15 am

Most of all we need class mechanics and skills to work properly. That's crucial for server's popularity.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Mystriss

Post#7 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:56 pm

They'll get it. I believe they're having to do each mechanic individually.

Hammertime

Post#8 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:59 pm

Meh, I don't mind all the other bugs including class mechanics and such, but what irritates me the most is having to take the time to adjust my hotbar every time I login. This shouldn't even be on the devs side of the fix, it is something local that should be easy for someone with more knowledge than me that is playing, not necessarily a scriptor. Does anyone know how to keep the game from editing the character profile that contains the hotbar information?

Ads
Mystriss

Post#9 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Ya know I seem to remember a mod out there that would save different hot bar setups for different classes. Wonder if something like that might save the hot bar layout on your HD so you could just reload it from there...