Recent Topics

Ads

Some SM abilities are too short in duration

Let's talk about... everything else
Edenwolf

Some SM abilities are too short in duration

Post#1 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:48 pm

SM skills like eagles flight only last long enough for one rotation which means to sustain the buff we have to use the skill each time we enter that stage of balance. With this being the case it's difficult to weave our other same stage skills into a fight. I suggest doubling the effect duration of these skills so that the global cool down and duration of the effects are worth it, allowing us to reap the benefit of the skill even into our third balance rotation.
Last edited by Edenwolf on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bigfugginaxe SL ~ Blueshift MA ~ Healzealot ZL ~ Stalhrinn IB ~ Tarielle SW ~ Damngurl WE ~ Jediknight SM ~ Windsong AM

Ads
grumcajs

Re: SM improved balance abilities are too short

Post#2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:18 pm

I am actually against that idea. SM should be tank that should adapt to what is happening atm.

I think only ability that should be looked at is Eagles Flight

for example:
chosen Suppression - 25% parry for 15 secs
SM Eagles Flight - 25% parry for 5 secs (require improved balance)

should be changet to 35% parry atleast or give additional +%dodge/disrupt whatever that improve survivabiltiy for these omfg my guard is being heavily focused so I rather neglect my other improved balance skills and just try to stay alive situations

Other abilties are ok
for example:
snare - no cooldown (just neglecting other improved balance)
outgoing dmg reduction - only 4 sec - BO one last 10secs BUT require block and you have to spec for it
build time increase - when u r in role of harrasing grp heal spammers - u can keep it up on all the time
CC immunity - nope - it would be way too OP
absorb - why?

and voila there are no other abilities at all that would require longer duration at all. unless u want to boost SM to heaven and back by giving non stop unstoppable buff to whole grp etc.

only eagles flight should be boosted in effect not in durration. even make the effect huge cuz it would just boost SM survivability in the cost of neglecting snare

grumcajs

Post#3 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:23 pm

I have just check their abilties and it looks like any solid imrpoved balance strikes are
parry - 5 sec
snare - 10 sec
woh - 20 sec

improved balance ones are ok cuz u do not even have to spec for them (cast time increase, outgoing dmg reduction)

just think about increasing effect on abilties the other tanks have without sacrifice of other abilties

Edenwolf

Post#4 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Sorry guys I thought dragon's talon was an improved balance skill, this thread was directed at skills that only last 4-5 seconds. So far thats eagles flight and dragon's talon. Anyway I edited the title and original post.
Last edited by Edenwolf on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigfugginaxe SL ~ Blueshift MA ~ Healzealot ZL ~ Stalhrinn IB ~ Tarielle SW ~ Damngurl WE ~ Jediknight SM ~ Windsong AM

Bignusty

Post#5 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:34 pm

And again order winning about their class for change something ! I played SM on Live and i got no pb whit this rotation. Stop want to change all things Dev's got others more important things to fix. And if you want to change things on SM change it on BO to like Slayer and Choppa .

Edenwolf

Post#6 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:36 pm

Bignusty wrote:And again order winning about their class for change something ! I played SM on Live and i got no pb whit this rotation. Stop want to change all things Dev's got others more important things to fix. And if you want to change things on SM change it on BO to like Slayer and Choppa .
It was directed at BO too, if they have short duration skills in their balance rotation that they feel are not up to par.
Last edited by Edenwolf on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TenTonHammer

Re: Some SM abilities are too short in duration

Post#7 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:59 pm

I don’t know about sm but ive played Blorc on live and there is nothing bad/wrong with the duration of their abilities/buffs

Azarael

Post#8 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:37 pm

Bignusty wrote:And again order winning about their class for change something ! I played SM on Live and i got no pb whit this rotation. Stop want to change all things Dev's got others more important things to fix. And if you want to change things on SM change it on BO to like Slayer and Choppa .
If you're incapable of formulating a decent argument, please don't post in threads like these.

As grumcajs said, Eagle's Flight is the only example of a buff on either class whose duration makes little sense. Dragon's Talon is fine.

When you compare that other classes have parry buffs that have significant duration AND have a cooldown that is less than the duration, without having a mechanic which nerfs them to deal with, Eagle's Flight starts to look stupid.

Ads
Luuca

Post#9 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:52 pm

grumcajs wrote:I am actually against that idea. SM should be tank that should adapt to what is happening atm.

I think only ability that should be looked at is Eagles Flight

for example:
chosen Suppression - 25% parry for 15 secs
SM Eagles Flight - 25% parry for 5 secs (require improved balance)

should be changet to 35% parry atleast or give additional +%dodge/disrupt whatever that improve survivabiltiy for these omfg my guard is being heavily focused so I rather neglect my other improved balance skills and just try to stay alive situations

Other abilties are ok
for example:
snare - no cooldown (just neglecting other improved balance)
outgoing dmg reduction - only 4 sec - BO one last 10secs BUT require block and you have to spec for it
build time increase - when u r in role of harrasing grp heal spammers - u can keep it up on all the time
CC immunity - nope - it would be way too OP
absorb - why?

and voila there are no other abilities at all that would require longer duration at all. unless u want to boost SM to heaven and back by giving non stop unstoppable buff to whole grp etc.

only eagles flight should be boosted in effect not in duration. even make the effect huge cuz it would just boost SM survivability in the cost of neglecting snare
Nope.. nope .. just no.

You are comparing a Rank 4 hot-bar ability SM gets for free with the Chosen 8 point Path of Corruption TACTIC that's NOT EVEN IN GAME in T2 because you can't possibly get it until Rank 23. You are comparing a hotbar choice to a Tactic Slot Choice. You are asking for your Rank 4 ability to be as good as an 8 point Career Point purchase that requires giving up a tactic slot?

Get real. /endthread.

Azarael

Post#10 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Luuca wrote:Nope.. nope .. just no.

You are comparing a Rank 4 hot-bar ability SM gets for free with the Chosen 8 point Path of Corruption TACTIC that's NOT EVEN IN GAME in T2 because you can't possibly get it until Rank 23. You are comparing a hotbar choice to a Tactic Slot Choice. You are asking for your Rank 4 ability to be as good as an 8 point Career Point purchase that requires giving up a tactic slot?

Get real. /endthread.
If you play a Chosen, this is either a grievous mistake or a deliberate attempt to be misleading, because nobody said anything about Mixed Defenses - he's talking about Suppression, which is free, Path of Dread, +25% Parry, 15s duration, 10s cooldown.

Also, we don't actually care about the position a free ability is at, because balance threads are about T4.