Recent Topics

Ads

Some SM abilities are too short in duration

Let's talk about... everything else
Luuca

Re: Some SM abilities are too short in duration

Post#11 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:36 pm

My warped mind automatically went to Mixed Def. I now realize he was talking about Supression - my apologies. I freely admit I'm rusty as hell. I'll try to think/read better from now on.

Ads
Tesq

Post#12 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:52 am

sword master 2h have a +50% channeling to parry , dodge, disrupt, hence why that skill last 5 seconds, cos SM can buff his block too (total 15%), a tank that can buff his block do not spec parry, it geos full block usually, unless 2h, hence why a 5 sec buff. Otherwise you would just have for base a 75% of parry in 2h due the channeling with out even a single point spent in renow or a tactic used.

You should instead think that even after have a +15% block buff you still have a total of +30% parry buff with shield and +75%-50% buff when in 2h channeling :/
As tank you have no problem regarding def :/

Azarael

Post#13 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:18 am

Wall of Darting Steel does not stack with Eagle's Flight, at least on RoR, because they're both in the "Buff" stacking group, so that argument is not relevant.

How a stat stacks on RoR:

- All items
- All talismans
- The highest value buff or potion
- The highest value morale
- ALL tactics

altharion1
Banned

Post#14 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:46 pm

Can whispering wind and crashing wave be moved down their respective mastery trees to the 5+1 position?

This might encourage a few more to play a really quite useless class in T2 (when compared to IB and KOTBS)
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Azarael

Post#15 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Of the two, I think only Crashing Wave should be considered for a position reduction, and then only if Down Ya Go! receives the same benefit.

altharion1
Banned

Post#16 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Azarael wrote:Of the two, I think only Crashing Wave should be considered for a position reduction, and then only if Down Ya Go! receives the same benefit.
Agreed the BO would have to have the mirrored abilities moved. I understand why you wouldn't want to move whispering wind.

I can't see SMs being taken over IBs and Kotbs even if they did get crashing wave at 5+1. But it would make me feel like i could influence situations a little more with the knockdown as a SM.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Azarael

Post#17 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Well, with the next cap increase, both Dirty Tricks and Encouraged Aim come into the picture for KotBS, so I guess the start of SM decline can be officially marked.

altharion1
Banned

Post#18 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:21 pm

Azarael wrote:Well, with the next cap increase, both Dirty Tricks and Encouraged Aim come into the picture for KotBS, so I guess the start of SM decline can be officially marked.
You're in control, why not do something about it?
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Ads
Azarael

Post#19 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Because this project isn't just about me and what I might want to do. Without support for taking that action from the community, I won't do it.

altharion1
Banned

Post#20 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:59 pm

Azarael wrote:Because this project just isn't about me and what I might want to do. Without support for taking that action from the community, I won't do it.
Very true. I just thought it was common consensus that SM and BO lacked the basic tank utilities. SM and BO were about to get a love patch on the live server, so I'd hope the community would agree that these classes require some small changes.

I don't think any SM would dare dream of something like dirty tricks though!
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids