Recent Topics

Ads

Conditions for a Keep Reset

Let's talk about... everything else
Panel

Conditions for a Keep Reset

Post#1 » Wed May 08, 2024 6:09 am

Anyone know the conditions that trigger a keep reset in a zone. Heard so many different sets of conditions that im totally confused. Some say 60 secs after holding all 4 BOs - others that its 5 or 10mins after the last box was dropped. So what is it ? I want to know cos resetting is my favourite pursuit but i may have been going about it the wrong way.
Last edited by Panel on Wed May 08, 2024 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Phantasm

Re: Conditions for a Reset

Post#2 » Wed May 08, 2024 11:34 am

That's a good question. According to Wiki:

TLDR:
Spoiler:
  • Capturing and holding Battlefield Objectives causes supplies to spawn. These supplies can be brought to your Keep or Warcamp to gain experience, renown, and influence for your party.
  • The value of supplies depends on factors like the rank of the keep, number of players present, distance of the Battlefield Objective from the target, and destination.
  • Each Realm owns a keep in each contestable zone in Tiers 2, 3, and 4. A zone can be won by a realm when they capture the opposing realm’s keep and hold three battlefield objectives while maintaining that captured keep.
  • All Keeps begin at Rank 0 and can be leveled up via Supplies all the way to Rank 5. Progress to the next Keep Rank can be lost if a Realm does not maintain at least one Battlefield Objective on the map.
  • Control minimum 2 Battlefield Objectives to maintain spawning supplies (boxes), 3 BOs for 3 star keep, 4 BOs for 4 star keep
  • The zone will automatically lock once the keep hits 5 stars and that realm holds all 4 Battle Objectives. The keep will be reset back to 4 Stars if the enemy captures all 4 Battle Objectives, denying your Realm the lock for the zone.
In other words: you need deliver boxes to keep or warcamp to maintain progression of zone control.

Panel

Re: Conditions for a Keep Reset

Post#3 » Wed May 08, 2024 12:06 pm

So if i read correctly its the 4th dot point - progress lost if your realm doesn't maintain at least 1 BO - ie for a reset to occur the other realm must hold all BOs. Now in curious as to how long they must be held if any or is it instant. Also what happens if all BOs go green - do both realms lose their progress?

Rubius
Developer

Post#4 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:43 am

I first updated that Wiki page a couple years ago, and it looks like a couple bits may be off -- I've updated the page, and here's my understanding on how this all works:

- Supplies are the key thing you want in order to avoid a reset as you push your keeps up to the next rank.

- The Battlefield Objectives do matter, but it's not an instant reset if you lose all four. It's still possible for a realm to temporarily lose all BO's but turn in existing supplies, then reclaim a couple objectives and get the supplies rolling back in again.

Hope this helps!

Akalukz

Post#5 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:35 pm

Rubius wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:43 am I first updated that Wiki page a couple years ago, and it looks like a couple bits may be off -- I've updated the page, and here's my understanding on how this all works:

- Supplies are the key thing you want in order to avoid a reset as you push your keeps up to the next rank.

- The Battlefield Objectives do matter, but it's not an instant reset if you lose all four. It's still possible for a realm to temporarily lose all BO's but turn in existing supplies, then reclaim a couple objectives and get the supplies rolling back in again.

Hope this helps!
It does help, but the real question in how long do they have to before it resets. In game it seems extremely variable. Is it no bo's controlled and no boxes delivered for 1 min or what. I think that is the question. Also, why does sometimes it seems a keep will start with 1 star at unlock, but at other times they are both at 0 stars.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions.
-= Agony =-

Shima

Post#6 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:35 am

Keep rank 2 needs 2 bos and 1 box when timer ends.
Keep rank 3+ needs 3 bos and 1 box after timer ends.
You can see that timer on SoR.
If the lord is dead, you can't take keep back. It's over. You can hold it to lol of the enemy's face, but the zone is losted already.

Rubius
Developer

Post#7 » Fri May 17, 2024 2:07 am

Akalukz wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:35 pm
Rubius wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:43 am I first updated that Wiki page a couple years ago, and it looks like a couple bits may be off -- I've updated the page, and here's my understanding on how this all works:

Hope this helps!
It does help, but the real question in how long do they have to before it resets. In game it seems extremely variable. Is it no bo's controlled and no boxes delivered for 1 min or what. I think that is the question. Also, why does sometimes it seems a keep will start with 1 star at unlock, but at other times they are both at 0 stars.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions.
I don't have full details on all of these, but I can answer the "starting with 1 star" question --

When you capture a zone and push the RvR Lake to another tier (Example: Taking Avelorn/Saphery and pushing the RvR fight to Dragonwake) -- then the realm that captured the last zone will get a free 1-star as they begin the T4 pairings.