Recent Topics

Ads

New player having a few questions

Let's talk about... everything else
Gothmakh

New player having a few questions

Post#1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Howdy community,

today I felt the good old MMORPG-scratch. I really wanted to play a pure healer again. Since WAR was one of the only MMOs that I have only played when it was F2P (and you could only reach lvl 9 as a non-paying customer), I thought it might be a brilliant idea to give it another try once again. Turns out... you guys will probably know it ;) ... WAR live servers have been closed.

After doing a little google search I found this private server. I am a big fan of private servers. I have been playing DAoC on private servers since... hmmm... 2008? I always enjoyed giving *helpful* advice on how things did work on live servers in order to fix bugs and improve the gaming experience for all the fellow DAoC players on those freeshard. Obviously, I do not have that kind of knowledge about WAR.

I am having a few questions about this server:
a) Are classes/zones implemented kind of livelike here?
b) Is there any way of helping out (bug reports etc.) even if my WAR knowledge is... let's be honest... pretty much just based on my F2P experience and a few wikis I read today?.
c) I always enjoyed playing melee dps toons and pure healers. After reading up on classes, I have decided to play a Runepriest or a Slayer. Are these playable (= not bugged to a degree that they are not fun anymore) here?

Thanks for reading,
Gothmakh

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: New player having a few questions

Post#2 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Hai,

There is a github repository that we use to open and track bugs:

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... ?f=5&t=382

Class mechanics aren't work for any of the classes. Most abilities are still bugged, so therefore certain classes are broken quite badly. While other classes have a much higher advantage.

Since the game is very much in alpha state. I advise you to approach the game as a bug fest and if anything works, cool. If not, it's a bug and raise it (if it's not raised).