Recent Topics

Ads

Mara pull is a nice idea but...

Let's talk about... everything else
nebelwerfer

Re: Mara pull is a nice idea but...

Post#61 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:54 am

zumos2 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:43 pm
nebelwerfer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:31 pm make terrible embrace disruptable again. Jeez :?
It is disruptable ... So with three Hold The Line stacks and full Deft Defender you have a pretty good chance of disrupting. You can also CC the Marauder (knockdown/silence/knockback) or give yourself immunity with Vaul's Tempering. You could run a pull engineer which uses pull whenever the Marauder is stepping forward to keep in pull range.
Then I see no issue with it. I also think several of OP's points are flat out wrong - in my experience terrain DOES break the channel and being mara-pulled from keeps is something i never experienced.

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#62 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:22 am

In the context of the video linked, I'm more afraid of a SM with the combo M2 + Vault's Tempering + AoE punt than a Marauder's pull. The Destruction can also do the same with BO + MSH.

Absinth

Post#63 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:16 am

Bohavwn wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:01 am Moat of these claims are flat out false. It does respect immunities. Does not pull thrue terrain if you break los before pull. There are very few keeps that have low enough points for you to pull off walls. And as far as rewarding bad play, you have many abilities that can interrupt the cast. What are your tanks doing? And if you get caught by that pull, then you were already out of position. In small scale, yea GG you lost. In WB, that's one healer. More than capable of recovering.
People just have problems that their wb leader gets pulled because he overextended, like all it takes to make mara pull useless in wb play is 4 tanks using hold the line.... I know its too hard for order.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

nocturnalguest

Post#64 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:48 am

akisnaakkeli wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:32 am
rrrutsss wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:09 am
Garamore wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:29 am Can’t wl pounce then pull a banner and punt people. Let’s remove pounce…….. or simple answer for order is don’t stand still on the wall. If I stand on the wall I’d get hit by every bw, sw. Wl 400ft aoe in the game so simply don’t stand still there…….. I don’t come to forums to demand bw, sw get their skills removed.
Like Sorc and squig arent ranged classes...

The problem is not that ranged classes can hit you while you stand on the wall, the problem is a meele class can pull you down from the effn wall dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Zw4FUPacc Man just check how FUN magus/engi pulling used to be, and this mentality of "being safe somewhere in the RVR" is so stupid imo. There shouldnt be sace places.+ this way both sides can do this if engi/magus pull works like it used to. Also 9 aoe cap must be brought back so brainless ae spam wont always win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n9wm3uHmgk And this is how WL should be! Just watch these both and come with argument why it shouldnt be like this? When WL worked like this and the pet as well it was the most fun class ive ever played in any game, at least melee with dps WP/Dok but in super different way.
Good ol' times. Was hell lot of fun truly.
Actually yes, there should be no safe spots. Also this same logic was behind huge terrain nerfs we have observed since 2018.
So if this logic is still applied the same way it was applied to stop Bitterstone sniper squad shenanigans (=block any spots that are hard to get to) then its pretty stupid to post videos with pulls from walls and rant that look i got pulled.
If RoR team decision would be to actually create such safe spots (e.g. keep walls) then #UnchainTheTerrain too! Policy has to be absolutely clear, gameplay wise restrictions (declare walls a safe spot is good example, invisible walls in hard to get place is another one) lessen the possibilities and overall fun.

Imo some classes pouncing into keep walls and other classes pulling off the keep walls are cool mechanics to have. Pounce working midair is also pretty cool. I highly doubt it does any significant harm into overall balance.

Sever1n

Post#65 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:19 am

Amount of destro bias insane here coz mara pull in wb play is core tool for targeting and kiling key targets. 1 pulled heal in missposition could potentionally result in wipe of order WB. We all know the holly trio of GTDC, mara pull, and covenant of celerity that have no mirrors on order but is game changing mass rvr important mechanics that both sides must have (or dont have at all).

Destro always start to counter argument that classes arent direct mirrors. WOW literally is figths between mirrors, and still game is balanced and fun. This is not argument at all. Key warband mechanics should be mirrored. U want nerf aoe interupt of lions Gara? Every time u forgot to mention that mara have uniq morale drain that lion never saw, instead we have wheelchair SW for years.

Last person on order whos making something organised on side want balance in your zerg festivals, but destro cant accept truth that they was superior with cc for years and want to play easy mod forever. You dont even realise that order political situation is near apocalyptic, and sides are heavy outbalanced, and balance that wasnt that great for years was completely ruined by last patch, resulting a lot of skilled players change side.

How many org sov WB destro have nowadays? 5?6? And whats the main oposition on order? Retri? Yes some guild leaders dont realise how balance is important in skills and zrealm, resulting in total server degradation. Want to fix pull? Fine, mirror lions to maras, make animation of lions shadow clone with timing of maras shlong with same resists. Bam problem solved. And we can go to other 9999

tazdingo

Post#66 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:25 pm

I think there should be more ways to pull/punt off of walls, not less
currently there's these few places where mara can do it, a few spots where sm can jump up, the wh/we sov ability and a few ranged punts that work at extremely specific angles
would def make sieges more interesting

Moonbiter

Post#67 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:27 pm

Sever1n wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:19 am Destro always start to counter argument that classes arent direct mirrors. WOW literally is figths between mirrors, and still game is balanced and fun. This is not argument at all. Key warband mechanics should be mirrored. U want nerf aoe interupt of lions Gara? Every time u forgot to mention that mara have uniq morale drain that lion never saw, instead we have wheelchair SW for years.
Jumping mara with pet?
Hmmm :o not bad

Stimpz

Post#68 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:46 pm

tazdingo wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:25 pm I think there should be more ways to pull/punt off of walls, not less
currently there's these few places where mara can do it, a few spots where sm can jump up, the wh/we sov ability and a few ranged punts that work at extremely specific angles
Exactly this!

I don't know where the "nothing is going to happen to me when I'm on a wall" mentality comes from.

Embrace every action that makes a siege more versatile! Like he said, more actions are needed to get people on or off the walls, not less. When an SM jumps on the wall and kicks a handful of people off the walls, I don't think, "nerf! nerf! nerf!", I think, "Man, that was cool!" even if I'm the unlucky one who got kicked.

Ads
Hugatsaga

Post#69 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 pm

Stimpz wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:46 pm
tazdingo wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:25 pm I think there should be more ways to pull/punt off of walls, not less
Exactly this!

I don't know where the "nothing is going to happen to me when I'm on a wall" mentality comes from.

Embrace every action that makes a siege more versatile! Like he said, more actions are needed to get people on or off the walls, not less. When an SM jumps on the wall and kicks a handful of people off the walls, I don't think, "nerf! nerf! nerf!", I think, "Man, that was cool!" even if I'm the unlucky one who got kicked.
100% agree.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Swordmasterror

Post#70 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:22 pm

Hugatsaga wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 pm
Stimpz wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:46 pm
Exactly this!

100% agree.
But for this to happen, the classes need to be more mirrored. Or do you agree that the lion needs to have the power to climb the wall by teleporting? An SH also has the jump of the WL and can spread like an SM... the Order isn't half the mechanics of the Des, just put it on paper and you'll see that...