Recent Topics

Ads

New player and low level experience

Let's talk about... everything else
agemennon675

Re: New player and low level experience

Post#31 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:18 am

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:44 am Some say that balances are bad.

Lets imagine a game you have a 100% mirrored classes. I assume this game would be perfectly balanced.
But would it be still balanced when you enjoy solo roaming and you encounter a warband or an half group of good players ? When you are in a optimised group vs a blob ?
Even in a Sc, where the amount of player is the same, class distribution could change, and even this holy balance could be discussed.

Imho, balance are not that bad, whatever the faction you play. Slayer is mighty, but a slayer without a guard and and a heal, are not overperforming. A sorcerer even it is powerful is very squishy and can't do a lot if the character is controled, and so on...

This game is all about how you manage your group and classes synergies. Of course, some synergies are easier to find than other, and sometime it is not that obvious.

I'm maybe wrong, and my answer is probably not satisfying for a sorrowful mind, but I don't have in mind a multiplayer game where everyone agrees that it is balanced. Do you ?
Direct mirroring would completely remove realm balance problems and I fail to see how that is a bad thing
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
salazarn

Post#32 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:17 am

Slaegan13 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:28 am
Healers don't die without many players attacking them.
Healers are basically stronger in this game than other mmos cos they can use rr to stack lots of defensives and still heal well. And they have detaunts for like perma 50% less dmg taken. IDK why rly.

Sulorie

Post#33 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:52 am

salazarn wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:17 am
Slaegan13 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:28 am
Healers don't die without many players attacking them.
Healers are basically stronger in this game than other mmos cos they can use rr to stack lots of defensives and still heal well. And they have detaunts for like perma 50% less dmg taken. IDK why rly.
Because they have to heal their team, which wouldn't work, if they die, when one enemy attacks them.
Dying is no option.

Fey

Post#34 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:58 am

The reason tanks and healers are so strong in this game is because no one wants to play a tank; and absolutely no one wants to play a healer. Incentives matter.

Detaunt and guard are both brilliant mechanics. They should exist in most of not all MMOs.

If you want to kill something you must coordinate with your mates. This is good not bad.

It's been said a thousand times, I'll say it again. If you want mirroring no one is stopping you from playing WoW, the MMO for babies.

Good riddance.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Fey

Post#35 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:09 am

I don't personally want to discourage new players, but this is an MMO. A PvP MMO at that. If you want to excel you're going to have to change your spec sometimes. Sometimes you'll even have to switch your class and level up another toon entirely.

This game is worth the grind is what I'm on about.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

shoelessHN

Post#36 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:21 am

Fey wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:09 am I don't personally want to discourage new players, but this is an MMO. A PvP MMO at that. If you want to excel you're going to have to change your spec sometimes. Sometimes you'll even have to switch your class and level up another toon entirely.

This game is worth the grind is what I'm on about.
You're missing the option that most people have been doing for years which is just swap to the side with the more organized warbands.

There is zero point in playing in pug warbands vs any sort of organization. You an also form a 2-3 man and just follow the organized warbands around and steal kills/renown, that's an insanely popular method for ranking up quick.

It leaves you the option to 2-3man queue scs if the other side has a lot of pugs queueing (free kills/weekend event) and if its premades queuing on the other side you just continue to zerg surf in your 3man.