fontin

Ror playable on a steam deck?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:48 am

anyone knows?

Ads
Florian90210

Re: Ror playable on a steam deck?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:27 am

It's playable on linux, so on steamdeck should work too. Maybe with some tinkering.

Karifd

Post#3 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:16 am

Yes, i have it working on mine, you can use the touchscreen for skills, or reassign the pad to buttons.

I followed the linux install instructions on this site and it was fairly easy to get it working.

Fey

Post#4 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:30 am

Do you even know how to play MMO's?

Go to the mall.

Trying to do a High Fidelity reference.
John Cusack, Jack Black. Anyone?
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

omicidi

Post#5 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:05 am

This game does not sound fun on a touch screen.

Wiede

Post#6 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:57 am

omicidi wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:05 am This game does not sound fun on a touch screen.
People seem to be very fine about the Steamdeck implementation of WoW tho

I'll give it a try

BluIzLucky

Post#7 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:57 am

Would love to play on my phone (maybe Steam Link), should be decent for everything outside ranked and premade city :)

Get Sequencer, keybind pads to shift/alt/ctrl to open up extra hotbar layers.

Only issue would be figuring out movement, like instant direction turning for the Analog Stick, but sure that could be resolved.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

necrophagos

Post#8 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:46 pm

I'm thinking to buy a steam deck. I would like to play Ror to it. Does anyone have any photos or videos of it playing ror? I would like to see how it looks.

Ads
nat3s

Post#9 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:50 pm

also interested in a Steam Deck, such a cool device
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Wiede

Post#10 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:50 pm

Wiede wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:57 am
omicidi wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:05 am This game does not sound fun on a touch screen.
People seem to be very fine about the Steamdeck implementation of WoW tho

I'll give it a try
Quoting myself... Meanwhile got a Steamdeck:

I'm not a native console player so im pretty bad with gamepads or controllers anyways but im pretty sure you will have big trouble to find a playable gameplay experience with the build-in controller... The only class playable (playable, not enjoyable) for me was monstro mara or choppa. Healing or tanking with a controller seems impossible for me. I'm sure there are people out there who can figure out a way to select teammates, heal and run (or jump an obstacle) at the same time but surely not me.
I got myself a BT Minikeyboard+Mouse... no problem. Especially the use of a keyboard is good for typing in texts/chats... Reason #1: The Steamdeck is too big to write comfortably with both hands one the virtual keyboard (like typing on a tablet in sideway mode...). And i have fairly big hands tbh.

Coming from a Schenker i7, 32gb RAM, SSD, ... Laptop: my performance got upped a lot. Big battles with lots of gfx pfc also get my frames down like on any other device... Else its a really enjoyable experience grafix-wise. Ofc you have to adapt your UI and the resolution is capped at 1280x800, so some things can be too small to see/read comfortably, but nothing really biggie of a problem tbh. You can scale everything important to the right scaling level without having gameplay issues or bad experiences (enemy/pure, debuffs, healthbars, grps...).

This is the same with most other games tbh... Borderlands 3, Eldenring, They are billions, RoR... Everything looks fantastic in its own dimensions (with only few performance issues).

I play on Linux, absolute beginner with this OS: i had zero problems with installation or installing the right packages, UI, or anything else, thanks to some awesome guides in this forum.

I got the "deluxe" version with "better" glass / SSD and a "cooler" bag... I believe to think it was worth it for the glass alone, altough i got it with -20% in the Last steamsale. Without that i would probably only have gotten the cheapest version.

Overall i only got the steamdeck for playing RoR mobile: this is fully functionable with KB/mouse and an enjoyable experience, 8/10. But i realised there are so much more aspects i enjoyed: the awesome compatibility/connectivity with nearly everything... It's yours, you can do everything with it: crack it, bop it, install windows, do whatever the f you want with it...
Playing Eldenring in the evening, camping at the see with all the stars above you... Chill experience. (Getting wrecked by teefz while beeing eaten by mosquitos is also a memorable experience...)
Use it as "tech-tool" (lol) when someone needs "IT-support" (neighbours, familiy, friends...)... so cool, just because you can... And with the afterwork reward beer you play twisted towers tetris clone or some coop game and have a relaxed and fun evening (i now have 2 ps5 controllers in my car just to always be able to play together if needed and on the road :D now it gets a little crazy: i even got myself some solar panel to charge my steamdeck while away from home).

It's just pretty cool and i think it was one of the best money spend for hobbies in my last 20 years.

Steamdeck, i love you

Valve... Pay me!

Edit: sorry for my bad english :shock: