Recent Topics

Ads

Ror playable on a steam deck?

Let's talk about... everything else
Cadoo344

Re: Ror playable on a steam deck?

Post#31 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Hah so that full line did actually work and bypass the agreement. Now the problem is I'm on what should be the main menu and the cinematic, credits, settings, and quit buttons are all at the bottom but the screen is black otherwise, and I still can't click anything. I guess there's deeper problems to address than input

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#32 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm

Cadoo344 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm Hah so that full line did actually work and bypass the agreement. Now the problem is I'm on what should be the main menu and the cinematic, credits, settings, and quit buttons are all at the bottom but the screen is black otherwise, and I still can't click anything. I guess there's deeper problems to address than input
Sounds like something wrong with the installation indeed then. maybe missing 32bit d3dx9_34.dll or something. Or somehow corrupted, missing files, not patched fully etc...
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

xpander
Community Management

Post#33 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:16 am

I have one more idea actually.
Lutris on Steam Deck is flatpak iirc? So maybe it has some strange permission issues like flatpaks sadly sometimes have.

What if you add RoRInstaller.exe as a non-steam game and install through steam, then change the shortcut to point to the installed RoRLauncher.exe
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

talope

Post#34 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 am

One thing I can suggest for Steam Deck users is binding the touch input on the right analog stick to right mouse click. That way you can move with the left stick and turn with the right.

BluIzLucky

Post#35 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:57 pm

talope wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 am One thing I can suggest for Steam Deck users is binding the touch input on the right analog stick to right mouse click. That way you can move with the left stick and turn with the right.
Yep, did something similar.

Anyone interested in playing the game on any device other than PC (or using controllers on PC), you can check out this guide;

viewtopic.php?t=51878

It includes various control keybinds that you can import.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70