Recent Topics

Ads

2h tanks?

Let's talk about... everything else
Snackbar

2h tanks?

Post#1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:58 am

Hey everyone. I'm totally new to WAR and I'd like to know if dps specced tanks are viable? If yes then which tank classes are good at doing dps? I was thinking about making a knight with 2hander but I've seen many posts saying that they are the best defensive tanks. I don't want to be gimped and useless for my group so is it ok to roll a dps tank or should I go with a real mdps? Sorry if this has been asked already, it was hard for me to find an answer using the search function.

Ads
Toldavf

Re: 2h tanks?

Post#2 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:05 am

With the current mechanics and lack of renown spec you wont hold guard very well and its likely a combo of guard and aoe will kill you.

Allot of tanks are finding this while levelling up their shields have poor block rates and their mitigation is poor leading to them being quickly dead.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

magter3001

Post#3 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:16 am

Black Orcs (on Destro) and Ironbreakers (on Order) are capable of doing well as 2H tanks. Just remember to not guard anyone (and expect people to be pissed off for not doing so) because guard will kill you really fast without a shield. Everyone has their opinions on 2H tanks but i've seen some really good ones lately. Just make sure you attack clothies like healers and ranged dps if you want to be effective and helpful.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Snackbar

Post#4 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:24 am

And what about KOTBS? It's the most appealing tank class to me. If not, then maybe Black Guard? From what I've read he's a mirror class of Ironbreaker.

magter3001

Post#5 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:34 am

Snackbar wrote:And what about KOTBS? It's the most appealing tank class to me. If not, then maybe Black Guard? From what I've read he's a mirror class of Ironbreaker.
Blackguards are only useful as SnB due to them having a 5s knockdown which is impossible not to take. KotBS is a capable 2h tank but their survivability is in question without their shield. I know they may seem appealing but their dps output is just not enough to justify having a 2h because they can do almost as much damage with a shield as they can when wielding a 2h. ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:13 am

After t2 tanks fall off really bad and in t4 thier just good for rdps classes

only certain tanks can go 2h and be "effective", and I use that term loosely are blorc and ib but even then you doing; yourself, your group and your realm a disservice, you lose soo much survivability and utility to do what? Play lolzmdps? If you want to deal damage then play a real mdps class

Right now with shield rush kotbs has the highest block rate in the game, with coordination tactic and a guard to get ez runefang procs, why would you give that up?

Toldavf

Post#7 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:47 am

Ib has less need to go 2 handed these days since the cave in nerf (no idea why black guards kd wasn't brought down as well)

If you want to play a knight in group snb is the way to go currently as out lined above they have great survivability.

By the time t3 roles around assuming we have any skill points from renown rank at all you could be giving your group 20% more crit an absolutely insane piece of utility no 6 man should be without.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

lilsabin

Post#8 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:41 am

i am runing a 2 handed black orc , do a lot of damage and have some nice survivability , especially with the buff that increase my max health by 25% on hit (chance)

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:05 am

Yeah yeah every one wants to roll 2h if their playing a blorc cause they all see shut yer face videos and ooo and aaa over his crits, many don't realize that he's a rr 100 blorc in like full wf killing lowbies and baddies who can't even detaunt

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:07 am

And yeah I hope by the time t3 roles around knights get nerfed and bs crap like that 20% group gets nerfed cause as it is right now kotbs is the best tank in the game and that needs to be addressed