Recent Topics

Ads

2h tanks?

Let's talk about... everything else
loulou

Re: 2h tanks?

Post#21 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi everybody
2h or 1H and shield all of this fair is fun. Specially 2h book has SM and BG who have greater survival than the others thanks to their shield of absorbtion. BG is a nightmare for healer dps RDPS and even for tank. and after the guard is not compulsory only stay alive srry lung rating dark elf :)

sorry Google translate take fun

Ads
Bozzax

Post#22 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:51 pm

I recommend all 2h tanks to spec "DPS" and the slot a shield and a board and compare how much damage you drop for having block that migrates 100% damage.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

lilsabin

Post#23 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:32 pm

so , black orc 2 hander are bad player or need a good team to play with . loool , what i am trying to say since the begining is that , black orc or ironbreaker by definition is not a tank , it is a class that offer a TANK SPEC. it is like saying if you roll a warrior in wow or a paladin and you dont tank , you are not doing right ... p.s. the day stupid healer will stop dpsing , i ll go back to snb (and traditional tanking) .

Penril

Post#24 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:50 pm

lilsabin wrote:so , black orc 2 hander are bad player or need a good team to play with . loool , what i am trying to say since the begining is that , black orc or ironbreaker by definition is not a tank , it is a class that offer a TANK SPEC. it is like saying if you roll a warrior in wow or a paladin and you dont tank , you are not doing right ... p.s. the day stupid healer will stop dpsing , i ll go back to snb (and traditional tanking) .
Your reading comprehension skill is outstanding.

rangerdude81

Post#25 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:52 pm

lilsabin wrote:so , black orc 2 hander are bad player or need a good team to play with . loool , what i am trying to say since the begining is that , black orc or ironbreaker by definition is not a tank , it is a class that offer a TANK SPEC. it is like saying if you roll a warrior in wow or a paladin and you dont tank , you are not doing right ... p.s. the day stupid healer will stop dpsing , i ll go back to snb (and traditional tanking) .
You're confusing "possibility" with "viability." That's what this topic has been about from the beginning.

WoW is a horrible example because it gives you the ability to actually switch your archetype after you pick your class. The same can't be said for in WAR because you are still in the Tank archetype whether you wanna equip a 2H and DPS. There's no choosing to specifically be a MDPS archetype or a Tank archetype after you made that career selection as a TANK. You're just a tank DPSing once you throw that weapon on, so keep playing 2H tank because you're right they do offer the ability to (kinda) do DPS. Just don't be surprised when people are still expecting you to play as a SnB tank because it is the most viable option right now.

grumcajs

Post#26 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:56 pm

by what definition actually arent Ironbreakers ideal class for tanking?

By lore maybe? Guardians of depths. Wearing gromril armor that makes then pretty much walking tanks. Able to hold invaders for almost eternity locked in desparate battle cuz their heavy armor just increase their typical toughness and stubborness?

Or maybe by this game? Their base dmg tooltip is lowest of all tanks in game I think. Sheer number of defensive and support abilities kinda outshine heavily the pure dmg ones.

If u were talking about Hammerers instead - yea. Sure, they look exactly like dps with option to tank.

I have met a lot of great 2h def IBs that could spec to be very tanky even without a shield - Runic Shield, Oathbound, Seen it all before ... some specced in more offensive way, some specced to be turtles without a shield.

btw - pretty much what Penril said. snb dps BOs are kinda awesome and can still provide guard without exploding just after first minute of battle

Bozzax

Post#27 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:57 pm

Why do you think 1h isn't dps?
(btw Penril is the god of BO SnB dps test what he writes bf write it off)

2h has +10% strikethrough (reduced chance to be blocked or parried)
2h unlocks some abilities (often useless AOE but sometimes cool stuff)

1h has more frequent hits that procs
1h has shield which allows you to have higher offensive stats
1h unlocks some abilities (typically channel block or KDs)
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

TenTonHammer

Post#28 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Bozzax wrote:Why do you think 1h isn't dps (btw Penril is the god of BO SnB dps test what he writes bf write it off)?
SnB dps but takes DYG over tree hit :roll:

i read him arguing the "merits", of taking that with my brother in the ib, bg thread who decided to drop it cause him and pen were just derailing the thread

Ads
Penril

Post#29 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:16 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Bozzax wrote:Why do you think 1h isn't dps (btw Penril is the god of BO SnB dps test what he writes bf write it off)?
SnB dps but takes DYG over tree hit :roll:

i read him arguing the "merits", of taking that with my brother in the ib, bg thread who decided to drop it cause him and pen were just derailing the thread
You mean this thread? Please point out where exactly did i say i spec'd DYG over THC.

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... 6&start=20

I said i prefered DYG over SYF + CYHMN. Which i do.

Edit: Is your brother Coryphaus? Most people completely disagreed with him. He was suggesting Marauders should spec their AoE KD instead of Guillotine + MA + GI.

Anyway, i really don't have anything to prove on my BO. That's why i am trying different classes now.

Peace.
Last edited by Penril on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Toldavf

Post#30 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:18 pm

I used the 2 handed turtle in live catering for a slayer its a lethal combo in with the knockdown, armour debuff the target, and cc any tank nearby anyone who doesn't get immediate support support after that is probably dead.

One of the other advantages of a 2 handed defensive spec is the focus you can get, it was very comon for me to receive allot of sorc dots when they gave up trying to kill the guarded slayer with full trivial blows, a huge amount of toughness, a buble that absorbs magic (timed right takes even more sting out of the rotation) and finally if things get to hairy iron skin and laugh off the pain.

The thing is tanks aren't there to top the leader board you are there to cater for your teams needs in cc, de buffing, protection, guarding and assist damage.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-