Recent Topics

Ads

New mail system

Let's talk about... everything else
Dabbart

Re: New mail system

Post#11 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:14 pm

HammerGuy wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:23 pm The lack of communication is the worst. There hasn't even been an acknowledgement of the issue. It's a big deal when the main motivation for RvR is broken and there are no assurances that reconciliation will come in the end.

The drive-by patching has to end.
This is worrying imo. I hope everyone's Ok, healthy and happy. We haven't seen a post from Gamesbond since July 2nd, or heard from Lilim and Kaelang(on forum) for a couple weeks. It is summer, and these people have RLs. I just hope everyone's good.

But "reconciliation" as you put it(odd word choice honestly, but I'm Irish so that term has certain connotations for me) will come. The mail will eventually work, ORvR bags will contain loot, and the WAR will continue.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Kpi

Post#12 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:22 pm

It is funny... it seems the main concern of the average player is the war crests :D
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

HammerGuy

Post#13 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:08 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:14 pm
HammerGuy wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:23 pm The lack of communication is the worst. There hasn't even been an acknowledgement of the issue. It's a big deal when the main motivation for RvR is broken and there are no assurances that reconciliation will come in the end.

This is worrying imo. I hope everyone's Ok, healthy and happy. We haven't seen a post from Gamesbond since July 2nd, or heard from Lilim and Kaelang(on forum) for a couple weeks. It is summer, and these people have RLs. I just hope everyone's good.

But "reconciliation" as you put it(odd word choice honestly, but I'm Irish so that term has certain connotations for me) will come. The mail will eventually work, ORvR bags will contain loot, and the WAR will continue.
I was going to say compensation but that has its own pitfalls. I mean to say that the bags earned during this period will be resent and the bags sent will be reset to have crests in them.

In other words, what should have been earned is sent out. I'm not looking for extra, just what was expected.

Dabbart

Post#14 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:17 pm

Gl with that. Best we can realistically hope for is a x2 event when this is all resolved.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

HammerGuy

Post#15 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:36 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:17 pm Gl with that. Best we can realistically hope for is a x2 event when this is all resolved.
And that is where communication comes in. Letting the players know that the devs recognize the problem and are working on it goes a long way for player satisfaction.

What we have now is a huge issue that isn't even mentioned. On top of that we don't know if compensation will be forthcoming. So, we're left to wonder. All the while players will foment rage and confusion.

Mcgotrek

Post#16 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:44 pm

Arent we getting crests for keep takes now?
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Gangan

Post#17 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:49 pm

I would not hope for a refund/restore of lost bags:
As stated in How an alpha server works

"Nothing that you earn on this server is guaranteed.

While we strive to minimize issues, the fact remains that you, and all of us, play on a development server and represent if not the first, then the second line of testing. This means that the playerbase are occasionally exposed to destructive bugs. Accordingly, we guarantee nothing. We reserve the right to wipe any type of progress should the need arise, and we have a general policy of not restoring losses that occur due to issues, as our primary mission is to restore the game."
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Tyrodan

Post#18 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:03 pm

Gangan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:49 pm I would not hope for a refund/restore of lost bags: [...]
You are obviously not wrong, but the reason this policy exists, is that it would be impossible for such a small team to investigate the validity of every claim of lost items. In this case however it is not a single player making claims, but an entire server that suffers from the very same bug. Depending on what is logged internally it could even be possible to automate the reimbursement.

I'm not saying we're definitely getting reimbursed, but in my opinion this case is a bit different than when a single player claims to suffer from an obscure non-confirmed bug of item loss.

Ads
Kpi

Post#19 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:32 pm

Tyrodan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:03 pm
Gangan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:49 pm I would not hope for a refund/restore of lost bags: [...]
You are obviously not wrong, but the reason this policy exists, is that it would be impossible for such a small team to investigate the validity of every claim of lost items. In this case however it is not a single player making claims, but an entire server that suffers from the very same bug. Depending on what is logged internally it could even be possible to automate the reimbursement.

I'm not saying we're definitely getting reimbursed, but in my opinion this case is a bit different than when a single player claims to suffer from an obscure non-confirmed bug of item loss.
Purple seeds with video showing the bug and how the seed is lost, the picture of the day when de players obtain the seed, screenshots of different moments cultivating it, and there is not reimbursed. So i don't have any hope of obtain the War Crest, sadly :(
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Emissary
Community Management

Post#20 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:48 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:14 pm

You have to read RoR's discord bond hasnt said anything in weeks but others know their is a problem, they are making light of it, but they know. Like others in discord have said, I worry we are being pushed away
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!