Recent Topics

Ads

Tanks ok but

Let's talk about... everything else
elchooki

Tanks ok but

Post#1 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:39 pm

hi i new and curious about tanks. I plan to play in duo with a kt and I was wondering between the chosen and the BG what would be the choice to have the most effective duo in sc and roaming for two, or even to integrate a 6 day. the BG seems interesting and quite offensive with the 2h. the chosen seems less aggressive with passive effects related to auras. in duo sc and roaming the choice of the shield for these two classes is to be avoided?

Ads
Vri

Re: Tanks ok but

Post#2 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:04 am

I love my BG and BO, Chosen is fun but a little mindless.
IB is my favorite Order toon and kotbs is a tank with training wheels.

Both BG and BO have a nice tool kit. You can learn BO pretty fast, just get really good with changin da plan. BG has a higher skill cap and will be eatting dirt till vanq and so on. BO 2h can burst and cc well, has a great knockdown and can stay in the fight longer, if built right. 2h BG isnt going to do much killing on the front line. You debuff, punt and slow and hope a caster is dumb enough to be close to the front line. You can find some really good info on BG, on the forums.

As for BO, you are a front liner brawler, Loud mouth tact, can burst on a ST target and nuke them down really easy if its mushy...you can do a lot with a BO. They are not what they used to be but still fun. If you want the glory days of Black Orc, roll a Sword Master.
Last edited by Vri on Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tanski

Post#3 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:34 am

Chosen is a better class overall, utility from auras unbeaten and great spirit dmg. Kit has everything you need

Bg dmg is decent, it’s more of a debuffer than super buffer like Ib, with superpunt, that can be super defensive and annoying, pair with Mara,choppa,dps dok, we
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Martok

Post#4 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:49 am

Chosen is probably the best overall tank in the game, followed by Iron Breaker and then Sorcs.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Vri

Post#5 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:32 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:49 am Chosen is probably the best overall tank in the game, followed by Iron Breaker and then Sorcs.
Going to say no for IB as over all. SM SnB gets my vote, solid tank, great tool kit, amazing punt if used right. Far more support for rvr.

HammerGuy

Post#6 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:46 pm

Vri wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:32 pm
Martok wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:49 am Chosen is probably the best overall tank in the game, followed by Iron Breaker and then Sorcs.
Going to say no for IB as over all. SM SnB gets my vote, solid tank, great tool kit, amazing punt if used right. Far more support for rvr.
Only amazing? It's undefendable, which means it's perfect for removing a defensive tank from his guardee. I'd say it's the best in the game. The only real downside is that you have to have a shield to use it.

As a BG, I don't find the super punt all that great compared to other punts. The distance on a lot of them is not far off from what the BG gets.

mekal

Post#7 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:17 pm

have to agree bg punt is SUPER overrated the distance is nice but you need flat terrain + 90 hate

in 6v6 discord fights its great since you can time it anything else its worse than chosen and sometimes bo

Martok

Post#8 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:02 am

Vri wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:32 pm
Martok wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:49 amChosen is probably the best overall tank in the game, followed by Iron Breaker and then Sorcs.

I was kinda using this format to take a backhanded swipe at Sorcs, but yeah S&B SM's can be very effective they are just boring to play.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
malark

Post#9 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:16 am

bg punt gets parried quite a bit

you have to combine it with knockdown really, which you only get after a block with a shield or if you're forced into speccing far into malice which means you're an ez kill