Ads

SC premade

Let's talk about... everything else
Omegus

Re: SC premade

Post#11 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:07 pm

How to disable a single target Sorc in a scenario:

1) Rune Priest
2) Slot the tactic that removes the cooldown from Rune of Cleansing (removes one Curse or Ailment)
3) Spam Rune of Cleansing on whatever the Sorc is trying to kill, removing all of their debuffs and exploding damage and rendering them fairly useless.

Yes, the same trick works with Zealots vs Bright Wizards (and also vs DPS AMs which is always funny).

Other counters include having a tank guard you to reduce incoming damage by 50%, and just killing the Sorc as it's one of the squishiest classes in the game with poor escape tools.

Also, as a Shadow Warrior you want to make friends with a Swordmaster who is specced for Whispering Winds as soon as possible, so you can spam Festering Arrow with no cooldown and Fell The Week every 5 seconds.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#12 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:26 pm

Unfortunately after about 13 casts you'll run out of ap. Also you will eventually die if bw just focuses you cause you can't heal the first dot ticks on you.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Omegus

Post#13 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:28 am

Cyrylius wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:26 pm Unfortunately after about 13 casts you'll run out of ap. Also you will eventually die if bw just focuses you cause you can't heal the first dot ticks on you.
tbh you don't need to cleanse every single one, and if I've done 13 cleanses (19.5 seconds...) and the Sorc/BW hasn't been dealt with yet then there are bigger issues.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Cyrylius

Post#14 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:45 am

Omegus wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:28 am tbh you don't need to cleanse every single one, and if I've done 13 cleanses (19.5 seconds...) and the Sorc/BW hasn't been dealt with yet then there are bigger issues.
True, if sorc/bw can afford spending 20 seconds on doing nothing you are probably losing anyway. You kind of do need to cleanse every single one, as the rotation is specifically constructed so that wop/BB is covered by everything else. And players tend to swap away from target which is getting cleanses. Also, i found out that veil of chaos absorb shield works very well too, just like simple Los break.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#15 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:58 am

Akilinus wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:51 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:19 pm
Gatto wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:01 pm must be really hard predict a 7.5 sec (5 gcd) rotation when u see chillwind on you, imagine how hard is for helaers/tanks to react on such small time window.
and btw SW with fester arrow can deal as much damage if not more with shorter cooldowns.
mindblowing is'nt it?
Now I agree good players can see and react sorc rotation but “SW can deal as much dmg if not more from a sorc with shorter cooldowns” ? Thats just a laughable comment. LoL
Dont think its fair to compare the pure damage, sorc vs sw.

Sw has its own heal debuff + mobility. KD+Fester is still burst that has to be respected if you dont want to die.
bro what mobility? heal debuff is 65 feet. when you get at 65 feet from enemy a lot can happen. most of the times in sc you won't have a tank. yes you can burst someone using KD+Fester, but that won't kill anyone, unless you're targeting conqs dps, and you're having BIS items :)

in good scenarios, against good pugs and premade, where destro are 2/2/2, that means you either hit tank, a dps that's guarded, or healers that are all tank-specced. fester on guarded target does about ~800dmg for me, and i'm rr73 invader SW. mdps usually have around 9k hp, rdps a little less. so how is it a burst in timespan of 3seconds (KD+fester, actually a little more than 3 seconds) that does measly 1k dmg to target of ~9k hp gonna help? do you people here know any basic math, or are just spewing numbers out of ass? i dont have any screenshots right now, but this is my experience from this weekend's sc event, where we got absolutely rekt by destro premades and even pugs. i can go run a scenario tonight and show you some pictures as to what ACTUALLY happens in game.

Akilinus

Post#16 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:10 am

rejndjer wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:58 am

Now I agree good players can see and react sorc rotation but “SW can deal as much dmg if not more from a sorc with shorter cooldowns” ? Thats just a laughable comment. LoL
Dont think its fair to compare the pure damage, sorc vs sw.

Sw has its own heal debuff + mobility. KD+Fester is still burst that has to be respected if you dont want to die.
bro what mobility? heal debuff is 65 feet. when you get at 65 feet from enemy a lot can happen. most of the times in sc you won't have a tank. yes you can burst someone using KD+Fester, but that won't kill anyone, unless you're targeting conqs dps, and you're having BIS items :)

in good scenarios, against good pugs and premade, where destro are 2/2/2, that means you either hit tank, a dps that's guarded, or healers that are all tank-specced. fester on guarded target does about ~800dmg for me, and i'm rr73 invader SW. mdps usually have around 9k hp, rdps a little less. so how is it a burst in timespan of 3seconds (KD+fester, actually a little more than 3 seconds) that does measly 1k dmg to target of ~9k hp gonna help? do you people here know any basic math, or are just spewing numbers out of ass? i dont have any screenshots right now, but this is my experience from this weekend's sc event, where we got absolutely rekt by destro premades and even pugs. i can go run a scenario tonight and show you some pictures as to what ACTUALLY happens in game.
Why dont you have a tank in your group?

Sorc damage alone is not enough to kill a guarded target that has enough brains to spend RR points into anti crit.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Gracey

Post#17 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:00 am

[ so how is it a burst in timespan of 3seconds (KD+fester, actually a little more than 3 seconds) that does measly 1k dmg to target of ~9k hp gonna help? do you people here know any basic math, or are just spewing numbers out of ass?
Your festering arrow only achieves 1k? Not sure, I haven't played SW in RoR but on the receiving end I am hit for 2-3K+ by festering arrows. 3.5K is the top festering arrow dmg I have taken in middle of a zone and not near any WC or similar. Maybe your math is fooling you :)

Gracey

Post#18 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:01 am

rejndjer wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:58 am

[ so how is it a burst in timespan of 3seconds (KD+fester, actually a little more than 3 seconds) that does measly 1k dmg to target of ~9k hp gonna help? do you people here know any basic math, or are just spewing numbers out of ass?
Your festering arrow only achieves 1k? Not sure, I haven't played SW in RoR but on the receiving end I am hit for 2-3K+ by festering arrows. 3.5K is the top festering arrow dmg I have taken in middle of a zone and not near any WC or similar. Maybe your math is fooling you :)

Ads
anarchypark

Post#19 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:29 pm

Premades are fine and should be encouraged.
problem is dodging.
almost every /5 semi-premade have at least one bad apple that asking dodge, 5min later queue, after facing defeat.
Never challenge to better opponents.
even duo, trio too.
not sure of guild premade or friend grp.
i suspect same.

It lead to premade from both realm dodging each other to farm pug.

If system can track every SC grp, so matchmaker can match premades whose in queue into premades whose SC about to end,
that would solve dodge. like new city queue.
long waiting queue timer will be downside i guess.
Or
If there's premade running, matchmaker condition turn to stricker 2-2-2 match.
also long wait time but better quality match.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

TreefAM

Post#20 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:52 pm

pugs getting farmed
just how its supposed to be