Recent Topics

Ads

The killboard kill the game

Let's talk about... everything else
Phantasm

Re: The killboard kill the game

Post#21 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:33 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:03 pm Spread the fight, make BFO's matter. Get rid of only one pairing open fights.

Could bring back a mix of the old campaign and the new system. Keep the scheduled city fights but allow for unscheduled cities to happen via pushing the campaign, maybe increasing the rewards for the "campaign pushed" cities.
I would go further:
Scheduled cities - solo Q only
Campaign cities - 6+ groups only.
No more whine for being stomped by premades, incentive to actually win a fort to get a chance for own 6+/guild/alliance warband to queue and get fairly equal fight against other 6+/guild/alliance warband.

Ads
Morradin

Post#22 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:39 pm

The differences between ROR WE/WH and live are few, and actually make the RoR WE/WH weaker

CRIT: Higher on live
STR: Higher on live
BURST DAM (WE) FINISHER DAM (WH): Higher on live
REGEN: Higher on ROR
STEALTH: 30 sec on live 1 min on RoR (Far cry from the so called perma stealth everyone cries about)

So where is all this WE/WH OPness everyone is complaining about?
Defensive armor sets from dungeons for MDPS. Biggest culprit, what never should have been introduced, is the Ranked SC armor sets. Especially when it comes to WEs.

Phantasm wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:33 pm I would go further:
No more whine for being stomped by premades, incentive to actually win a fort to get a chance for own 6+/guild/alliance warband to queue and get fairly equal fight against other 6+/guild/alliance warband.
YES!!! YES!!! I love the 2 different City siege idea.

billyk

Post#23 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:28 pm

Phantasm wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:33 pm
Akalukz wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:03 pm Spread the fight, make BFO's matter. Get rid of only one pairing open fights.

Could bring back a mix of the old campaign and the new system. Keep the scheduled city fights but allow for unscheduled cities to happen via pushing the campaign, maybe increasing the rewards for the "campaign pushed" cities.
I would go further:
Nice idea but Destro would simply stop queuing for scheduled cities, which would lead to the same situation we have now.

Isidoro
Suspended

Post#24 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:40 pm

Balance kills the game. Let's bust an order.
On the belt buckles of the sovereign, the lions need to knock out "Max is with us!"

Tanski

Post#25 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:15 pm

Stop taking dying in a video game so seriously.

If someone is getting pockethealed but they are the only one that damaged you it is considered a solo kill.

Ya some people are kinda ridiculous about keeping there kda perfect and will only sit in their wcs and sc spawns as rdps so they are impossible to kill …. But who cares if that’s how they wanna play let ‘em

Killboard is a cool feature overall

The lakes have always been zergy, No one was calling out when order had 100+ aao for months and destro would run around Marty’s square in 4 wb blobs, but now that order is blobbing too it’s a problem now ofc, not to even mention LoTd which order leaders were refusing to do for a while because of the zerging

The game encourages blobbing cause in the current state the only way to beat a blob is to blob, there are too many geared high rr players for 1 wb to just farm everyone in eu prime time like you could a few years ago
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Akalukz

Post#26 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:37 pm

too bad you can't pull up the killboard in game :)
-= Agony =-

Garamore

Post#27 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:38 am

Kpi wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:55 pm Since the killboard was release, the RVR is only zerg, and in SCs the premades with RDPS only fight around his spawn to do kill with the NPC protection (this is patethic, btw)

Maybe remove the killboard remove this play modes.
Totally agree - its changed the behaviour of certain people/guilds. The amount of running from fights has gone through the roof! Same with ranked - if only the top 3 were shown more people would play.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

wonshot

Post#28 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:50 am

It is hard to say if the killboard is making some players change their behaviour, same for the when addon Damaz kron got added on live suddenly some players seemed to overly care about their K/D ratio to the point of only picking winning fights.

Players are naturally free to play as they want, but the original gamedesign seem to be based around casualties (see how fast this game allows someone to be ressurected compared to DAoC, and how minimal the ressurection sickness is to clear at the healer) to me that shows that this game was designed to be chaotic with back and forth momentum swings, and not this 15min bashing on targets to get one kill situation we have in ranked.

As for the killboard, it is very Damagedealer focused. Before our guild summer break i was joking about not having our tanks and healers in the guild if we wanted to care for our killboard K/D ratio simply because only the damagedealers are counting on the board, and if you do a full wipe all of the support classes will only count towards the deaths :roll:

The killboard is nice, i like it, and its handy for some data. But it also doesnt paint a full picture and is very easy to abuse if one should care.
Removing deaths from it, could maybe be a option to head in the way of the original gamedesign and whomever is already playing the most will just be on the board. just like it is now, kinda. But the extra layer of "oh no my K/D ratio" fear might fade abit from some players. Who knows.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
gebajger

Post#29 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:57 am

Tanski wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:15 pm

If someone is getting pockethealed but they are the only one that damaged you it is considered a solo kill.

No, its not.

I don't care about my kdr, if I did, I wouldn't play solo/duo/trio all the time, getting zerged on a daily basis.
It's a game.
Rioz

Tanski

Post#30 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:50 pm

gebajger wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:57 am
Tanski wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:15 pm

No, its not.

I don't care about my kdr, if I did, I wouldn't play solo/duo/trio all the time, getting zerged on a daily basis.
It's a game.
I agree, but according to the killboard if only one person damages you but they have a pocket heal it’s a “solo kill” was my point, again, people should take it with a grain of salt.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am