The killboard kill the game

Let's talk about... everything else
gebajger

Re: The killboard kill the game

Post#31 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:27 pm

Tanski wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:50 pm
gebajger wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:57 am
Tanski wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:15 pm

If someone is getting pockethealed but they are the only one that damaged you it is considered a solo kill.

No, its not.

I don't care about my kdr, if I did, I wouldn't play solo/duo/trio all the time, getting zerged on a daily basis.
It's a game.
I agree, but according to the killboard if only one person damages you but they have a pocket heal it’s a “solo kill” was my point, again, people should take it with a grain of salt.
Indeed, that's why it's misleading.
My bad, I thought you meant it should be considered a solokill...
Rioz

Ads
needforsneed

Post#32 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:48 pm

who even bothers to look at this **** when it is only on the website?

Sulorie

Post#33 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:31 pm

needforsneed wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:48 pm who even bothers to look at this **** when it is only on the website?
You don't look up names, before inviting people to your group? :lol:
Dying is no option.

anarchypark

Post#34 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:37 pm

It promote pug stomping.
while you're blaming players not to grp and fight back,
pugs bleed and quit.
and wondering why only 1 side are grouping.
grp need tanks and heals.
what makes tank heal quit or xrealm to easy side?
you know, 'easy' is one of balance factor.
at this point, i'm more curious are they even interesting in that question.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Toshutkidup

Post#35 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:31 am

Solo isn’t dead, kill board doesn’t do anything to solo players who are real solo players. Elitist players that cared about K/D used addon to track that anyway. Game has always favored groups/WB’s/Zergs and solo has always been “punished”. But people that truly enjoy solo play still play solo and will continue to play solo.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

warlover

Post#36 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:43 pm

Stinkyweed wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:19 pm My personal preference for the entirety of this game was to roam, most times solo. However with the blob mentality and WH/WE gank groups (permastealth, vanish+speed, and regen) combined with reduction of SH range, it's just not fun anymore. I have been sticking to SCs as much as possible and leveling alts (most recent aptly named "Blob" the Choppa) rather than partake in the horrid end-game RvR lakes experience.
What Permastealth ???

Truelyyy

Post#37 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:50 pm

I wouldn't be against removing death counter from killboards, I agree there is a mentality around some players around preserving their KD to a point where it's unhealthy. The killboard death counter is only going to further that mentality.

I'd also be in favor of removing keeps from the RvR weekly, and increase the kills/BOs required to make zerging/xrealm-zerging less prevalent.

Qwack

Post#38 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:00 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:31 am Solo isn’t dead, kill board doesn’t do anything to solo players who are real solo players. Elitist players that cared about K/D used addon to track that anyway. Game has always favored groups/WB’s/Zergs and solo has always been “punished”. But people that truly enjoy solo play still play solo and will continue to play solo.
There has always been zergs. There has always been stealth gank groups. And now there is a Killboard. Doesn't matter. I still play Pure Solo on my Qwack toon and enjoy it.
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

Ads
Scottx125

Post#39 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:31 am

While I don't care about the killboard, I know for a fact others do. And some guilds actively engage in zerging (corralling puggies to actively follow and zerg with them) in order to boost their numbers higher on the weekly board. I suggest they remove kills/deaths and instead replace it with a K/D ratio and rank it based on that. Therefore it'll ensure people play to a higher level trying to get more kills than deaths rather than mindlessly zerging and getting tons of kills and deaths to try and creep up on the board. There also needs to be a system like the LOTD debuff that decreases the dmg and health based on the local number of allies against the local number of enemies within 100ft. So if you have 3 WB's worth of people vs 1 WB, you'll only do (to a minimum) 50% of your normal damage and have 50% of your normal health. IMO ORvR should be more about warbands flanking and working together tactically rather than roflstomping whatever side has fewer players. To that end, I think RoR should borrow a feature from GW2 or other MMO's, if Destro is outnumbered. If you've got a destro character on your account, a popup will ask you to swap after 55% (and keeps asking every 2.5% after that) giving a 2 hour account wide buff on your destro characters for XP on top of any AAO.
Last edited by Scottx125 on Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

reynor007

Post#40 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:51 am

Truelyyy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:50 pm I wouldn't be against removing death counter from killboards, I agree there is a mentality around some players around preserving their KD to a point where it's unhealthy. The killboard death counter is only going to further that mentality.
the killboard is the best thing that has been invented lately, it is very interesting to see how good the enemy who killed you or against whom was a really interesting fight
I never cared about K/D, I never ran away from 1v1 fights, but probably in solo my WH is one of the best on the server and for me this motivation is many times stronger than the rank in the 6v6 game, which means nothing to me
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+