Recent Topics

Ads

Which class spec for dps/dot and run in pvp ?

Let's talk about... everything else
dotandrun

Which class spec for dps/dot and run in pvp ?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:15 pm

hello,

i am a former player of wow. I plays mostly fire mage with running scorch and dot&run warlock so i am seeking a class and spec that allow me to dps while movin and jumping. A class with lot of instant cast/Spell or shot...

so can you tell me which is the class/spec in pvp that will allow me to dps while moving ALL THE TIME, i hate hardcast or be static...i'm too much used to run and jump while attacking/casting.

SO i listen to your advice, as a beginner i am open to all links and youtube guide and website with talent calculator

i am wondering if the squig quick shot is not a bad idea but i don't like class with pet i don't know if there is hunter with instant shot in the other faction or the bright wizard the immolation spec maybe ?

Ads
HammerGuy

Re: Which class spec for dps/dot and run in pvp ?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 pm

Shaman and Archmage are good for single-target dot and run. Magus has a lot of dots as well, some AoE too (helps with getting renown in keeps and zergy RvR). It isn't quite as mobile as the Shaman and Archmage but it can move around while using the flamer pet.

SH and SW have skirmisher playstyles available to them as well.

Tanski

Post#3 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:48 pm

Sham or sh will fit your play style perfectly.
Both have an op speed boost racial that even post nerf is very strong , and a huge detaunt.
Of the two, defensive sham is prolly the strongest solo spec in the game, stacking toughness, and gss m1 for even more kiting

Am is good too but doesn’t have the mobility of sham, or overall durability (outside of bubble m1) , albeit having more damage

Shadow warrior has less of a skirmish play style than sh and is more about long range kd and festering arrow bombs

Magus is dot/burst heavy but is a static class and I wouldn’t ever recommend new players to play magus or engi, even though magus does have a really strong solo spec
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

dotandrun

Post#4 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:07 am

Hello,

thank you for your feedback !

so i watched pvp movies of squig herder and shaman and thats the playstyle i am looking for. But i have hard time to decide myself. Best solution will be to level up 2 char and decide after some play which one suits me the best but i will play mainly this summer so i want to focus on one.

Can you tell me if it's possible to play without the pet when you play squig herder ? what's the use in pvp of the pet ? one thing i don't like with the shaman it's the aoe snare zone, the green puddle, you are forced to use it in you spell rotation to kite ennemies player. The shaman was using all the time in order to kite. Is it a core abilities or can i replace it by another instant spell or something else ?

thank you

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:35 am

why do you hate aoe snare puddle? :O one of strongest spells in game, and no you can't "replace" it :D

dotandrun

Post#6 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:49 am

well i have had same sort of spell with snaring flamewave spell of fire mage at wow cataclysm and its really annoying when you are kiting or strifing or moving the worst is turning while targeting ground and i found it breaks the flawless playstyle of fire mage and was stressful to some point. Ring of frost spell was disturbing also..

well i'm not going to argue for one spell because the movie of shaman gameplay i saw is awesome....but i was very hyped also when i saw the sh kiting well and shoting in the meanwhile. It reminds me the ranger in aion even more fun and flawless

dotandrun

Post#7 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:05 am

can someone tell me how much exactly instant offensive spell has the shaman ? and how much instant attack/shot has the sh ?

Sinisterror

Post#8 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:19 am

RoR.builders - Squig Herder You can check all skills here
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:23 am

I think that SH video is only possible by EU ping.
and most movies were edited.
expect many adds allies or enemies alike.
if you can't handle death and fail well,
shaman is better.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ninjagon

Post#10 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:32 am

The strongest DOTter in the game: Sorcerer.

Check Word of Pain (+Vision of Domination).
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/career/sorcerer
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler: