Recent Topics

Ads

What could we do to change the lack of balance between factions?

Let's talk about... everything else
Gnash

Re: What could we do to change the lack of balance between factions?

Post#11 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:47 am

We know that from time to time a faction is in power... players go to the “easymode” side... xrealmers.

Being on the losing side in WarHammer is... bad for the losing player as... to... little Warbands. If one side is winning... that side is... evolving... the losing side is evolving...
This contributes to:

A side... with a lot of confidence.
On the other hand... dull and players giving up every day...
playing...will bring more renown... gaining X renown every X minutes... will do that... every second...
... is, in my opinion, more accurate. ;)
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack

Ads
facundo7777

Post#12 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:02 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:10 pm
facundo7777 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:55 pm
DirtyLarry wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:23 pm Or, Create solo only SC ques.
Yep. It could solve many issues with whole game
What does this changes? People will still get dominated by other pug teams, who by chance have better group setup. As a result you lose, no matter what enemy you got.
for instance U will lose and win some due to group setup, gear etc instead of constant losing vs premades.

Sulorie

Post#13 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:53 am

facundo7777 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:02 am

for instance U will lose and win some due to group setup, gear etc instead of constant losing vs premades.
No, when on one side are significantly less healers in queue, which shifts after some hours, days... but not on a per sc basis, you will get streaks with pretty bad results for your team.
The things premades with voice com can do are morale drops and talking more complex tactics but this relates more to rvr. Requesting punts is important in SC but even this can be managed without being in a premade. Assist needs no voice com.
Playing for years with the same people adds another layer to it compared to random /5 groups, when you are 100% sure all know their role.
So what actually kills the victims of said premade?

And does it feel different to get hammered by pugs with higher individual skill, who happen to be online on one side at a time or premades?
Dying is no option.

facundo7777

Post#14 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:12 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:53 am
facundo7777 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:02 am

No, when on one side are significantly less healers in queue, which shifts after some hours, days... but not on a per sc basis, you will get streaks with pretty bad results for your team.
The things premades with voice com can do are morale drops and talking more complex tactics but this relates more to rvr. Requesting punts is important in SC but even this can be managed without being in a premade. Assist needs no voice com.
Playing for years with the same people adds another layer to it compared to random /5 groups, when you are 100% sure all know their role.
So what actually kills the victims of said premade?

And does it feel different to get hammered by pugs with higher individual skill, who happen to be online on one side at a time or premades?
i dont agree.

1) if i notice my side as pug lack heal or tank i can still relog and change something while vs premade it doesnt matter

2) losing vs similar pug group for hours until it shift is still better than perma losing vs premades. Anyway its not matter of hours. It shifts every few sc (t1 is good example for that).

3) premade do only morale drops? what about switching guards, moving to specific points, planned swtich of target and tons of other things.

4) if one pug group for example have 3 tanks and 3 dps and play vs 5 dps and 1 heal it is still equal scenario etc. While 2/2/2 premade is always stronger than any pug composition.

Dajciekrwi

Post#15 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:36 am

This concept will buil a LAST ONE ULTIMATE MEGAZERG.
When weaker side will get this Superbust, noone, even a WB will not take the risk to fight with weaker faction. All WB will start roaming together, just all. Its simply, easy and logic tactic.
What we need is to left "big group mentality" nad change game to small group activity.
The WB cant be anywhere, so give the weakers chance to outmaneuvering the stronger side!

Ninjagon

Post#16 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:01 pm

What is wrong with "big group mentality" ?
I like big fights and small scale too.

There should be no extra bonus or penalty in fight.

Against stronger (or just more) opponents, you still have options to be like partisans.

As a player who never plays destruction (and never will), I know what I am talking about.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Dajciekrwi

Post#17 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:15 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:01 pm What is wrong with "big group mentality" ?
I like big fights and small scale too.

There should be no extra bonus or penalty in fight.

Against stronger (or just more) opponents, you still have options to be like partisans.

As a player who never plays destruction (and never will), I know what I am talking about.
Let me explain specially for You- "what wrong with big group mentality".
The big group mentality allows sacrifices a individual enjoyment from game, for some unclear, unspoken purpose of Warhammer as a big battle game.
And not, Your Bright Wizard dont like the small scale, bro:))
What You like is be covered by numbers od tank, healers & support char in WB.
I play this game enough to know and recognize Your playstyle, Buddy !!

wachlarz

Post#18 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:14 pm

Wanna see when mega bolstered choppa or slayer destroy a full wb. Perfect balanse. 🤣😂😁😆😅

Ads
Vri

Post#19 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:18 am

Here we go again.

Koryu199X

Post#20 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:02 am

Ah this again, I suggested a a number of things such as a champ buff when defending BO's and enabling players to become the keep lord themselves, also if one side controlled all the BO's this reduced the damage to the keep lord and keep door. Other ideas brace the gate so players in a Lord of the Rings style could brace the gate and reduce the damage a ram did. A key thing is to encourage players to entrench themselves in the keep, so I suggested players be able to make barricades and plant claymores which would do damage and inflict a massive AoE snare. Oip does more damage and snares. The cannons should do more damage I think all artillery is needing an overhaul. If players are ale to prep and thus should be encouraged a keep siege should be an intense but exciting and enjoyable battle. Of all the keep sieges I've been in only a couple were memorable.