Recent Topics

Ads

What could we do to change the lack of balance between factions?

Let's talk about... everything else
Chosenoneror

What could we do to change the lack of balance between factions?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:46 pm

Hello guys. Please disregard errors, English is not my main language.

I'd like to talk a little bit about the imbalance between factions, and no, it's not about each class, it's about how the population on one side is so predominant over the other, and maybe we can talk about some ideas so that this isn't such a problem big that makes the game unplayable for one side.

We know that from time to time a faction is in power in general, with an absurd number of players while on the other side players struggle not to give up and switch factions. But most of the time this fight is lost and more players go to the “easymode” side as the community usually calls, xrealmers.

Being on the losing side in WarHammer is math that will always give results as bad for the losing player as the disappointment of dying over and over again to an absurd amount of zerg against your group of friends, little Warbands. If one side is winning 95% of the fights, whether in sieges of castles, forts, open zones... that side is always evolving in a vertical line, while the losing side is evolving in a horizontal line. This contributes to:

A side to be stronger, whether with crest drop, renown, level and with a lot of confidence.
On the other hand, a weaker, discredited faction, with less drops, less renown.
A lukewarm game, with uneven fights, dull and players giving up every day.
Some people will say that playing AAO will bring more renown, this rule doesn't seem to be working right now. What's the point of gaining X renown every X minutes if the other side will do that and more for the volume of deaths every second?

So, in my opinion, the big villain ends up being the player himself, who, before thinking about the healthy life of the server, he suddenly decides to take his entire guild to the other faction without doing this analysis, and makes the game unbalanced. For the most part, these are players who were faction leaders, who pulled the rvr. However, it is also not mandatory for anyone to have to play on one side, it is up to everyone's conscience to keep the game pleasant.

I know that for some this lack of balance makes no difference, that with some classes it is even better, but as a whole it makes the game lukewarm.

I was wondering if maybe a realm buff I'll call it SuperBurst =)

It works as follows:

For every X number of players in a zone, the side with the lowest number receives the SuperBurst, a buff that will give more status to each player on the less numerous side and will scale both up and down, in a way that makes it less unpleasant play on the side that is always losing and also discourage players from switching sides without a punishment, but a “reward” for staying in the fight. This buff has nothing to do with AAO bonuses but it would be based on his stats. It wouldn't take into account a low number of AAO not even low level that already receives the natural burst. But it also wouldn't go up only when the AAO number is extremely high. There has to be a middle ground here for things to happen.

Well, it was an idea I had looking at my group the other night trying to defend a point on the map, trying to help other smaller groups, but that was always missing that extra Burst. If I'm giving you a shitty idea, please don't judge me ;P
This is an idea that needs to mature.

But for you, apart from the fact that for everything to be better depends on the conscience of each player, what is your opinion?

Please, let's keep common sense and politeness so that a frenzied fight between the loudest speakers doesn't start =D

Ty!

Ads
choppawarhammer

Re: What could we do to change the lack of balance between factions?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:12 pm

the zerg is real
for some reason people prefer to fight a lot vs few, farming instead of a fair fight, something need to be done
also siege stuff like cannon and oil needs a buff asap
yesterday we had 4 cannons on a keep defense and killed zero people.... kinda make cannons pointless and ranking keeps also pointless

Sulorie

Post#3 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:20 pm

This idea isn't new and has significant flaws, therefore it got discarded multiple times over the years.

When you fight 1 WB vs 1 WB your side shouldn't get buffed just because there are 3 other enemy warbands in the zone and you got 400 AAO.

Something similar on the other hand is being tested during lotd raids, where your healing/DMG is being reduced, if too many players of your side are within close proximity.
Dying is no option.

TrainInVain

Post#4 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:28 pm

The side with lower numbers needs cc immunity or it doesn't matter how much you boost their health and damage

DirtyLarry

Post#5 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:23 pm

Or, Create solo only SC ques.

HammerGuy

Post#6 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:52 pm

I like the idea of reducing damage, healing, and/or wounds based on the number of players per side around the BOs and keeps once a certain ratio has been exceeded. It keeps the fights more even locally (zone-wide is too vast an area) without having to calculate how many players are around in all the areas of the entire zone.

Rewards should increase the longer you are active on a particular realm. If a player is sticking to the losing side, there should be a significant reward given to them so that they don't just go to the other realm. The system would be something like this. For every 5 minutes that you get renown while not flagged as AFK, you get an increase in the number of crests and/or renown up to a threshold (perhaps 200%). It doesn't reset unless you log into another character or you participate in another zone (so if you log out to eat dinner and come back into the same character the bonus continues where it left off, but if you hop on another character/realm or fight in another zone it resets).

This is all brainstorming, so don't put me in the gibbet just yet.

facundo7777

Post#7 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:55 pm

DirtyLarry wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:23 pm Or, Create solo only SC ques.
Yep. It could solve many issues with whole game

Sulorie

Post#8 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:10 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:55 pm
Yep. It could solve many issues with whole game
What does this changes? People will still get dominated by other pug teams, who by chance have better group setup. As a result you lose, no matter what enemy you got.
Dying is no option.

Ads
geezereur

Post#9 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:23 pm

Yes plz but I dont think will happen.

Tesq

Post#10 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:37 pm

put 1 timer on all zone's flags, make them all open and close at same time, now every one need stay spread all time to cap , you cant snowball anymore.....add bonuses based on aao, if you out number other side need +1 flat to generate supply; now underdog can pick 3 out of 4 flags or less and figth in equal numbers or reduces the gap. At least during flag ranking.

simply put a mix and fix of pre 1.3.8 and after 1.4.0 system of live.

keep walls alredy offer bottleneck to counter zerg during siege. The problem is lack of offense and defense options appart kill door, use oil, flank.
Last edited by Tesq on Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.