Recent Topics

Ads

What could we do to change the lack of balance between factions?

Let's talk about... everything else
DirkDaring

Re: What could we do to change the lack of balance between factions?

Post#31 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:28 am

I liked the game better in 2016 when T4 was first unlocked, before they made all the changes to most of the classes trying to fix balance, but actually just made it worse.

Ads
drbaker

Post#32 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:50 am

Can't believe I forgot the most important fix to the realm balance. Remove the rvr weekly quest.

kakaonutella

Post#33 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:25 am

I'd say, let's start from this one

Sulorie

Post#34 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:20 am

Westorz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:03 am Full database reset, yeet everyone's characters, fresh start
You assume to have a chance in fight if all start from scratch?
Dying is no option.

messerjockel

Post#35 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:46 am

drbaker wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:50 am Can't believe I forgot the most important fix to the realm balance. Remove the rvr weekly quest.
I have a different opinion.
Since the weekly task was introduced I did not join any SCs.
The time of pain and disappointment finally came to an end.
No more getting farmed by premade in sovereign anymore.

BR

Messerjockel

Panel

Post#36 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:51 am

kakaonutella wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:25 am I'd say, let's start from this one
So if you don't use block/parry as a defensive mechanism rampage has no effect- i thought it helped mow down whole wbs - and if you do use block/parry and are more than 5ft from the slayer it also has no effect. meanwhile GTDC has a 40ft range and effects everyone

Araco

Post#37 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:56 am

kakaonutella wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:25 am I'd say, let's start from this one
Its completly fine have a skill that let the enemy tanks and melee without pants, plus make a gud charge improving your speed 50% and if you have a little of brain using "Break Loose" for dont be affect even for snare and arraiving to the destro healers. When the Melee Squig Herder had Bad Gas/Indigestion skill for increase 5 secs the cd of the enemy was nerfed to 3 secs, a melee class based in moblity without knock down, "Out of my way" nerfed too in speed and with 55secs cd. When the people want they can destroy a class with mechanics that you can think at counter in easy ways. Its other topic about remove the GTDC, a skill affected by cc inmunity, i repeated affected by the cc inmunity, that mean apart of can be interrupted from distance, have a second "protection" for dont be abused the mechanic. Anyway, the smart asses will say you need target in the middle of the battle the slayer and use "shatter enchantment" and if you are lucky enough remove "rampage".

Sulorie

Post#38 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:57 am

Panel wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:51 am

So if you don't use block/parry as a defensive mechanism rampage has no effect- i thought it helped mow down whole wbs - and if you do use block/parry and are more than 5ft from the slayer it also has no effect. meanwhile GTDC has a 40ft range and effects everyone
I guess - Slayer aoe got some range too, combined with ID ticks affecting even more people - is a response someone would make on such a comment.
Dying is no option.

Ads
HammerGuy

Post#39 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:25 pm

Panel wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:51 am
GTDC grants immunity to pulls and punts. If used incorrectly it is a detriment. Rampage grants no immunity. Rampage used incorrectly has no negative effect.

GTDC is a 13-point ability, lasts for 6 seconds on a 20 second cooldown (downtime of 14 seconds), only affects 6 enemies, and is channeled. Rampage is a 5-point ability, lasting for 10 or 20 seconds on a 30 second cooldown (downtime of 10 or 20 seconds), affects up to 24 targets, and is instant.

GTDC can mess up positioning momentarily. GTDC is a mild annoyance when running away. Rampage makes all of the slayer's damage undefendable. Rampage can wreck anyone (and 23 others) in front of the slayer.

As a tank, the idea that I'm supposed to not face a melee dps class is absolutely idiotic. I will die before the teammate I am guarding, because the rampage damage is undefendable. So while my teammate is getting hit for half of the slayer's damage, I take the other half and the damage intended for me.

Could we do a swap for two weeks and see the results? Pull me in and give me punt immunity. That'll really mess me up as a tank. I'll be totally gutted, except that my block and parry will matter again.

Earthcake

Post#40 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:59 pm

I never died before the dps, you don't HAVE to invest everything into parry if you know it will be mostly useless.