Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa Pull, fix or delete it?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sofong

Re: Choppa Pull, fix or delete it?

Post#51 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:03 am

Everdin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:52 am
Sofong wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:09 am these orda whinebois are so clueless and yet asking to nerf this and that and DELETE a skill from game.... u simply dun spam GTDC in proper 6v6 where TANKS handle da CCs.
so why not replace it with something else? why are destro so stick with a so useless ability?
replace it with ID+rampage, sure, y not. :D
they are not asking to replace it, they asking to DELETE it. :D

Ads
Everdin

Post#52 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:04 am

Tyrodan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:56 am
lumpi33 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:57 am Every pull into their melee blob is a free kill and there are A FREAKING LOT OF PULLS when there are so many choppas. There is almost no fight as order where you don't get pulled by GTDC. It's outrageous...
GTDC has a range of 40 feet. If you get caught by a choppa, you are either a tank, a guarded melee (which means no free kill for destro) or you weren't supposed to be this close to the frontline anyway. Fix your positioning or get a guard and you won't have trouble with GTDC.

billyk wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:14 am Protip: Neither Rampage nor SL are free kill buttons, GTDC is.
This is why choppa and not slayer dominated the ranked leaderboards. Because GTDC is a free kill. Oh wait... On a more serious note. This isn't cluelessness it's ouright gaslighting the devs for more destro nerfs.
As a healer and range dps you have to stand still from time to time and some abilitys are on lower range (e.g. 60 feet). While 20 feet difference is quickly gone while you use an ability, the choppa also have the speed advantage while using gtdc. So if you say "just do nothing with your range class and best is to stay on mount for speed", yes you are right. If you are able to think a little bit out of your "green is gud" mindset you would at least not write such bullshit.

If shatter limps is a way to claim ranked leaderboards what about melee squig herder? why are they not present there? Not played much ranked with my slayer, but would always prefer numbling strike over rampage, not sure about others
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Everdin

Post#53 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:08 am

Sofong wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:03 am
Everdin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:52 am
Sofong wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:09 am these orda whinebois are so clueless and yet asking to nerf this and that and DELETE a skill from game.... u simply dun spam GTDC in proper 6v6 where TANKS handle da CCs.
so why not replace it with something else? why are destro so stick with a so useless ability?
replace it with ID+rampage, sure, y not. :D
they are not asking to replace it, they asking to DELETE it. :D
I'm pretty sure even the biggest hardcore order fanboi is not asking for "Delete it and dont give him a 13pt ability". I would say give choppa both and to equal things up a bit, and after this we talk about other issues like Choppa/bo synergy and marauder aoe kd/pull?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

agemennon675

Post#54 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:13 am

Everdin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:04 am
Tyrodan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:56 am
lumpi33 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:57 am Every pull into their melee blob is a free kill and there are A FREAKING LOT OF PULLS when there are so many choppas. There is almost no fight as order where you don't get pulled by GTDC. It's outrageous...
GTDC has a range of 40 feet. If you get caught by a choppa, you are either a tank, a guarded melee (which means no free kill for destro) or you weren't supposed to be this close to the frontline anyway. Fix your positioning or get a guard and you won't have trouble with GTDC.

billyk wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:14 am Protip: Neither Rampage nor SL are free kill buttons, GTDC is.
This is why choppa and not slayer dominated the ranked leaderboards. Because GTDC is a free kill. Oh wait... On a more serious note. This isn't cluelessness it's ouright gaslighting the devs for more destro nerfs.
As a healer and range dps you have to stand still from time to time and some abilitys are on lower range (e.g. 60 feet). While 20 feet difference is quickly gone while you use an ability, the choppa also have the speed advantage while using gtdc. So if you say "just do nothing with your range class and best is to stay on mount for speed", yes you are right. If you are able to think a little bit out of your "green is gud" mindset you would at least not write such bullshit.

If shatter limps is a way to claim ranked leaderboards what about melee squig herder? why are they not present there? Not played much ranked with my slayer, but would always prefer numbling strike over rampage, not sure about others
Slayer is on ranked leaderboard because they pressure multiple opponents with single target build, they have too much aoe and ST in the same build and a heal debuff, thats what makes slayer best dps in this game. Not shatter limbs or Rampage alone its the combination of the tools they have access to in one spec, almost every other dps class have to give up either aoe or ST in their build
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Tyrodan

Post#55 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:39 am

Everdin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:04 am As a healer and range dps you have to stand still from time to time and some abilitys are on lower range (e.g. 60 feet). While 20 feet difference is quickly gone while you use an ability, the choppa also have the speed advantage while using gtdc. So if you say "just do nothing with your range class and best is to stay on mount for speed", yes you are right. If you are able to think a little bit out of your "green is gud" mindset you would at least not write such bullshit.
Weak argument. In an organised setting you still have a guarding tank as a dd. If you don't, you are pugging. Not the choppas fault you are not using the tools available. About the healer: they tend to have 150 feet range. More than enough not to get caught. WP offspec might be at a disadvantage, but there are plenty of offspecs that don't work in a wb setting. No foundation to remove GTDC.

Conclusion is: You have the tools available to reduce GTDC to a nuisance, but you rather chose to ask for a removal of said skill because its inconvenient.

JohnnyWayne

Post#56 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:03 am

A nuisance? With a little luck you can stake someone until they release to the WC or pull enemies through solid walls. Not to forget that the range for 40 feet is a frace considering that it increases a lot when you have the speed buff active.It not a nuisance, its a buggy mess.

I'm down to remove GTDC and give them some equivalent to slayer. If you want Rampage, you will have to sacrifice destro tanks superiority compared to order tanks. Also down for that, makes things more even.

Still, the main issue is the lack of defensives during flight. Remove this. It makes pulls and punts (especially long punts) way too strong.

Tyrodan

Post#57 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:11 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:03 am A nuisance? With a little luck you can stake someone until they release to the WC or pull enemies through solid walls.
I don't think anyone here disagrees, that pulling through walls shouldn't be fixed. This is a no brainer. For the rest: there are plenty of arguments in this thread, why GTDC is nowhere near op as some people make it sound.

Butzinjo

Post#58 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:17 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:03 am
I'm down to remove GTDC and give them some equivalent to slayer. If you want Rampage, you will have to sacrifice destro tanks superiority compared to order tanks. Also down for that, makes things more even.

Can someone explain me why destro-tanks are so superior compared to order tanks? I Really don´t know, i have to play mostly healer.

Plz only in short terms:
Something like BO hast cd-reduce - oh wait...
don´t talk about the great punt he has since a few patches

or BG has a recommended viable shield-spec.

P.s. If u wana see an Tank melting like ice in a volcano, come destro and join a keepfunnel. Last seen yesterday in Praag.

Ads
Everdin

Post#59 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:42 am

Butzinjo wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:17 am
JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:03 am

Can someone explain me why destro-tanks are so superior compared to order tanks? I Really don´t know, i have to play mostly healer.

Plz only in short terms:
Something like BO hast cd-reduce - oh wait...
don´t talk about the great punt he has since a few patches

or BG has a recommended viable shield-spec.

P.s. If u wana see an Tank melting like ice in a volcano, come destro and join a keepfunnel. Last seen yesterday in Praag.
Bringing a bug to a balance discussion is some kind of weired. Also "Destro tanks are weak because we died one time yesterday" is a statement without any value. In one post you first say you have no clue about tanks and the rest of the post is complaining about tanks.
#AllClassesMatter

― John Burroughs

Dajciekrwi

Post#60 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:42 am

wachlarz wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:51 pm
Farrul wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:18 am What does solo have to do with it?

Without any means of escape it doesn't matter if you got 4 pocket heals with you, but that's beside the point.
What matters is : other melee pulls do not mechanically behave like that ( it's broken from a balance point of view , hell WL can't even use the pull at doors )

I've lost count the times Order players die stuck in the melee blob becuse the thing sucks you in like a black hole(or green). Ridiculous tbh.
U tell that U are pulled so 1 vs wb. So U dont wanna die from choppa pull. From what skill U wanna die ? mara pull ? Sorc crit ? magus pull ? shaman dots ? We backstab ? Autoattack ? xd
Yep, true without the pull, this game willbe more statisc then ever!