Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa Pull, fix or delete it?

Let's talk about... everything else
Farrul

Choppa Pull, fix or delete it?

Post#1 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:52 am

How can such abomination of an ability be allowed to exist, a sincere question.

1) Bugged to hell as we all know, will pull you through walls/floors. Funny story: got pulled from the third floor in Kadrin south keep and ended up inside the Wall, able to attack destros but being almost entirely immune to their WB levels of damage, made several greenskins emote in confusion. :mrgreen:

2) Unlike other Pulls(WL/Mara) this will position the victim right at the Choppas feet, the player will get stuck inside the destro blob without any means of escape.

3) It completely messes up the angle of the camera, e.g it will point towards the sky/ground or be zoomed in creating a lot of confusion, this alone kills.

Do i hear Destros yell Rampage ? Rampage is kindergarten stuff in comparison, this thing is evil and a complete enigma as to why it is allowed to remain in its current form? How many good honest Order player must leave the game in frustration because devs are lazy? j/k ;) but may we discuss the real elephant in the room?

Ads
wachlarz

Re: Choppa Pull, fix or delete it?

Post#2 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:57 am

2. U wanna survive solo vs wb ? I think it will be far from balanced.

Farrul

Post#3 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:18 am

What does solo have to do with it?

Without any means of escape it doesn't matter if you got 4 pocket heals with you, but that's beside the point.
What matters is : other melee pulls do not mechanically behave like that ( it's broken from a balance point of view , hell WL can't even use the pull at doors )

I've lost count the times Order players die stuck in the melee blob becuse the thing sucks you in like a black hole(or green). Ridiculous tbh.

Everdin

Post#4 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:55 am

Farrul wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:18 am What does solo have to do with it?

... hell WL can't even use the pull at doors ...
Don't forget to mention that this is one of the few places where the lion could at least reach the person because they are standing still, fetch on a moving target (not talking about moving out of range of the player), is more gambling then everything else, and the best is, if it does not work, its nonetheless on cooldown.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#5 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:26 pm

If you'd like to help out, we could add you to the testers group and try to replicate the bug in dozens of places in order to make a potential fix possible soon.

It is one of these issues where tens of hours of testing and recording are needed in order to find out why it happens in specific places.

Detangler

Post#6 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:51 pm

1 or 2 getting stuck in a wall vs. stacking slayers using rampage melting anything that comes thru a funnel.

you lose track of how many times it pulls a tank rather than what you want to pull and gives free immunities out when someone gets pulled 5 feet? congrats, now your tank cant be punted away!

Im sorry you got killed in a fort.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

wachlarz

Post#7 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:51 pm

Farrul wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:18 am What does solo have to do with it?

Without any means of escape it doesn't matter if you got 4 pocket heals with you, but that's beside the point.
What matters is : other melee pulls do not mechanically behave like that ( it's broken from a balance point of view , hell WL can't even use the pull at doors )

I've lost count the times Order players die stuck in the melee blob becuse the thing sucks you in like a black hole(or green). Ridiculous tbh.
U tell that U are pulled so 1 vs wb. So U dont wanna die from choppa pull. From what skill U wanna die ? mara pull ? Sorc crit ? magus pull ? shaman dots ? We backstab ? Autoattack ? xd

nebelwerfer

Post#8 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:33 pm

Id be interested to see how this ability is affected by the grace range.

Considering how it is an aoe and also has movement speed buffs i suspect its grace range makes it imba.

To OP, you need melee bw's or other aoe punters who can knock the meleetrain off your sorry ass when you get pulled. It is the only way you can escape.

As usual, id like to repeat that i think aoe cc should have a shorter cd than st cc because it will make plays like this more feasable and fluent.

Ads
flux

Post#9 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:07 pm

Yeah sure if you also delete rampage.

JohnnyWayne

Post#10 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:07 pm

Considering the pull also interrupts channels and casts, it is way over the top. As far as I am informed, getting pulled and punted removes defenses on your character. If that is the case, I'd recommend to start there and remove that.
Not just that you can't control your character during flight, you are out of position afterwards, which is insanely strong on it's own.
flux wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:07 pm Yeah sure if you also delete rampage.
You can have it the very moment destro tanks are tuned down to order tanks in defensives.