malark

Re: Choppa Pull, fix or delete it?

Post#111 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:54 am

it's just delusional at this point lol

Ads
malark

Post#112 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:20 am

sorry I don't want any hard feelings and I understand it isn't easy to balance things

I'm just saying it seems like it would be hard to justify anything that helps Order out at the moment because they're winning by a very large margin it seems, and you can come up with reasons for that but the question is why make it harder for the side that's losing the most scenarios and is constantly 4-0 campaign status in RVR, didn't win LOTD etc. That simply doesn't make sense. I'm all for trying out changes though or new content being added and appreciate that this game is free and has provded me untold hours of entertainment.

JohnnyWayne

Post#113 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:57 am

Two months ago, the same was said about destro and all roles were reversed in the discussions. It is all about where the organized core players are playing atm. I'm afraid we are at a point where you have to remove that from the equation and go for SC winrates and experiences from things like gvg events... :/

Tanski

Post#114 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:54 pm

“Detailing the topic” literally 12 pages of crying about
An ability with clear counter play that is only good in certain situations. (Try using taunt or aoe interrupts :) )

Go play choppa, or better yet go play a destro tank and have every single order tank have immunities 24/7
Because choppas won’t stop spamming pull.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Alubert

Post#115 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:24 pm

Choppa is my main character.
I also think that GTDC should be removed from the game but on the condition of how slayer ID is removed from the game.
I would like to remind all ignorant forum speakers and those who do not know the classes that GTDC is the equivalent of slayer ID and not, as some think, GTDC is the equivalent of Rampage.
The exclusion of Rampage from the game is a completely separate issue. Which of course should have happened a long time ago.

Another solution is to exclude GTDC from the game but replace it with something like slayer ID as Urummuk proposed a year ago.
Of course Rampage in this case should also be removed or transformed in a reasonable way.
Choppa CF should be moved high into the DaHitta tree instead.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

sharpblader

Post#116 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:47 pm

Finally some good forum drama.

We've got a full house of the usual suspects,
1. Nerf GTDC
2. No nerf Rampage
3. No remove slayer ID
4. No destro tanks too good
5. Mirror everything ez
6. Git gud
7. Destro winning too much
8. No order winning too much
9. Order mains playing Destro
10. No Destro mains playing Order

Been quite stale for sometime now.

Vri

Post#117 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:12 pm

sharpblader wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:47 pm Finally some good forum drama.

We've got a full house of the usual suspects,
1. Nerf GTDC
2. No nerf Rampage
3. No remove slayer ID
4. No destro tanks too good
5. Mirror everything ez
6. Git gud
7. Destro winning too much
8. No order winning too much
9. Order mains playing Destro
10. No Destro mains playing Order

Been quite stale for sometime now.
It has been a spicy week and i am very thankful.

Farrul

Post#118 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:35 pm

malark wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:20 am sorry I don't want any hard feelings and I understand it isn't easy to balance things

I'm just saying it seems like it would be hard to justify anything that helps Order out at the moment because they're winning by a very large margin it seems, and you can come up with reasons for that but the question is why make it harder for the side that's losing the most scenarios and is constantly 4-0 campaign status in RVR, didn't win LOTD etc. That simply doesn't make sense. I'm all for trying out changes though or new content being added and appreciate that this game is free and has provded me untold hours of entertainment.
Not that long ago Destro had the numbers and were dominating, nowdays i'm not sure and numbers seem to fluctuate(e.g for the past few hours a pop advantage destro). If a fix/balancing is implemented it most likely won't come immediately, by the time something happens the pop could easily have shifted again.

Anyway, we're discussing how to fix a bugged/broken ability or replace it, it doesn't necessarily have to be a nerf(in terms of strength) for choppas but less abusive for sure. It's a dumb ability which is spammed and abused in orvr, causing all kinds of weird stuff and bugs/frustration.
Alubert wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:24 pm Choppa is my main character.
I also think that GTDC should be removed from the game but on the condition of how slayer ID is removed from the game.
I would like to remind all ignorant forum speakers and those who do not know the classes that GTDC is the equivalent of slayer ID and not, as some think, GTDC is the equivalent of Rampage.
The exclusion of Rampage from the game is a completely separate issue. Which of course should have happened a long time ago.

Another solution is to exclude GTDC from the game but replace it with something like slayer ID as Urummuk proposed a year ago.
Of course Rampage in this case should also be removed or transformed in a reasonable way.
Choppa CF should be moved high into the DaHitta tree instead.
If it is removed it needs to be replaced with something, ID mirror you say? I have no opinion because i do not play Slayer and hence ignorant how it would fit the Choppa class or how it would affect overall balance. Someone knowledgable about both these classes in a direct comparison ability for ability and with the faction vs faction balance in mind could give valuable input.

Just keep in mind that Order got far less melee(tanks) than Destro and making the choppa too raw(i.e for every slayer at least 3 choppas can be observed in the lakes) wouldn't be a good idea unless Order tanks are included in the equation.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#119 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:36 pm

Farrul wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:35 pm Just keep in mind that Order got far less melee(tanks) than Destro and making the choppa too raw(i.e for every slayer at least 3 choppas can be observed in the lakes) wouldn't be a good idea unless Order tanks are included in the equation.
Why would we adjust classes based on the fact, that order pugs tend to play range classes? Both sides have viable classes per archtype, so if one sides loses because of too few front line classes, players have to fix it, not devs.
Dying is no option.

malark

Post#120 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:27 am

Farrul wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:35 pm
malark wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:20 am sorry I don't want any hard feelings and I understand it isn't easy to balance things

Not that long ago Destro had the numbers and were dominating, nowdays i'm not sure and numbers seem to fluctuate(e.g for the past few hours a pop advantage destro). If a fix/balancing is implemented it most likely won't come immediately, by the time something happens the pop could easily have shifted again.

Anyway, we're discussing how to fix a bugged/broken ability or replace it, it doesn't necessarily have to be a nerf(in terms of strength) for choppas but less abusive for sure. It's a dumb ability which is spammed and abused in orvr, causing all kinds of weird stuff and bugs/frustration.
I hear that but i've been playing for about a year maybe more i've leveled 3 destro characters to 75 or over and I can confidently say other than relatively brief spikes it seems like Order has a much easier time of it as far as winning and gearing up, obviously particularly lately, and the style of play to go up against is very grief-ing. You only have to log on, play for a while or look at the stats. You're obviously entitlted to your opinion but in my opinion this being changed on it's own to be something less effective would show a clear bias considering the game's current and recent memory environment and you'd only be kidding yourself if you think it wouldn't cause some bemusement among destro players.