Recent Topics

Ads

Dragon Gun/OYK proposition

Let's talk about... everything else
Tanski

Dragon Gun/OYK proposition

Post#1 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:59 pm

Quick simple suggestion here, playing WH more recently and in current iteration it does provide utility to wbs in burn armor, morale pump drain, outgoing
heal debuff, 5% crit debuff, but the aoe pressure really doesnt compare to wl/slyer and even with the utility I am not entirely sure it deserves a slot in a solid wb.

Proposition- just as AM/sham are reliant on choppa/sm in order to go from mediocre healers to outputting some of the best aoe healing in game,
reduce DG/OTK cd to 5 secs , also reduce morale pump/ drain by half. This would allow WH specifically a spot in utility party while they would still be able to output decent aoe pressure with a SM in party, without the morale aspect being completely obnoxious.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Dragon Gun/OTK proposition

Post#2 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:03 pm

Speaking from a personal perspective, not as part of the balance decision making process.

WE/WH are predominantly rogue-type classes, stealth allows them access to the squishy targets to blow up and vanish again. (Lore influenced).

I'd argue that giving them AoE pressure on top of their utility (both WB and individual) to rival the WL/Slayer (even to a point) makes them far too strong and takes away from the class' core concepts.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Fenris78

Re: Dragon Gun/OYK proposition

Post#3 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:13 pm

Allowing WH to spam DG doesnt sound like a good idea, especially when he can self-heal to full hitting 15+ targets (the radius is huge).

Already with a SM and WW, a 5s cd DG with self-heal is huge and make a guarded WH almost unkillable for 10s, against a wb.

Tanski

Post#4 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:25 pm

Both fair points :D , though I don't know why you would run sanctified bullets in a wb.

Also I dont think a 0 sec ranged kd would be that big of a deal in wbvwb, was just thinking though in smaller scale that could be pretty obnoxious.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Akalukz

Post#5 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:10 pm

the easiest fix is to revert "the fix" to Broad Severing/Sweeping Razor. Even if it doesn't allow 24 targets, 9 targets would work great for back line trama.
-= Agony =-

ritual

Post#6 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:32 pm

lmao

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:36 pm

Best is to revert Broad Severing/Sweeping Razor to hit 6 people and making aoe cap back to 9 except ranged can hit 12.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

losvtranse

Post#8 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:03 pm

I do FEEL (and just feel, at least it would be fun to see implemented) that WE/WH should have a "wannabe aoe" spec by placing a proper aoe tactic somewhere around at the end of the path of carnage, or even maybe giving them a SW treatment by putting at the end a new stance that blocks stealth for a while, but boosts offensive (giving additional dmg/scaling on oyk/aoe slice?) and defensive (just avoidance? Would certainly do the flavor) stats, and maybe some in-combat MS for a good measure.

And if we are descending to the lore nitpicking - WE is not really a "stealth character", more like a religious berserk :P.

Ads