Recent Topics

Ads

Hashut, The Father of Darkness

Let's talk about... everything else
Vri

Hashut, The Father of Darkness

Post#1 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:35 pm

'Hashut, the Father of Darkness, is the God of Fire, Greed and Tyranny and patron deity of the Chaos Dwarfs. A grim and malignant being, often represented as a great blazing bull wreathed in smoke and shadow, Hashut is most often believed to be a Chaos God; some scholars of the arcane would, however, label him as an archdaemon rather than a Dark God, and others insist he is some other foul entity let loose upon the world during the Great Catastrophe. Whatever the case may be, Hashut is closely associated with tyranny, greed, fire, and hatred, and is a being whose gift of power comes at a terrible price.'

Is Hashut a mainfestation of The Chaos Gods ? Is he something on to his own ? Maybe the collective id of angery dwarf ancestors?
Last edited by Vri on Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Martok

Re: Hashut, the Father of Darkness

Post#2 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:37 pm

Vri wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:35 pmMaybe the collective id of angry dwarf ancestors?

That would fit, I believe, as a good descriptor.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Vri

Post#3 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:47 pm

Martok wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:37 pm
Vri wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:35 pmMaybe the collective id of angry dwarf ancestors?

That would fit, I believe, as a good descriptor.
I like it more than some outside force. Dwarf internal conflichts and grduges make for good lore.

Martok

Post#4 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:33 pm

Yeah Dwarves in the Warhammer Fantasy World always struck me as an emotional gestalt collective, sharing the notion of grudges through generations. The whole ID ancestor notion you cited just seems natural as fuel for a Chaos deity.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Vri

Post#5 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:44 am

Martok wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:33 pm Yeah Dwarves in the Warhammer Fantasy World always struck me as an emotional gestalt collective, sharing the notion of grudges through generations. The whole ID ancestor notion you cited just seems natural as fuel for a Chaos deity.
Thats a good point ! Shared grudges over long amounts of time could have started, feed or aidded in the creation of Hashut.

Obeed

Re: Hashut, The Father of Darkness

Post#6 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:18 am

"Hashut the once proud friend and strong ally of the Dawi gods was cast out of favour. Due to Hashuts unforgiving aggressive nature a great battle was faught in which all Dawi gods united to turn on Hashut and cast him out of their realm. Long millenia has Hashut brooded with dark rage planning his revenge on the traitorous Dawi with the help of his few loyal Dawi-Zharr who believe their cousins gods to be weak traitorous wretches that can neither be trusted or left to live. Glory to Hashut, long live the Dawi-Zharr the true Dawi!"
Nothing is as sure as the glitter of gold and the treachery of Elves!

Whyumadbro

Post#7 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:38 am

Hello fellow Hashut-Enthusiasts!

HAshut cannot be a God, and i say that outright. While beeing the average Hashut-Enjoyer I have to point out that the Dawi-Zarr encountert that beeing in the old world, wich is impossible for a god. Gods cannot come into the world, otherwise Khorne would do the job himself.

A very powerfull demon? Yes thats more fitting. Like Belákor or such.

Tyrodan

Post#8 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:14 am

Whyumadbro wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:38 am While beeing the average Hashut-Enjoyer I have to point out that the Dawi-Zarr encountert that beeing in the old world, wich is impossible for a god. Gods cannot come into the world, otherwise Khorne would do the job himself.
Aren't the ancestors gods like Grimnir and Valaya considered gods as well? Pretty sure they once walked the world too. Grimnir even walked into the chaos wastes to farm reknown apparently.

Ads
MMXX43

Post#9 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:21 am

Chaos God Proper not allied to them tho.

Whyumadbro

Post#10 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:07 am

Tyrodan wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:14 am
Whyumadbro wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:38 am While beeing the average Hashut-Enjoyer I have to point out that the Dawi-Zarr encountert that beeing in the old world, wich is impossible for a god. Gods cannot come into the world, otherwise Khorne would do the job himself.
Aren't the ancestors gods like Grimnir and Valaya considered gods as well? Pretty sure they once walked the world too. Grimnir even walked into the chaos wastes to farm reknown apparently.
But there Ancestor-Gods, not Gods like Slaanesh or my boy Nurgle. They became Gods, like Sigmar.