Recent Topics

Ads

What exactly is a fun solo class?

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Community Management

zayaakhtar

What exactly is a fun solo class?

Post#1 » Wed May 25, 2022 6:18 am

Doesn’t necessarily have to be the best, just fun. I started the game a few days ago and have been having trouble figuring out what I want to play.

I’ve tried Black Orc and gotten to level 10 through PvE (because I’m playing because of the lore and setting more than the PvP gameplay) but cpstest what is expected of a Tank to do sounds a bit daunting and if I ever feel like PvP I don’t want to be useless.

If there are any fun/unique builds for classes for just running around omegle I’d love to hear them. Most of the stuff I found on the forums through Google were a few years old or didn’t make much sense to my newbie brain.
Last edited by zayaakhtar on Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Waaghtastic

Re: What exactly is a fun solo class?

Post#2 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:01 am

Ok...
Doesn’t necessarily have to be the best, just fun
Answer to this: all classes can be fun. It's up to you what play style you prefer (ranged, melee, casting spells or more like physical combat, etc.).

I'd say all classes can be fun and have their niches.

Going solo, there is no "best" class so far. Each class has some kind of counterpart but at the end it's your skill & gear vs enemy skill & gear (+ luck I guess).

Currently Archmage / Shaman have a good solo meta, they are ranged casters and dot everyone down while they heal them selves and run away.
Also Witchhunter & Witchelves are pretty good due to their stealth and escape tools as well as their damage.

Last but not least
I’ve tried Black Orc and gotten to level 10 through PvE (because I’m playing because of the lore and setting more than the PvP gameplay) but what is expected of a Tank to do sounds a bit daunting and if I ever feel like PvP I don’t want to be useless.
Just run around solo as a dps and you will quickly see how tanks are everything but useless. Their guard ability (they take 50% of your damage) and their broad toolset of CC, buffs and debuffs they are a huge benefit for everyone.
I personally really enjoy playing my tank and trying to support my group mates as much as possible to enable them getting down our enemies.

Yes, a defensive Black Orc with schied & 1h weapon will not burst out huge amounts of damage but paired with a dps or healer you got a pretty solid setup for a roaming duo group.

Also AFAIK can 2h BOs be pretty solid solo though the current solo tank meta prefers chosen with regen specc for survivability.

redfingers

Post#3 » Wed May 25, 2022 9:16 am

Black orcs with 2H are considerably more durable with some basic sustain compared to many pure DPS options. I don't see how they fail as a solo option. They have an ideal mix of heavy armor, buffs/debuff in their rotation, and options to lean into DPS or durability as needed. You can even dynamically change what debuff/buffs you use for pressure or durability as part of your rotation.

Other than the headache of stance dancing they seem like a fairly straightforward choice for what you're trying to do.

I find the sword and board DPS heavily lacking on BO.

Templa

Post#4 » Wed May 25, 2022 2:55 pm

I recommenced a Warrior Priest(WP) or Desciple of Khaine (Dok)

They both bring a lot to the table:
  • A lot aoe dmg
  • Lifetaps (heal yourself by dealing damage to the enemy)
  • Can spec dps in the late stages of the game
  • Awesome aoe healers (especially in pug environments)
Thanks to their damage and healing potential they are pretty much immortal when it comes to the overworld solo content you are speaking about WITHOUT any need for potions and consumables.
If you want to do Dungeons, you can run as a healer or by wielding a melee weapon and a shield(Grace WP & Sacrifice Dok) to heal your teammates.
If you want to jump into scenarios you might want to check em out between level 22-29 because at that lvl you get a sweet powerspike thanks to the bolstermechanic present in the game.

Other recommendations:
  • 2hBO and SM are also very good, because you can reach insane amounts of Block and Parry wich makes you also pretty much immortal in PvE Settings.
  • Magus and Engineer bring a ton of aoe dmg to the table, a pet and combined with a loooot of CC, so you are always prretty safe before the enemy can reach you. Also Engineer has a powerful healing spell
Aside from that you can play every class in a pve enviroment, some might need some potions to be fun, but potions are really cheap or completely free if you make em yourself. The hardest class to solo on would be Bright Wizard and Sorcerer because of their core mechanic, where they hurt themselves to deal more dmg. But ofc it's still possible.
Spoiler:

nat3s

Post#5 » Wed May 25, 2022 3:39 pm

Best solo classes are WH, WE, AM, Shaman
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE