Recent Topics

Ads

This could save PQs!

Let's talk about... everything else
zacflemo

This could save PQs!

Post#1 » Wed May 11, 2022 1:23 am

So, the potion of acclaim, why don't you award that to people that do like 5 PQs so they get a RR reward, would make people want to do PQs to get that reward as it's only a reward for basic RVR weekly, so why not make it something for people to go out and do PQs in certain areas every week and get that potion for RVR, mainly the 1-30 lvls would love it because you could also get tier gear from the chest from that areas pq plus maxing out that inf rewards could give cosmetic rewards for higher lvls, I feel like this would be a great because your including PVE to get a RvR reward which everyone will want!

Ads
havartii

Re: This could save PQs!

Post#2 » Wed May 11, 2022 3:27 am

they could use better rewards for quests and pqs. such a vast world.. and most of it is not used
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

warlover

Post#3 » Wed May 11, 2022 4:52 am

zacflemo wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:23 am So, the potion of acclaim, why don't you award that to people that do like 5 PQs so they get a RR reward, would make people want to do PQs to get that reward as it's only a reward for basic RVR weekly, so why not make it something for people to go out and do PQs in certain areas every week and get that potion for RVR, mainly the 1-30 lvls would love it because you could also get tier gear from the chest from that areas pq plus maxing out that inf rewards could give cosmetic rewards for higher lvls, I feel like this would be a great because your including PVE to get a RvR reward which everyone will want!
Not a bad idea at all :)

zacflemo

Post#4 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:11 am

warlover wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:52 am
zacflemo wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:23 am So, the potion of acclaim, why don't you award that to people that do like 5 PQs so they get a RR reward, would make people want to do PQs to get that reward as it's only a reward for basic RVR weekly, so why not make it something for people to go out and do PQs in certain areas every week and get that potion for RVR, mainly the 1-30 lvls would love it because you could also get tier gear from the chest from that areas pq plus maxing out that inf rewards could give cosmetic rewards for higher lvls, I feel like this would be a great because your including PVE to get a RvR reward which everyone will want!
Not a bad idea at all :)
I'm glad you agree! :D

zulnam

Post#5 » Wed May 11, 2022 2:13 pm

PQs need some tweaking, but not by implementing rewards tied directly to other game modes. The reward for PvE has so far been the gear and soulstone; suggesting anything else reduces your chance of a successful suggestion.

Perhaps a good direction would be:
- give pve crests on PQ completion based on participation, similar to how you'd get for locking an RvR zone or end of a SC;
- make Onslaught buyable using pve crests;
- [ultimate tweak] make weekly event for PQs similar to RvR Weekly, but with pve crests and the standard 200skill crafting regeants

But even then, would the effort be worth it, seeing how few people are interested in anything more than the bare minimum pve? Can't say I blame anyone. I love RoR, but almost every mmorpg under the sun does pve better, and with WotLK classic around the corner... ehhh...

If you want to suggest anything use the Balance Proposals subforum, that is where the dev team is most likely to read suggestions.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed May 11, 2022 4:44 pm

zulnam wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:13 pm
- [ultimate tweak] make weekly event for PQs similar to RvR Weekly, but with pve crests and the standard 200skill crafting regeants
not a bad idea tbh - if only there were reasons to make money though. hardly worth crafting cause just... money is mostly worthless.

TikiiTorch

Post#7 » Wed May 11, 2022 5:09 pm

tvbrowntown wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:44 pm
zulnam wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:13 pm
not a bad idea tbh - if only there were reasons to make money though. hardly worth crafting cause just... money is mostly worthless.
Eh, some people like doing it just for the sake of doing it. I think this is a great idea also.
Tikii is the name, doing Shaman things poorly is my game

tazdingo

Post#8 » Wed May 11, 2022 9:23 pm

pqs could get unique appearance gear, rare dyes, gear with unique and unusual stats like some onslaught pieces have. the sad truth is that i've done both the entire empire and chaos campaigns as well as every pq along the way and there wasn't a single piece of loot worth mentioning

Ads
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu May 12, 2022 12:44 am

unique appearance gear is a dead idea because they can't add new models into the game. we get what we've got or reskins.

tazdingo

Post#10 » Thu May 12, 2022 12:56 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:44 am unique appearance gear is a dead idea because they can't add new models into the game. we get what we've got or reskins.

of course they can, look at dok/wp shield