Recent Topics

Ads

My experience so far on Return of Reckoning

Let's talk about... everything else
radheshyam

My experience so far on Return of Reckoning

Post#1 » Tue May 10, 2022 2:38 pm

Return of Reckoning is an emulator/private server of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. It's an MMORPG that is purely about PvP, involving body blocking (tanks with shield walls, blocking keep/caslte doors and feeling the heat of the frontline), Tank/DPS/Heal roles, lots of AoE, siege weapons, door ramming, oil to pour on your enemies, etc.

Do you like PvP? It's for you.

II. Starting zones:
Starting zones, and the general leveling of 1-16 is a bit rough. There are 4 tiers:
Tier 1: Level 1 - 15
Tier 2/3: Level 16-39
Tier 4: Level 40

Why is it a bit rough? Less spells, lots of new players who might have not an idea of what they should do (like me, when I started) and since most people get pass Tier 1 in two or three days, the population for fresh levels is low. But all of this hassle will be done in 2 days, at least for me, a casual player.

Starting zones have PvE quests, PvP quests and Public Quests that numerous people can do at once. Public Quests can be either PvE or PvP. And yes, you can start PvPing and fighting the other faction since level 1.

III. Levels, and leveling:
The leveling process, in my opinion, is pretty easy. You can start doing everything once you hit level 40 (explained below). Gear will still put the better wearers in strongest positions, but it's not a huge issue as you can get competent/decent gear in a few weeks. That's way faster than other MMORPG games nowadays who make you sink in thousands of hours to stand a chance.

Levels are referred to as:
- PvP Level = Renown Rank (max rank is 80)
- PvE Level = Career Rank (max rank is 40)

Once you hit career rank 40 and renown rank 40, everything opens up for you. Every feature in the game. Career rank is the least important and renown rank is THE important rank/level since gear requirements is based on it.

V. Server activity:
I'd like to talk here about the player/community activity and the Return of Reckoning Team's activity:

Player & Community:
It's really, really active. More than you'd expect, but of course in prime time. That being said, most of the community is known to be older than other MMORPGS. So you have people constantly busy with their kids, or at work, or doing some other adult duties.

Ads
Lion1986

Re: My experience so far on Return of Reckoning

Post#2 » Tue May 10, 2022 2:54 pm

radheshyam wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:38 pm Once you hit career rank 40 and renown rank 40, everything opens up for you. Every feature in the game. Career rank is the least important and renown rank is THE important rank/level since gear requirements is based on it.
false. to wear end gear or high level gear you must be career rank 40 aswell. For example if ure 35 and RR70 (max for that rank) you cannot wear conqueror gear.

Sulorie

Post#3 » Tue May 10, 2022 10:59 pm

Lion1986 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:54 pm
radheshyam wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:38 pm Once you hit career rank 40 and renown rank 40, everything opens up for you. Every feature in the game. Career rank is the least important and renown rank is THE important rank/level since gear requirements is based on it.
false. to wear end gear or high level gear you must be career rank 40 aswell. For example if ure 35 and RR70 (max for that rank) you cannot wear conqueror gear.
This is true but you can still earn the endgame gear items or, when you still miss the unlock, the required crests without being r40.
Dying is no option.

Xergon

Post#4 » Wed May 11, 2022 9:18 am

radheshyam wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:38 pm Return of Reckoning is an emulator/private server of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. It's an MMORPG that is purely about PvP, involving body blocking (tanks with shield walls, blocking keep/caslte doors and feeling the heat of the frontline), Tank/DPS/Heal roles, lots of AoE, siege weapons, door ramming, oil to pour on your enemies, etc.

Do you like PvP? It's for you.

II. Starting zones:
Starting zones, and the general leveling of 1-16 is a bit rough. There are 4 tiers:
Tier 1: Level 1 - 15
Tier 2/3: Level 16-39
Tier 4: Level 40

Why is it a bit rough? Less spells, lots of new players who might have not an idea of what they should do (like me, when I started) and since most people get pass Tier 1 in two or three days, the population for fresh levels is low. But all of this hassle will be done in 2 days, at least for me, a casual player.

Starting zones have PvE quests, PvP quests and Public Quests that numerous people can do at once. Public Quests can be either PvE or PvP. And yes, you can start PvPing and fighting the other faction since level 1.

III. Levels, and leveling:
The leveling process, in my opinion, is pretty easy. You can start doing everything once you hit level 40 (explained below). Gear will still put the better wearers in strongest positions, but it's not a huge issue as you can get competent/decent gear in a few weeks. That's way faster than other MMORPG games nowadays who make you sink in thousands of hours to stand a chance.

Levels are referred to as:
- PvP Level = Renown Rank (max rank is 80)
- PvE Level = Career Rank (max rank is 40)

Once you hit career rank 40 and renown rank 40, everything opens up for you. Every feature in the game. Career rank is the least important and renown rank is THE important rank/level since gear requirements is based on it.

V. Server activity:
I'd like to talk here about the player/community activity and the Return of Reckoning Team's activity:

Player & Community:
It's really, really active. More than you'd expect, but of course in prime time. That being said, most of the community is known to be older than other MMORPGS. So you have people constantly busy with their kids, or at work, or doing some other adult duties.
I think your post is missing paragraph 1 and 4 or I am blind.
Not quite sure what kinda activities you talking about, could please explain or provide some example?

What's rally happening in t4 in so called endgame is this:

A) u are SOLO player u do ur own stuff, roam, gank, SC... and so on, u can do that and u can do w.e u want but u might soon get annoyed that there is no 1v1 balance in this game (and probably will never be), u might get annoyed when getting overrun by more ppl (that's nature of open rvr)

B) u are SMALL scale guy, u either join or form 6/12 that does form on discord, u try to work our team coordination and synergies to the best of ur abilities, u may fail against zergs but most of the time u should be able to score many kills or even make some impact on the flanks of the big fights...

C) u are PUG WB player, u join random open warbands from L or /5, if these are not organized or not ran through discord it can be hard to get effects but it's the easiest way to get into any RvR action and all depends on leader of that warband, and u can always leave if u don't like it

D) u are GUILD/ALLIANCE WB player, u are part of some guild/alliance discords and when they form u join in, usually those groups most of the time contains same ppl, most of who plays for big pop fights if enemy will give it, sometimes they do care about campaign/zone progress sometimes they don't, but those groups offers most efficient gameplay of all

oh i forgot about last type:
E) u are 6MAN PREMADE group, that does mostly 6v6 content, its most hardcore of all type of contents, it puts high pressure on each member of the group to perform if u want to success, sadly not many ppl are ready for commitment and effort thats needed to be put in, but there is couple groups that still tries to keep it alive somewhat
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube