Recent Topics

Ads

Scheduled Cities

Let's talk about... everything else
Willard78

Scheduled Cities

Post#1 » Mon May 09, 2022 1:56 am

Starting off, I'd just like to throw out there that the devs are doing a great job working this game and I will never stop appreciating the fact that they put this work into a game that is still FREE TO PLAY. Unfortunately not all the changes make sense. Hear me out:

There are two time zones: EU and NA.
When you schedule a time for City/LOTD it does not work for both time zones. It works for one or the other. This is going to leave one of your player bases bitter about bad scheduling.
In a game that's geared towards never ending PvP you have successfully eliminated the ability for each individual time zone to push end game content on their own schedule.

While I'm sure there were many complaints about cities happening too often, not having enough rewards and being one sided, it seems as though there is less and less of a reason to orvr these days. Do we even actually push a city anymore? Destro pride, order pride, it doesn't matter. Cool, we have one zone locked and just took another...oh wait, lets restart that zone again now. There has to be a better way.

Side note: Maybe adding city siege for Karaz-a-Karak and K8P would refresh the player base

Ads
Shogun4138

Re: Scheduled Cities

Post#2 » Mon May 09, 2022 4:02 am

Scheduled cities and a schedule lotd removes fluidity of the game. No reason to try to get city or lotd.

Getting two zones should open city. Lock a third zone should open lotd. At least something like that.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

facundo7777

Post#3 » Mon May 09, 2022 4:06 am

For me scheduled cities isnt good change but lets wait a little more and let the devs get more feedback.

Dwarf and orc city would be amazing

Kpi

Post#4 » Mon May 09, 2022 9:24 am

Scheduled city's is the worst think in game since NB ban.

Since this was released, more than 2 months ago, I only play 2 city sieges (I queued 4, but 2 times this didn't pop) I think the only way to fix this is move back to old campaign system, or decrease the time for city sieges from 2 days to 1 day for increase de chance to join
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

drbaker

Post#5 » Mon May 09, 2022 9:59 am

Yep i agree with kpi. We need to have more cities if some are going to be scheduled outside peak times. The siege last night only had 3 instances. Stayed up late last night and didn't get in and now got to wait 3 more days for another chance which i also might not get in for.

Haojin

Post#6 » Mon May 09, 2022 10:05 am

original design of rvr is based on layered structure which you need to unlock certain milestones to progress. current "city going to happen anyway" thingie made that hierarchy pointless. realm vs realm is all about winning/defending warfront to reach/cockblock city siege (aka realmpride).

also note that unified currency didn't help the progress either; why would you bother organizing and push campaign to reach end-game gear while you can do random stuff and farm crests ? no motivation = no player. (7 instances in eu prime time doesnt look good.)
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Kpi

Post#7 » Mon May 09, 2022 10:15 am

Haojin wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:05 am also note that unified currency didn't help the progress either; why would you bother organizing and push campaign to reach end-game gear while you can do random stuff and farm crests ? no motivation = no player. (7 instances in eu prime time doesnt look good.)
This part is very important.

From my guild, usually in Sunday we have 2 months ago 16-20 players online, and since the patch was release the ammount of players was decreasing. Yesterday we was only 5... There are not any motivation to play RVR now and veterans stop to play :|
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Whyumadbro

Post#8 » Mon May 09, 2022 10:50 am

I think the scheduled system with the fort points is good. Overall more people are playing this game now, from 850 to 1000 players is a good number. But there should be a way to force city or LotD still with scheduled citys. Forcing a city should be possible as organizing for a scheduled one to.

Devs keep the good work up, despite the complaining the game is in its best state - just a fix for offspeccs and then the game is perfect

Ads
havartii

Post#9 » Mon May 09, 2022 10:37 pm

Players get so triggered when the smallest change is made, I like to see the Devs try new things and mix it up a little. It helps the game from getting stale. I do think they should keep adjusting as I don't think it's quite right yet. I have 1 suggestion. Would it be possible to see how many people have que'd per faction? I and many others are missing cities and they don't happen that often. I would gladly play opposite faction if I knew I was going to get in. I know this is not a fix for everyone, and some people only play one side but many have toons on both sides. Also I don't know if pugs vs 24 man premades has been addressed either? If your going in with 24 you should face other 24's and if there is not another 24 they should not automatically take priority and get to stomp pugs :lol:
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

sharpblader

Post#10 » Tue May 10, 2022 12:04 am

Scheduled cities seem to be a step in the right direction as earlier, cities were a huge roadblock for the relatively casual player. Also, there were times when cities would not happen during prime time at all as the fights were equally matched and you had realms box running till 5 star keeps to lock a zone.

It comes with a strong thematic loss potentially breaking the immersive experience of WAR but it makes the overall functional experience less grindy and more inclusive for players in all time zones. Basically giving everyone a chance to enjoy the endgame content and reap it's rewards.