Recent Topics

Ads

Scheduled Cities

Let's talk about... everything else
havartii

Re: Scheduled Cities

Post#11 » Tue May 10, 2022 3:03 am

How it is inclusive if priority goes to try hard guilds only accepting rr80"s to pug stomp?? I think there is a big difference in peoples mentalities when it comes to city. Some are thinking this is endgame and bring your best and we fight the best...but what usually happens is one side gets best while other is not. And there is most casuals like myself that do it because it's content that gets good rewards. But my guild can only get 6 and maybe my alliance can do 12.. yet we miss city all the time. Inclusive??
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
sharpblader

Post#12 » Tue May 10, 2022 3:57 am

havartii wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:03 am How it is inclusive if priority goes to try hard guilds only accepting rr80"s to pug stomp?? I think there is a big difference in peoples mentalities when it comes to city. Some are thinking this is endgame and bring your best and we fight the best...but what usually happens is one side gets best while other is not. And there is most casuals like myself that do it because it's content that gets good rewards. But my guild can only get 6 and maybe my alliance can do 12.. yet we miss city all the time. Inclusive??
Yes inclusive because it is pre determined when it's going to happen and not when one side is zerg pushing forts. It is public information when it is going to happen so anyone can plan to attend it or skip if they cant.

What actually happens in the city or that you and your guild only being able to field 6-12 is a completely different issue. The underlying problem being that since it's no longer mandatory content many players choose not to que for it. The devs tried to address this issue by boosting the rewards.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#13 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:58 am

biggest issue with cities right now, is that there's big chance you don't get in when you queue for city. since patch i only done 2 cities, i had like 2 or 3 failed queues. so there's at least 50% chance i won't get in based on my limited experience.

IMO, only way to fix this would be to rank guilds or alliances somehow, so best guilds/alliances on both sides get matched against each other.

Sulorie

Post#14 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:01 am

Main problem for city pops is one side doing rvr without opposition instead of joining city queue. The result is that many people don't find instances during prime time.
Dying is no option.

Xerbolak

Post#15 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:02 am

In my opinion it seems like right now we have 2 solutions for the same problem which kind of counter each other.

With the old siege and zone lock system to get to city, end game content (as in sov gear) was locked behind a campaign, that needed coordinated effort of a large player base to progress to a city instance.
With balanced realms, as stated above, it could often develop into a stalemate which led to city sieges not happening. On a server with that small player base like ours, many people couldnt progress to end game, or at least not at a pace thats acceptable for them. That was fixed with the scheduled city, as anyone could plan for a siege of there liking without any prerequisite other than time.

At the same time, the introduction of a unified currency made that change obsolete imho. Now you can access end game gear without ever stepping into a city siege. The argument, that city siges should be available for everyone isnt valid anymore, as they are not necessary to progress anymore. In my mind this is shown in the decreasing number of participants at the scheduled times, even if they are at peak times.

Long Story short: I think we should go back to the regular campaign progress, maybe with a few tweaks for those who dont like the game mode. Maybe leave T2/T3 zones open or sth. like that. City is still the fastest way to earn crests (if you are winning) so it should stay available for those that want it, but not block rvr content for those that dont.
The unified currency is one of the best decisions the dev team in my mind and should most definately stay. The way i see it we dont need scheduled cities anymore.

Lithenir

Post#16 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:50 am

To the "unified currency is all evil regarding city sieges"-guys.
Have you ever played RvR before the unified currency? Since months you could get royal crests in RvR bags and there was no need to do city before the unified currency. The unified curreny changed exactly nothing.

City is the most boring content ingame. 99% of the instances are stomping or getting stomped. I am pretty happy with the way city sieges are right now because I can ignore them and still do something else instead of waiting 40 minutes until t2 opens up.

Kpi

Post#17 » Tue May 10, 2022 1:44 pm

Lithenir wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:50 am To the "unified currency is all evil regarding city sieges"-guys.
Have you ever played RvR before the unified currency? Since months you could get royal crests in RvR bags and there was no need to do city before the unified currency. The unified curreny changed exactly nothing.

City is the most boring content ingame. 99% of the instances are stomping or getting stomped. I am pretty happy with the way city sieges are right now because I can ignore them and still do something else instead of waiting 40 minutes until t2 opens up.
Yes, i played before the royals gets drop in RVR bags. So, when u have full Sov/War is because u knew how to play. And it was harder and funny. Now everyone have full sov and only 10% of players know how to play
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Lithenir

Post#18 » Tue May 10, 2022 1:53 pm

Kpi wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:44 pm
Lithenir wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:50 am To the "unified currency is all evil regarding city sieges"-guys.

Yes, i played before the royals gets drop in RVR bags. So, when u have full Sov/War is because u knew how to play. And it was harder and funny. Now everyone have full sov and only 10% of players know how to play
That's where you're wrong. Full Sov and RR80+ was never an indicator for good players. Not on live and not on RoR

Ads
Kpi

Post#19 » Tue May 10, 2022 2:38 pm

Lithenir wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:53 pm
Kpi wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:44 pm

That's where you're wrong. Full Sov and RR80+ was never an indicator for good players. Not on live and not on RoR
Of course is not an indicator for good players. But now u can find tanks RR80 who don't switch guards, Healers RR80 who don't rez to players outside of WBs and DPS who don't know how to assist. Or full Sov players without any talisman...

Before the drops of royals in RVR, see a full sov/warlord player was strange and in 95% they can carry a sc/city.

Now a lot of players can reach full sov only zerging in RRr for the RVR week event, and can reach the full sov without any idea of they are doing.

All the patchs for easy gear only do the game boring, and i'm talking like a casual player who only can play 1-2 hours per day
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#20 » Tue May 10, 2022 4:32 pm

it's not easy gear for casuals either. it would be easy gear if people would have time for all this grinding :)

on live you would've gotten sov in city bags, i think that was the best way. maybe make sov/warlord not-buyable with crests and make it drop only in city/lotd