Recent Topics

Ads

Weapon appearance restrictions?

Let's talk about... everything else
GabrielJesse

Weapon appearance restrictions?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:31 pm

I know this topic has been mentioned many times before, but I think it deserves a bit of traction and a show of interest. I don't see a functional problem with there being no restrictions on weapon type appearance. It could add a great deal of fun to run around as a Zealot with an axe, or a Chosen with a staff...
Anyway, I would be very interested to see if there is a large scale interest in something like this, and if there is, seeing if we could push for some sort of response (or even figuring out if something like this is even possible with an addon client side, seeing as it doesn't matter what other people see your character holding)

drop a comment if this is something that interests you at all `\('_')/`

Ads
Grock

Re: Weapon appearance restrictions?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:31 pm

Definitely not interested in "Chosen with a staff" because classes should still respect the lore

But i dont see any reason to keep alt appearance restrictions on different weapon types when both are available to the class, like axes vs hammers for dwarfs/marauders or axes vs swords for orcs/chosen

p.s. also would love to see 2h marauders or dw white lions some day
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

space44

Post#3 » Sun May 01, 2022 1:43 am

Grock wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:31 pm Definitely not interested in "Chosen with a staff" because classes should still respect the lore

But i dont see any reason to keep alt appearance restrictions on different weapon types when both are available to the class, like axes vs hammers for dwarfs/marauders or axes vs swords for orcs/chosen

chosen with a mace. chosen with a pick. marauder with a sword. knight with a rapier. engi with a axe. slayer with spanners. Dok with knives. WEs with swords.
small appearance freedoms just to give you enough creativity for a unique RP character building foundation. stuff that wont break character animations or skeleton rigging just stuff that fits your character/race.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Sinisterror

Post#4 » Sun May 01, 2022 2:30 am

space44 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:43 am
Grock wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:31 pm Definitely not interested in "Chosen with a staff" because classes should still respect the lore

chosen with a mace. chosen with a pick. marauder with a sword. knight with a rapier. engi with a axe. slayer with spanners. Dok with knives. WEs with swords.
small appearance freedoms just to give you enough creativity for a unique RP character building foundation. stuff that wont break character animations or skeleton rigging just stuff that fits your character/race.
More appearances/Variables = Better. I found Bow for Choppa as wpn appearance and it had working animations to some extent at least, surprisingly good. Im quessing Orks can wield staff and have right animations as well. SM/BG could have that HUGE 1h(just make it 2h) Halbred that some DE/HE Npcs have. Too much amazing looking gear in this game to not utilize it better is a mistake imo=)

https://imgur.com/a/WZx8Mqe This was fixed within 1 week when i found it;(
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Scottx125

Post#5 » Sat May 07, 2022 7:26 pm

Sorry, no. I completely disagree with this. Classes should look respective to what their class is. A Kotbs should look like a Kotbs, not a Witch Hunter. Even in other MMO's you can't easily make a class look like another class. Being able to identify classes at a distance helps pick out targets. If the entire enemy team looks like they're in robes how the hell we gonna pick out robed classes? If you had the option to turn off the visuals of transmogs and have the original armour (which would all be classes based in apperance) then I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

space44

Post#6 » Sun May 08, 2022 12:13 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:26 pm Sorry, no. I completely disagree with this. Classes should look respective to what their class is. A Kotbs should look like a Kotbs, not a Witch Hunter. Even in other MMO's you can't easily make a class look like another class. Being able to identify classes at a distance helps pick out targets. If the entire enemy team looks like they're in robes how the hell we gonna pick out robed classes? If you had the option to turn off the visuals of transmogs and have the original armour (which would all be classes based in apperance) then I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.
pulling out the ol "i need to identify the class approaching me 600 feet away to be 100% sure what im up against" the mara mutation totally doesnt give it away the engis gun totally doesnt give it away the Kotbs shield and feather hat doesnt give it away the chosen literally all about them is their identity a half naked dark elf doesnt give it away a dark elf with a leather strapped dress doesnt give it away but certantly the swords they use which is 5% of a distant identifier. and you do have a option to turn off all transmog if your the type to bland up your game and visuals, its literally in server settings.

theres actual things that can be said then theres people being stubbornly oblivious of their own games settings options. ive yet to see a real counter thats not just a project team member putting the topic to a close.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sun May 08, 2022 12:22 am

Keep beating the dead horse, it won't move.
Dying is no option.

Omegus

Post#8 » Sun May 08, 2022 2:27 am

Would much rather weapon types get some unique characteristics than make the weapon type completely redundant.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Scottx125

Post#9 » Sun May 08, 2022 3:22 pm

space44 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:13 am pulling out the ol "i need to identify the class approaching me 600 feet away to be 100% sure what im up against" the mara mutation totally doesnt give it away the engis gun totally doesnt give it away the Kotbs shield and feather hat doesnt give it away the chosen literally all about them is their identity a half naked dark elf doesnt give it away a dark elf with a leather strapped dress doesnt give it away but certantly the swords they use which is 5% of a distant identifier. and you do have a option to turn off all transmog if your the type to bland up your game and visuals, its literally in server settings.

theres actual things that can be said then theres people being stubbornly oblivious of their own games settings options. ive yet to see a real counter thats not just a project team member putting the topic to a close.
Just because it's possible to implement doesn't mean it should be implemented. I don't play this game to win style competitions. I play for the PVP and the guild warband play. I'm also a lover of the lore and whilst I recognise some sacrifices need to be made here an there. This is an unnecessary one just to pander to a few people who want their class to look like another. OP asked people to drop a comment if it interests them. It interests me to the point where I don't want it in the game. I also believe this topic has been covered again and again and has been ignored/refused because there are other more important things the devs are working on. And there doesn't need to be a "real counter"(pfft), the devs word is final.

Also, that option only enables/disables enemy appearance. It does not apply for members of your own faction.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ashoris

Post#10 » Mon May 09, 2022 12:10 pm

space44 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:43 am knight with a rapier.
this was possible in the past ... and some Swords are still available for the WH for example.
I dont know why this is not allowed anymore. for PvE i still use my Rapier skinned Sword with the knight from time to time ! It looks dope and also makes sense ! the heavier the armor "the pointier the swords got"
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras