Recent Topics

Ads

Weapon appearance restrictions?

Let's talk about... everything else
Lion1986

Re: Weapon appearance restrictions?

Post#11 » Mon May 09, 2022 1:44 pm

Grock wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:31 pm Definitely not interested in "Chosen with a staff" because classes should still respect the lore
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ads
derKriebel

Post#12 » Mon May 09, 2022 2:03 pm

^^ give BW - sword or ward + shield pls ;) (like it was happenend @ the dwarfen city release)

Haojin

Post#13 » Mon May 09, 2022 6:28 pm

nothing wrong with stretching weapon appereance rules for class-only weapons. you have to use axe app for mara/choppa/slayer for example. too much cool looking weapon app wasted due to this pointless rule.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Goryak

Post#14 » Tue May 10, 2022 12:21 pm

The more variety, the better.
Also, are we pretending like we don't have the option to turn OFF enemies' appearance by just ticking a box in User Settings --> Server --> Show Enemy Appearance?

Either way, like it was said, sadly this is beating on a dead horse; this is the same team that went the extra mile to remove a one-handed MACE appearance for Chosen...
So gamebreaking....
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

space44

Post#15 » Tue May 10, 2022 9:43 pm

Goryak wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:21 pm The more variety, the better.
Also, are we pretending like we don't have the option to turn OFF enemies' appearance by just ticking a box in User Settings --> Server --> Show Enemy Appearance?

Either way, like it was said, sadly this is beating on a dead horse; this is the same team that went the extra mile to remove a one-handed MACE appearance for Chosen...
So gamebreaking....
chosen using a Mace? what blasphemy! I am very grateful they took the time to remove a Mace appearance from chosen, that could have been extremely detrimental to the integrity of the warhammer lore. Imagine chosen using Maces! pfsh NEVER!
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Scottx125

Post#16 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:07 pm

Goryak wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:21 pm The more variety, the better.
A common fallacy which is not always beneficial. The core of Warhammer Online was always to be respectful to the lore. And we're not ignoring the fact you can hide enemy gear, but if some sort of transmog system was implemented it would also have to allow people to hide allied gear. I'm against a transmog system that is not lore friendly.. However, I do support more variety in terms of class specific gear. As we currently have very few interesting appearances we can swap to.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

normanis

Post#17 » Thu May 12, 2022 7:00 am

maby add claws/fistweapon ingame for chosen as shield appearance. no stats just appearance item for cosplay.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sulorie

Post#18 » Thu May 12, 2022 7:01 am

The pool of nice armor pieces or weapons would be higher, if a lot items had a proper size instead of being way oversized or flat out hovering above your shoulders.
Dying is no option.

Ads
bw10

Post#19 » Thu May 12, 2022 9:03 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:22 pm
I also believe this topic has been covered again and again and has been ignored/refused because there are other more important things the devs are working on. And there doesn't need to be a "real counter"(pfft), the devs word is final.

Also, that option only enables/disables enemy appearance. It does not apply for members of your own faction.
important things such as profanity filter thats already in game? cities and quests nobody asked for? the abortion that is ranked? literally everything and anything but class/gear (invader being waste of bag slots for years) changes

Scottx125

Post#20 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:17 pm

bw10 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:03 am important things such as profanity filter thats already in game? cities and quests nobody asked for? the abortion that is ranked? literally everything and anything but class/gear (invader being waste of bag slots for years) changes
I'll agree the that ranked was pointless and a failed experiment. The profanity filter is meant to help game masters but I honestly think people should have thicker skin, you don't build resistance to hate speech or offensive things by locking people in glass houses. You just make the use of those words even more potent. In terms of cities and quests, no we didn't ask for them but they are important parts of the game. We've already heard that the devs intend a different cities scenario with the dwarf hold. Class and gear changes afaik are based on community feedback for the most part instead of sweeping changes. As much as I'd like there to be sweeping changes to balance it ain't going to happen. And in summary, it doesn't matter what you or I think is important, the devs decide.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.