Recent Topics

Ads

Roleplay help

Let's talk about... everything else
nongspits

Roleplay help

Post#1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:45 pm

Firstly Happy new year everyone, now to the question at hand which career(s) are the easiest to Roleplay as (from a borderline total newbie on the lore) and which career(s) are the the hardest and if anyone could break by race It would be better, I thank you all since now.

Ads
diegomess

Re: Roleplay help

Post#2 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:44 pm

Dont roleplay a slaneesh chosen for sure or you will get PERMA banned... freetypi
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Bavradai

Post#3 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:20 am

Ya can't go wrong with any Orc or Greenskin.

Albais

Post#4 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:56 pm

Tromm, lad! If you enjoy reducing the aforementioned urks and grobi to green pulp, consider becoming a thunderer (dwarf engineer)! Nothing more satisfying than watching them die in a hail of bullets ;)

If you're interested you can find more information about or regiment here and on our Discord.
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

Cyrylius

Post#5 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:47 pm

Well, you have 6 races, with varying rp difficulties. Greenskins are the easiest, can't really fail at playing one especially as a native speaker. If not getting a grasp on ork speech might be tricky, but then again, grammar mistakes are 'ead orky. Also a good RP guild to show you the ropes.
Second is probably chaos, assuming you roleplay khorne worshipper. Others require you to know the lore of a particular god, at least. Nurgle you'll be fine with just being obnoxiously fixated on various ails and illnesses and creepily jovial towards your environment, I've seen people do it pretty good and it's not hard. Tzeentch is probably the hardest, as is not clear on how to play tzeentch worshipper, Slaanesh is ok but the concept is probably the most abstract one so will need more reading than others. Generally all are pretty doable if you read the lore, the two latter ones are just a bit more demanding in terms of forming sentences, namely speaking mysteriously and/or with needless flair.
Dwarves are a bit harder, as while the roleplay itself is rather easy and you have a good guild for that you need to be lore savvy and probably learn some basic khazalid, as it's rather well documented and some terms are widely used by dawi rp-ers, as you might have seen in @lesti's post. But generally you so everything you could expect from typical dwarf and additionally hold your grudges against everyone who has ever slighted you till death and longer.
Empire is the fourth easy faction, because you have lots of material on typical class members in various books etc. Witch hunter you play as van hellsing wannabe, just against chaos and everything chaotic, and you praise Sigmar all the time. Warrior priest is same, but reverse order. BW you roleplay by getting angry at everyone around instantly and threatening to burn them for every possible reason. Kobs is different, cause you swap Sigmar for myrmydia whenever applicable, other than that roleplay a simp and you got it.
Playing either of elf races is hard or borderline impossible, cause you have to constantly roleplay arrogant prick with a superiority complex. Swordmaster especially means you are actively having philosophical musings about war, eternity or emotions as you do everything, in addition to poetical outbursts and constant melancholy. Archmage isn't much better, you are the same thing but swap poesy and philosophy for magic studies and elven superiority. Shadow warrior is about hating Druchii and only that, so it's easy but everyone will see you as an edge lord, which you might not like. And it's not very popular in addition to not being very fun for most. White lion is essentially a woodcutter, not a lot to roleplay except elven superiority, so I'd advise avoiding this one for acting purposes. Dark elves are all about hating high elves, but with extra additions: blackguard is just that, class revolves about hate and you should too. Also loathing of everyone, pride, eternal loyalty towards witch king and hate. Only elf class I've seen roleplayed actively and well, and my advice is if you can think of everyone except you as insufferable idiots, who are additionally weak but sometimes useful then go for it. WE you should roleplay as murder crazy psycho, DoK similar. Sorcerer same as blackguard, just more haughtiness less hate. Also betraying everyone around you on daily basis the moment they stop being useful. Generally playing elves is hard to do, roleplay takes someone constantly eloquent, capable of having absolutely no distance too himself and likely fast thinking, as you will be pretending to likely be smarter than you are irl. It's amusing to watch but really hard, and there are basically no communities that try it.
A bit of a finishing remark, most races have a pretty solid questlines (lore wise), getting through a few quests will usually give you a rough idea on how to play a particular class.
P.S. feel free to ask around about particular classes, there is some leeway in most cases and you can usually break the mold a bit. Questions will usually be answered.
P.P.S. not lesti, was pretty sure it was him. Write my name down in the diary or something.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Aethilmar

Post#6 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:52 am

Cyrylius wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:47 pm Only elf class I've seen roleplayed actively and well, and my advice is if you can think of everyone except you as insufferable idiots, who are additionally weak but sometimes useful then go for it.
I didn't know everyone in this game was roleplaying elves ...

zulnam

Post#7 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:17 am

Bear in mind RoR doesn't really have any common "tavern" roleplay or social RP events, like in, say, WoW.

Roleplaying in RoR is usually also attached to PvP: people running race/unit specific warbands. In that regards, you are limited to two options:

On order side, you have Bitterstone Thunderers (dwarf), who often run engineer brigades and like to find a good vantage point and barricade.

On destro, there's the Freebootaz (greenskin), that run more traditional warbands with whatever greenskins they can get; in the sense that they are mobile and move around.

Mixing RP with PvP also means the RP side is pretty light. It's fairly easy to roleplay both of these races in that context.

But if you want bottom-barrel easiest, then go greenskin. Besides saying "waagh" and talkin like youz a funny git, there's nothing else to it. They are meant to be brute savages with no thought. You are basically roleplaying a henchman.

There's no permanent faction lock so in time you should probably try both.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Cyrylius

Post#8 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:38 am

Not exactly, there are some people who do roleplay outside of guilds. It is hard and makes your game a bit more complicated, but I'm going to mention a bilbarian (or something similar) guy who was roleplaying Druchii noble as a blackguard (i think that was the intention) in oRvR, roleplay walking up to the walls of sieged keep and /saying things like "the weak-blooded kin of ours, how much it pains me that I can not grant you the painful death you deserve...yet".
It's very rare, but I'm pretty sure everyone liked the guy and I personally found him very entertaining to watch. You can also tailor your ThinkOutLoud add-on to be lore friendly (another example: chosen going "let me partake in your delightful suffering" when swapping guard, I'll let you guess who he role-played as), paint yourself accordingly and speak appropriately in region chat, and you will usually get some people to join you, even if not really to commit. Very few opportunities to roleplay most races in group however, outside of aforementioned rp guilds and chaos roleplay, as i feel like most destro players do like this faction the most. In general it's very hard to roleplay constantly in dynamic rvr fights, so barely anyone does roleplay in rvr outside of events, and even less do roleplay in pve.
P.S. I can't even see how would you make tavern event in ror, since we don't have the /chairsit emote anymore. Ror is really bare bones in certain aspects.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads