Recent Topics

Ads

Insane BW/Sorc Damage

Let's talk about... everything else
Arthem

Re: Insane BW/Sorc Damage

Post#21 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:16 pm

arialswg wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:54 pm Good afternoon

Has anyone else noticed insane BW/Sorc damage lately? It seems like they are practically insta killing people. I was just in an sc on my heal dok and I noticed that people were getting multiple applications of Ignite and Boiling Blood on them. It was impossible to keep them up. I don't know from the other side, what the sorcs are using as I don't tend to notice as much unless I'm on a healer, but my friend (who was playing a healer at the time) said it was Hand of Ruin.
Yeah lately I just been noticing Sorc and BW doing pretty nice burst. Is this being investigated?

Ads
arialswg

Post#22 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:45 pm

Arthem wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:16 pm
arialswg wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:54 pm Good afternoon

Has anyone else noticed insane BW/Sorc damage lately? It seems like they are practically insta killing people. I was just in an sc on my heal dok and I noticed that people were getting multiple applications of Ignite and Boiling Blood on them. It was impossible to keep them up. I don't know from the other side, what the sorcs are using as I don't tend to notice as much unless I'm on a healer, but my friend (who was playing a healer at the time) said it was Hand of Ruin.
Yeah lately I just been noticing Sorc and BW doing pretty nice burst. Is this being investigated?
I hope so. I was just in an sc and I am dying so fast to BWs on any toon I play. I remember a few weeks ago, I was in an sc and someone mentioned there was a bug with BWs in the latest patch but they didn't get specific as to what the bug was unfortunately. And then I had switched to Order for a while so of course, I didn't notice. I don't have any numbers to back this up yet, but if anyone is in an sc with BWs, try to pay attention to their damage and see if you think its gotten insane
Draeland - RR83 Dok
Draeoppa - RR81 Choppa
Draeguard - RR81 Blackguard
Draeman - RR80 Shaman
Draecho - RR73 Chosen
Draesun - RR81 Knight
Draeter - RR81 - Witch Hunter
Draewyr - RR80 Archmage
Draefire - RR73 Bright Wizard

Automation

Post#23 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:50 pm

Lately i punt, but target not fly away.
Is this being investigated please?
Aleso, i use knock down but target not on ground?
Why?
I read skill, but skill not work?
wtf
Aleso, i die and this overpowered class emote me.
I feel abuse.
Investigate please?

Sulorie

Post#24 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:50 pm

Automation wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:50 pm Lately i punt, but target not fly away.
Is this being investigated please?
Aleso, i use knock down but target not on ground?
Why?
I read skill, but skill not work?
wtf
Aleso, i die and this overpowered class emote me.
I feel abuse.
Investigate please?
either you record it or you make sure, that target hat 100% no immunity but even then, the devs need something to work with, more than just a few words.
Dying is no option.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#25 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:51 am

Omegus wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:56 pm
pvprangergod wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:12 pm No it doesn't get 2 boiling bloods on same target, if it did we would have alot of tears on the forums by now.
Well, we also discovered on Discord that Endless Pandemonium (Magus tactic) causes multiple stacks of Pandemonium...

(IIRC) That pandemonium effect was a bug fixed long time ago...

Edit: looks like its "unfixed" again...lmao

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/17518

Valarion

Post#26 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:28 pm

You will typically have a 2-3 dot warning before you get nuked. Learn to "see" these dots and cleanse them or interrupt/silence or break LOS by moving behind like something.

If you cant do that, then simply run like hell.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Rhinochild

Post#27 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:05 am

I was playing my sorc in Gates of Ekrund and I noticed 2 chillwind dots on my target and thought that there must be another sorc in the sc, but there wasn't. I didn't check the log to see if they were ticking twice.

I've also noticed some serious lag issues - abilities not firing or seeming to take a long time to get through the animation which throws off my rotation, and then sometimes abilities firing off in rapid succession (or at least their animations).

I wonder if these two things are related.
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc

amagawd

Post#28 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:08 pm

Although I am specced to -3% crit chance, somehow sorcs keep critting me for 1500+ casts and 500+ dots on my slayer.

Are they bypassing that somehow? It's the only class that crits me constantly. I'm not resist capped but still, would expect less crits from them.

I'm not saying i shouldn't receive critical dmg, but it's very weird the sorc is the only class that crits me this much. Even WE / Choppa crits me less.

I can pump to -10% i think with banner and liniment, any sorc wanna run some experiments?
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

Ads
Grobi00F

Post#29 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:16 pm

amagawd wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:08 pm Although I am specced to -3% crit chance, somehow sorcs keep critting me for 1500+ casts and 500+ dots on my slayer.

Are they bypassing that somehow? It's the only class that crits me constantly. I'm not resist capped but still, would expect less crits from them.

I'm not saying i shouldn't receive critical dmg, but it's very weird the sorc is the only class that crits me this much. Even WE / Choppa crits me less.

I can pump to -10% i think with banner and liniment, any sorc wanna run some experiments?
Sorc/BW Mechanic grants them at 100 Combustion/Dark Magic extra 35% crit chance and 100% Crit damage, pair that with the Onslaught Buff that increases crit chance by 9% and crit damage by 12% PLUS RR and Gear Crit chance you'll probably look at a crit chance of around 50-60% of a Sorc/BW.

tazdingo

Post#30 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:00 pm

Grobi00F wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:16 pm
amagawd wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:08 pm Although I am specced to -3% crit chance, somehow sorcs keep critting me for 1500+ casts and 500+ dots on my slayer.

Sorc/BW Mechanic grants them at 100 Combustion/Dark Magic extra 35% crit chance and 100% Crit damage, pair that with the Onslaught Buff that increases crit chance by 9% and crit damage by 12% PLUS RR and Gear Crit chance you'll probably look at a crit chance of around 50-60% of a Sorc/BW.
i've been wondering for a while whether investing too much into -crit is even worth it these days. whats the point of spending rr and setting up your gear to go from 15% to 0% chance to be crit when classes looking to crit are running around with those numbers? at best youre stopping people with very low crit chances from doing 20%~ more dmg to you but if theyre not investing in crits theyre probably doing diddly anyway