Recent Topics

Ads

Insane BW/Sorc Damage

Let's talk about... everything else
arialswg

Insane BW/Sorc Damage

Post#1 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:54 pm

Good afternoon

Has anyone else noticed insane BW/Sorc damage lately? It seems like they are practically insta killing people. I was just in an sc on my heal dok and I noticed that people were getting multiple applications of Ignite and Boiling Blood on them. It was impossible to keep them up. I don't know from the other side, what the sorcs are using as I don't tend to notice as much unless I'm on a healer, but my friend (who was playing a healer at the time) said it was Hand of Ruin.
Draeland - RR83 Dok
Draeoppa - RR81 Choppa
Draeguard - RR81 Blackguard
Draeman - RR80 Shaman
Draecho - RR73 Chosen
Draesun - RR81 Knight
Draeter - RR81 - Witch Hunter
Draewyr - RR80 Archmage
Draefire - RR73 Bright Wizard

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Insane BW/Sorc Damage

Post#2 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:33 pm

No but you could bring up some numbers, because there is little to discuss about.

Someone, who has low resists, isn't detaunting and has low wounds is very likely to die, if a sorc/bw pulls off their rotation and have all spells crit. This is normal and intended. People are supposed react appropriate to a sorc/bw attacking them.
Dying is no option.

Rydiak

Post#3 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:38 pm

Sorc/BW take an awfully long time to set up their big burst window, especially in the current meta of melee death balling. If their DoTs aren't being repeatedly cleansed and they have time to stack them then expect big damage. It's kind of their shtick. Big damage, big risk.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

areandar

Post#4 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:11 pm

big damage big risk meh not really anymore, current level of gears and rr points doesnt make a sorc/bw really a worthy class. just a self destroyer. also alot of their original tactics became obsolete and in reality its easy to cleanse and be done with the class entirely. atm any melee class pumps out more damage then the bw/sorc.

Kloaner

Post#5 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:36 pm

arialswg wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:54 pm Good afternoon

Has anyone else noticed insane BW/Sorc damage lately? It seems like they are practically insta killing people. I was just in an sc on my heal dok and I noticed that people were getting multiple applications of Ignite and Boiling Blood on them. It was impossible to keep them up. I don't know from the other side, what the sorcs are using as I don't tend to notice as much unless I'm on a healer, but my friend (who was playing a healer at the time) said it was Hand of Ruin.
never got nuked by a Magus? :cry: or by Festering Arrow?
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

arialswg

Post#6 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:04 pm

Rydiak wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:38 pm Sorc/BW take an awfully long time to set up their big burst window, especially in the current meta of melee death balling. If their DoTs aren't being repeatedly cleansed and they have time to stack them then expect big damage. It's kind of their shtick. Big damage, big risk.
Yes, I understand that they take a while to set up their burst window but neither Ignite nor Boiling Blood should stack and I'm seeing multiples of both on people through buffhead, unless buffhead is bugged which is possible. Even if I was clensing on cooldown, which I do on my dok, with efficient patching slotted, it will take me 20 seconds to clense all of that and they are down in 5 - 10. I simply can't heal through that much damage at once

I'm not saying that BWs and Sorcs shouldn't do big damage as a rule. The ones that know what they are doing can take people down really fast. But I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be seeing multiple applications of Ignite and Boiling Blood.
Draeland - RR83 Dok
Draeoppa - RR81 Choppa
Draeman - RR80 Shaman
Draecho - RR73 Chosen
Draesun - RR81 Knight
Draewyr - RR80 Archmage

Sulorie

Post#7 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:51 pm

Ofc you should see multiple times the same dot. The debuffs don't stack.

With the same logic you don't want to get hit by 2 WE with Agonizing Wounds 2 times at the same second?
Dying is no option.

arialswg

Post#8 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:54 am

Pretty sure in the sc I was talking about there was only 1 BW.....but yet multiple applications of both those dots. Perhaps I was mistaken, I'll have to test it out
Draeland - RR83 Dok
Draeoppa - RR81 Choppa
Draeman - RR80 Shaman
Draecho - RR73 Chosen
Draesun - RR81 Knight
Draewyr - RR80 Archmage

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:20 am

arialswg wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:54 am Pretty sure in the sc I was talking about there was only 1 BW.....but yet multiple applications of both those dots. Perhaps I was mistaken, I'll have to test it out
Simply record it, as it often goes too fast in a fight and check it afterwards.
There is software like Shadowplay to save e.g. the last 5 minutes or any timeframe you like and it costs almost no hardware ressources.
Dying is no option.

wonshot

Post#10 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:02 pm

the only thing i can think of, if all of the "inexperience" and no several BWs in the situation, are ruled out.
is that someone might have tried that aweful middletree tactic giving you a chance to reapply the middle tree dots when they get clensed and that seem to be the only way a BW can apply several versions of those dots.

Else im suppsoecting it being bugged buffhead, untill any screenshot are proving something fishy going on.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO