Recent Topics

Ads

Event scen is King of Hill again... and again...

Let's talk about... everything else
Martok

Re: Event scen is King of Hill again... and again...

Post#11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:41 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:31 pmCity scenarios are only active during city sieges.

Just to chime in on this particular point, despite mounts being disabled I actually like the City Scenarios. It wouldn't bother me if they were up more often (just in case you guys ever wish to consider it).

As for Temple of Isha, all scenarios are different in various manners. Outliers being outliers, adapt and overcome.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
meatcpu

Post#12 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:45 pm

Worth noting that if the mechanics hadn't changed on 2 SCs that were part of the event, there would have been less point capture based scenarios. The distribution of mechanics has been changed even if the rotation has not.

skylinx

Post#13 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:53 pm

just dont allow order rdps to join scenarios. the scenario game mode will then become exponentially more enjoyable for both factions

anarchypark

Post#14 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:41 pm

If back capture is allowed in this SC, you could distract zerg to break WC siege, pulling small force back to capture points. like orvr BO.
though it's pve and avoiding fight according to WC siege pugstompers.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Meliannia

Post#15 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:10 am

anarchypark wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:41 pm If back capture is allowed in this SC, you could distract zerg to break WC siege, pulling small force back to capture points. like orvr BO.
yep that was how it used to be with the current event scen and was infinitely more challenging, competitive, skillbased and enjoyable, yet it was changed (like so many others recently) to king of hill middle blob scen

even wargimnir not understanding the post saying i have 'aversion to king of hill scens', needs to re read post
for 38th time king of hill scen is not the issue it is king of hill scens being chosen as the weekend scen at a DISPROPORTIONATE rate, king of hill scens make up 25% of our scens, yet they are chosen for weekend event scen 50% of the time, that's the issue, not the scen type itself, its being chosen too much in relation to the other types.

Suggestion I have made before would be perfect fix, just rotate the TYPES not the scens on 4 weekly basis
week 1 King of hill eg tol amroc, mounkain temple, caledor woods
week 2 objective carry eg phoenix gate, stonetroll, talabac dam, serps passage
week 3 multiple base scen eg dragon bane, reik factory, altdorf war quarters, black crag keep
week 4 others eg highpass cemmy, khaine's embrace, gromgrill etc

Don't see any logical reason why this transparent, clear and fair solution cant be the way forward

anarchypark

Post#16 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:49 am

Meliannia wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:10 am
anarchypark wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:41 pm If back capture is allowed in this SC, you could distract zerg to break WC siege, pulling small force back to capture points. like orvr BO.
yep that was how it used to be with the current event scen and was infinitely more challenging, competitive, skillbased and enjoyable, yet it was changed (like so many others recently) to king of hill middle blob scen

even wargimnir not understanding the post saying i have 'aversion to king of hill scens', needs to re read post
for 38th time king of hill scen is not the issue it is king of hill scens being chosen as the weekend scen at a DISPROPORTIONATE rate, king of hill scens make up 25% of our scens, yet they are chosen for weekend event scen 50% of the time, that's the issue, not the scen type itself, its being chosen too much in relation to the other types.

Suggestion I have made before would be perfect fix, just rotate the TYPES not the scens on 4 weekly basis
week 1 King of hill eg tol amroc, mounkain temple, caledor woods
week 2 objective carry eg phoenix gate, stonetroll, talabac dam, serps passage
week 3 multiple base scen eg dragon bane, reik factory, altdorf war quarters, black crag keep
week 4 others eg highpass cemmy, khaine's embrace, gromgrill etc

Don't see any logical reason why this transparent, clear and fair solution cant be the way forward

though it was due to dwarf city event. for 1 month long only dwarf SC.
i didn't track which types dwarf SCs have. maybe not enough variations to rotate within rest of SC map?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

normanis

Post#17 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:05 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:42 pm The event scenarios are rotated. We had dwarf/greenskin scenarios for a long time due to the live events. So after that it has been mainly human or elf scenarios.

Here's stats if you want on how many times each scenario has been a weekend warfront and when they were a warfront last time.

seems some time codes is wrong cant be game is so old from 1899 year 30december. :)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sulorie

Post#18 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:04 pm

normanis wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:05 pm
dalen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:42 pm The event scenarios are rotated. We had dwarf/greenskin scenarios for a long time due to the live events. So after that it has been mainly human or elf scenarios.

Here's stats if you want on how many times each scenario has been a weekend warfront and when they were a warfront last time.

seems some time codes is wrong cant be game is so old from 1899 year 30december. :)
There is no data for those SC, hence the placeholder time stamp.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Martok

Post#19 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:11 pm

normanis wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:05 pmseems some time codes is wrong cant be game is so old from 1899 year 30december.

You were not part of the 1899 Beta? Come on man...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...