Recent Topics

Ads

How to win Scenarios

Let's talk about... everything else
Aethilmar

Re: How to win Scenarios

Post#31 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:18 pm

I think the intent of this post is good and it is always worth repeating this stuff to raise awareness for new players. That said, the OP should go amend his first post with updated information so newbies don't have to wade into the salty marsh of comments to find the corrections specifically:

1) You debuff/disable healers
2) punt tanks
3) murder dps
4) THEN turn on heals while they trying to rez
5) Tanks almost always die last (except maybe for known lol-dps tanks)

Ads
IIGuardianII

Post#32 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:59 pm

emiliorv wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:23 am
IIGuardianII wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:14 pm
emiliorv wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:08 am

BACKFIRED!! haha LMAO

Really love when ppl come to forum to "teach others" and gets backfired like this one....
Obviously you haven't read any of the replies I would read the whole post and the conversation and clarification that has occured even before you tried to be a smartass and failed XD and before you say something stupid again. So my reply to you is simply this,

"BACKFIRED!! haha LMAO

Really love when ppl come to forum to "teach others" and gets backfired like this one...."

Click here to watch on YouTube
Obviously your salt mine post has proven that you are the one who is infact salty I simply stated facts and added sarcasm to the end. Something you are incapable of doing. Obviously you have nothing to contribute to the discussion so I'll be ignoring your failed attempts at trolling moving forward.
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-GuardianBreakr-Iron Breaker
P-MadMac-Slayer
P-GuardianTinker-Engineer
P-MiLadyLavender-Rune Priest
GuardianLion-White Lion
GuardianHunter-Witch Hunter
GuardianMartyr-Warrior Priest

IIGuardianII

Post#33 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:04 pm

Ashoris wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:17 am
IIGuardianII wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:27 am
Ashoris wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:19 pm

just to save you :)

1) all healers have a 100% uptime detaunt they can use while also fullfiulling their primary role (healing)
2) a lot of heal classes have also an additional 2nd detaunt dmg income reduce !
3) all healers have pretty good survival morale they can perfeclty time on themself
4) nearly all healers are equipped full deff (and RR specced)
5) most healrs have slotted deff tactics of some sort
6) reaction time to save yourself as healer is normally shorter than react to other gettin damage.
7) healer normally have the safest position on the map

compare that to a typical dps
1) no 100% uptime detaunt - also you cant detaunt and hit the same target and have to go into survival mode (so no more focus on your primary role)
2) no 2nd detaunt button
3) at best 1 def morale
4) most of the time no equipment towards survival
5) mostly slotted offensive tactics
6) healer has to react on your dmg
7) if you hit healers you are in a dangerous zone ( safe zone for enemy dps but possibnly out of reach of your support).

especially if you talk about new players who dont have a feel for the flow of battle Healers are the worst target because they end up overxtended without ANY support and just die instantly.
Don't need saving but you do. I would recommend reading the entire/all post discussion before replying in the future this has already been addressed.
I read the whole discussion ... your 1st post still says that attacking healers is a good idea :(

But i feel you, PuG SC's can be very frustrating and trying to help is the right idea... but i would recommend to start with the basic things instead of difficult questions like target finding (see my 2 year old topic "How to improve the chance of winning PuG SC's viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33195 )
btw Sulorie posted a nice answer regarding target finding in that topic.
Again if your read all the post than the answer and clarification that you mentioned has been addresses, "...this is for low tiers and low skill cap" "...there is high tiers and higher skills levels where this is not optimal/good/meta..."

But again all we are doing is repeating conversations that have already been had. I'm all for more discussion just talk about something that hasn't been addressed.
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-MadMac-Slayer
GuardianLion-White Lion

IIGuardianII

Post#34 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:07 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:18 pm I think the intent of this post is good and it is always worth repeating this stuff to raise awareness for new players. That said, the OP should go amend his first post with updated information so newbies don't have to wade into the salty marsh of comments to find the corrections specifically:

1) You debuff/disable healers
2) punt tanks
3) murder dps
4) THEN turn on heals while they trying to rez
5) Tanks almost always die last (except maybe for known lol-dps tanks)
I agree I should have clarified more in the original post alot of which we have clarified thru discussion. Thanks for reply.
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-MadMac-Slayer
GuardianLion-White Lion

Sulorie

Post#35 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:12 pm

IIGuardianII wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:04 pm
Again if your read all the post than the answer and clarification that you mentioned has been addresses, "...this is for low tiers and low skill cap" "...there is high tiers and higher skills levels where this is not optimal/good/meta..."
This is confusing, there are no good targets for pug or premade play, in both cases the targets are the same.
Especially in lower tiers you should learn the right things, or you keep picking the wrong targets in t4, because you learned nothing else.

People think healer first is good, because in t1, with limited healdebuffs, healers tend to be quite strong, if you ignore them.
The true reason is, healers are only strong, because people hitting different targets and therefore having too little pressure to overcome the heals.
To help them, tell them to assist.
Teaching them on a bigger scale wrong target practice, because it's "low tier", is no good solution overall.
Dying is no option.

Martok

Post#36 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:25 pm

IIGuardianII wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:08 pmJust wanted to vent... and also give some advice.

Hmmm...this reminds me of something...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Satirico

Post#37 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:30 pm

You forgot the most important:
- Use your BRAIN!

Namastê.

havartii

Post#38 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:50 pm

Just run 2 slayers.. it's just that ez.. get gud
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
IIGuardianII

Post#39 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:04 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:12 pm
IIGuardianII wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:04 pm
This is confusing, there are no good targets for pug or premade play, in both cases the targets are the same.
Especially in lower tiers you should learn the right things, or you keep picking the wrong targets in t4, because you learned nothing else.

People think healer first is good, because in t1, with limited healdebuffs, healers tend to be quite strong, if you ignore them.
The true reason is, healers are only strong, because people hitting different targets and therefore having too little pressure to overcome the heals.
To help them, tell them to assist.
Teaching them on a bigger scale wrong target practice, because it's "low tier", is no good solution overall.

You know what and that's a valid point! Just because something works at a certain tier or skill level doesn't mean it should be taught as "doctrine".
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-MadMac-Slayer
GuardianLion-White Lion

mynban

Post#40 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:45 am

I see the good intention behind the thread, but I think it is VEEEERY misleading for a new player. I remember my early times in WAR starting as WH (because they look **** sick!), and having had the kind of MMO experience I already had, I was already going for healers.... And it took me a while before I realized that was the biggest mistake I could have done. Unlike other MMOs healers can heal indefinitely with no downtime. A single DPS can not kill a single healer when healer plays defensively keeping detaunt up 100% of time. Add in guard into the mix now you have an impossible situation.

Real answer to 'whom to target' is real simple; just target your main assist. It really is that simple. Few exceptions are;
- being a WH/WE/WL and getting a jump on BW/sorc.
- enemy tank getting too low from guard damage
- a newly ressed enemy near you

I can hardly think of any other situation not assisting main assist will result better. It goes without saying this is for DPSing, not for cc/debuff.

I hope no newbies will fall into silly mistake of chasing backline healers, straying away from rest of their group; in the hopes of killing a healer they wouldnt be able to kill in 1v1 anyway.