Recent Topics

Ads

How to win Scenarios

Let's talk about... everything else
IIGuardianII

Re: How to win Scenarios

Post#21 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:17 pm

Cqengi wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:14 am More often than not this strategy does not work, especially this game. Those who know, know. Not interested in schooling anyone it's just facts.
You haven't stated any facts other than your opinion with no substantial argument to back up your claims also you should maybe read all the posts before making a reply.
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-GuardianBreakr-Iron Breaker
P-MadMac-Slayer
P-GuardianTinker-Engineer
P-MiLadyLavender-Rune Priest
GuardianLion-White Lion
GuardianHunter-Witch Hunter
GuardianMartyr-Warrior Priest

Ads
IIGuardianII

Post#22 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:22 pm

sharpblader wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:03 am
IIGuardianII wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:12 pm
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:47 pm

This is just horrible advice on every level.
So you provided a statement but no justification behind it. Don't make an argument without justification. I could simply reply with, "You're wrong on every level" but that does nothing to facilitate conversation.

I have NEVER seen this NOT work in this game or any other MMO. There are different scenarios when you get to high level of game play and skill but in general this works all the time, every time. When healers have 6+ players DPSing them and CCing (Interrupts and stuns) them there is NO amount of skill that will save them.

I wouldn't say that this is horrible advice, but it is misleading.

While what you say works in Pug vs Pug scenarios, in any form of organized play, the right strategy to apply is not always so simple. Additionally, promoting such strategies can be detrimental for newer players because the learning curve becomes steeper once they transition to organized gameplay.

Lets not talk about other MMOs because RoR has a PvP system which has unique meta influencing elements (examples - guard, morales, detaunts, etc.). In fact, this is the one of the few games where in a 3v3, with a tank, healer and dps on each team, a fight can go on indefinitely. Which, if you come to think of it, is the basic balance that defines the game.
And actually you bring up a very good point which I mentioned in other responses for clarification this is obviously over simplified and more geared to low tiers and low skill levels and pugs. And I also clarified that this is a generality BUT in high skills of gameplay with organized groups this won't work. I'm simply talking about pug matches and low tier and lower skill cap matches. Which I could have been more clear on.
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-MadMac-Slayer
GuardianLion-White Lion

IIGuardianII

Post#23 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:26 pm

Rapzel wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:58 am Been on the server for 5 years according registration date, haven't figured out target prio. No wonder we needed destro and order merged in ranked.
So are you just providing an ad hominem and not an actual argument to facilitate discussion. Thanks for nothing.
Last edited by IIGuardianII on Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-MadMac-Slayer
GuardianLion-White Lion

IIGuardianII

Post#24 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:27 pm

skylinx wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:54 am gotta remember too that scenarios are where you get a 'balanced' fight and some ppl like to test their skills out rather then worrying about objectives. Also, like sum1 joked, try and give ranked a go with your advice. speaking of, wouldnt it be great to apply the ranked mixed balance pop rule to ALL scenario formats
I would recommend reading all the posts before replying.
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-MadMac-Slayer
GuardianLion-White Lion

Everdin

Post#25 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:58 pm

#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ashoris

Post#26 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:19 pm

IIGuardianII wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:08 pm - Focus healers (... don't HIT ANYTHING ELSE UNLESS ALL ENEMY HEALERS ARE DEAD FIRST!)

So you provided a statement but no justification behind it. Don't make an argument without justification. I could simply reply with, "You're wrong on every level" but that does nothing to facilitate conversation.

I have NEVER seen this NOT work in this game or any other MMO. There are different scenarios when you get to high level of game play and skill but in general this works all the time, every time. When healers have 6+ players DPSing them and CCing (Interrupts and stuns) them there is NO amount of skill that will save them.

just to save you :)

1) all healers have a 100% uptime detaunt they can use while also fullfiulling their primary role (healing)
2) a lot of heal classes have also an additional 2nd detaunt dmg income reduce !
3) all healers have pretty good survival morale they can perfeclty time on themself
4) nearly all healers are equipped full deff (and RR specced)
5) most healrs have slotted deff tactics of some sort
6) reaction time to save yourself as healer is normally shorter than react to other gettin damage.
7) healer normally have the safest position on the map

compare that to a typical dps
1) no 100% uptime detaunt - also you cant detaunt and hit the same target and have to go into survival mode (so no more focus on your primary role)
2) no 2nd detaunt button
3) at best 1 def morale
4) most of the time no equipment towards survival
5) mostly slotted offensive tactics
6) healer has to react on your dmg
7) if you hit healers you are in a dangerous zone ( safe zone for enemy dps but possibnly out of reach of your support).

especially if you talk about new players who dont have a feel for the flow of battle Healers are the worst target because they end up overxtended without ANY support and just die instantly.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

IIGuardianII

Post#27 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:27 am

Ashoris wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:19 pm

1) all healers have a 100% uptime detaunt they can use while also fullfiulling their primary role (healing)
2) a lot of heal classes have also an additional 2nd detaunt dmg income reduce !
3) all healers have pretty good survival morale they can perfeclty time on themself
6) reaction time to save yourself as healer is normally shorter than react to other gettin damage.

1) no 100% uptime detaunt - also you cant detaunt and hit the same target and have to go into survival mode (so no more focus on your primary role)
2) no 2nd detaunt button
3) at best 1 def morale
7) if you hit healers you are in a dangerous zone ( safe zone for enemy dps but possibnly out of reach of your support).

especially if you talk about new players who dont have a feel for the flow of battle Healers are the worst target because they end up overxtended without ANY support and just die instantly.
Don't need saving but you do. I would recommend reading the entire/all post discussion before replying in the future this has already been addressed.
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-MadMac-Slayer
GuardianLion-White Lion

Sulorie

Post#28 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:34 am

So basically the topic is done?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Ashoris

Post#29 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:17 am

IIGuardianII wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:27 am
Ashoris wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:19 pm

2) no 2nd detaunt button
3) at best 1 def morale

Don't need saving but you do. I would recommend reading the entire/all post discussion before replying in the future this has already been addressed.
I read the whole discussion ... your 1st post still says that attacking healers is a good idea :(

But i feel you, PuG SC's can be very frustrating and trying to help is the right idea... but i would recommend to start with the basic things instead of difficult questions like target finding (see my 2 year old topic "How to improve the chance of winning PuG SC's viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33195 )
btw Sulorie posted a nice answer regarding target finding in that topic.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#30 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:23 am

IIGuardianII wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:14 pm
emiliorv wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:08 am

BACKFIRED!! haha LMAO

Really love when ppl come to forum to "teach others" and gets backfired like this one....
Obviously you haven't read any of the replies I would read the whole post and the conversation and clarification that has occured even before you tried to be a smartass and failed XD and before you say something stupid again. So my reply to you is simply this,

"BACKFIRED!! haha LMAO

Really love when ppl come to forum to "teach others" and gets backfired like this one...."

Click here to watch on YouTube