Recent Topics

Ads

Restart or not…

Let's talk about... everything else
Whitelights

Restart or not…

Post#1 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:31 pm

Hey … I played warhammer online when it was on official servers;;;
I would like to start playing again but was wondering, is there action on low level? Scenarios, battlefields pvp etcetc or is it grind quests and mobs to 40 before you get action?
Regards White.

Ads
BeautfulToad

Re: Restart or not…

Post#2 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:36 pm

SCs in t1 is okay, rvr needs fixed a little for T1s so people are encouraged into the zones, but once you hit level 16 you are in with the bigboys.

Whitelights

Post#3 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:48 pm

Hmmm so from 16 it’s a pain to 40? Or still enjoyable?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:52 pm

Whitelights wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:48 pm Hmmm so from 16 it’s a pain to 40? Or still enjoyable?
With bolster mechanics you can do a lot of RvR while leveling to 40 if you have some guild support. If you're planning on playing through solo, it'll be fairly difficult.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Wraithedge

Post#5 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:13 pm

Whitelights wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:48 pm Hmmm so from 16 it’s a pain to 40? Or still enjoyable?
Compared to the face-in-glass drag that is getting to 16, the rest of the game is not bad at all. I think the siege and city game is the strongest part of the experience.

Groups are running lots of the time. It easy to get into the action. The conflicts can be exciting and intense as well as overall fun. There are very few downsides to getting into the keep race and getting gear and new looks is always fun.

You can learn a lot about how to excel at the game just by running with people who know a little about what they are doing. Even getting jumped and pounded can show you how to navigate areas in new and clever ways.

SC’s are a bit problematic and can really test your resolve (and not in a good way) but the oRvR experience is great and keeps people coming back for more.

ExcretusMaximus

Post#6 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:40 pm

Wraithedge wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:13 pm Compared to the face-in-glass drag that is getting to 16

It takes 3 hours, tops.

Go to a locked RvR lake, get the scout quests, run them ad nauseum to 16, then go RvR naked for ten games and you'll have the RR / Emblems you need for gear.
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

BeautfulToad

Post#7 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:08 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:52 pm
With bolster mechanics you can do a lot of RvR while leveling to 40 if you have some guild support. If you're planning on playing through solo, it'll be fairly difficult.
^ Basically this

It depends on the class. Healers and tanks can pretty much join pugs and compete from 16 with bolster, some dps struggle though without the assistance the GM suggests, especially glass cannons.

Wraithedge

Post#8 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:16 am

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:40 pm
Wraithedge wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:13 pm Compared to the face-in-glass drag that is getting to 16

It takes 3 hours, tops.

Go to a locked RvR lake, get the scout quests, run them ad nauseum to 16, then go RvR naked for ten games and you'll have the RR / Emblems you need for gear.
I am afraid my experience is markedly different from yours. I do the ridiculous scout circle but also throw in some PVE quests and scenarios. I'm three days into this Chosen and still counting.

Level 14 though, so it should only be a few more days. The worst part is just getting up the will to go do it, again and agian and again. Eyyuchhh. But I'll be able to play the game eventually.

Ads
Morradin

Post#9 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:14 am

Solo is hard, but not so bad.
From 16 to 40, the best way to level up is scenarios. And actually, the mid tier scenario scene is best in the game. I always have a toon available to do them once in a while. Scenarios give you off spec gear, (DPS for healers and tanks, tanky for mdps and rdps)
To the scenarios join in on running some supplies with a PUG (pick up group) for an hour or two a day. Help take or defend a few zones. This is so you can get your class archetype gear. (healing gear for healers, dps gear for mdps, etc.)

My biggest mistake has been not doing dungeons. if you get a chance to run them do it, and get the gear unlocks.

Plenty of guilds around. From overly organized compulsory wb/6man participation, down to me practically dead (but still rank 40 :) ) guild, that offers all the guild benefits without any requirements.
Note on guilds; Not all guilds allow xrealming. So if you plan on playing both realms, and do so for weeks at a time, ask first.

Enjoy WAR

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#10 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:50 pm

I tend to run Warbands nightly, and I've had a few new friends I've made in-game join in from 16+ when levelling alts on my own, and they've not only had a blast, but they're levelling consistently without much issue. Feel free to join us when you're ready. I didn't RvR until I hit 40 in the questing game.....but I love Warhammer and the Lore from the table to games, so I didn't mind it. 4 days for me.
Make sure your Renown Rank is at the very least the same as your level and you'll do fine. Generally though, you should have a higher Renown Rank than your level, so when you DO hit 40, you won't be dragging through the early RR levels, which can be a little frustrating.

Overall though......Good luck and HAVE FUN.....
See you on the field!

WAAAGH!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996