Recent Topics

Ads

Max level, now what?

Let's talk about... everything else
jjrocker1999

Max level, now what?

Post#1 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:33 pm

Hello I'm a new player and just hit rank 40 on my first character (WL), Im Renown Rank 50. I was wondering what are the "steps" to gearing up and progressing further or is there a guide somewhere that I missed that already covers this?

Ads
Vri

Re: Max level, now what?

Post#2 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:47 pm

Reach RR 85 for transmog, if you wish, play around with new builds for your WL, learn how to lead Warbands, Rank play, Weekly events, PVE content for completion of Tome, Master your White Lion... This list could go on.

Morradin

Post#3 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:55 pm

KIll other players. Take their keeps, loot and burn their villages, deny them resources by taking the battlefield objectives.
Collect medallions, get gear, kill more people ...

rinse and repeat.

Husti

Post#4 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:14 pm

jjrocker1999 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:33 pm Hello I'm a new player and just hit rank 40 on my first character (WL), Im Renown Rank 50. I was wondering what are the "steps" to gearing up and progressing further or is there a guide somewhere that I missed that already covers this?
- check the medallions and emblems merchants in your city to see if you can gear up there.
- make sure you put talis in your empty armor slots. Either buy them in auction house or start crafting them.
- do Beastlord quest line. The cloak + pocket item + juwel works great together with other sets and Beastlord is pre quest line for hunters vale dungeon.
- try to get the Hunters vale set. It is close to invader gear which is a lot harder to get.
- try to get orvr bags from locks, captures and defenses for genesis set items and weapons and armor set pieces.
- try to make friends quick because a solo WL is not working well, like most classes in this game. You need a tank and a healer buddy.
- make sure you spend your renown points right. Take at least futile strikes 3 and deft defender 3.

As WL / mdps it is a pretty painful in the beginning beause it is very gear dependent and you can't stay ranged. You will notice that it is getting better with better gear.

PS: addon recommendations: enemy, tether, ZonePopLite (from VinyUI package) and maybe buffhead.