Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] What are you supposed to do...

Let's talk about... everything else
Husti

[BW] What are you supposed to do...

Post#1 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:56 pm

... when a chosen is running Discordant Fluctation - the aura that reflects damage when being hit by magic.

Look at the combat log. Over 9s I received around 4000 damage just from passive reflection. 16 damage procs in just 9 seconds. Shouldn't there be a 2s delay either? I mean WTF... they didn't even target me. All passive reflected damage. They did more damage to me then I did to them just by standing there and hitting someone else.

What am I supposed to do as BW vs a group with that aura? Hit them with my staff?

https://ibb.co/LnYrv7R

PS: that was in midtier SC

EDIT: Can anybody explain to me why I received 4x reflect damage at 15:28:08 and 15:28:09 and didn't even hit anyone? Same at the beginning of the screenshot.
Last edited by Husti on Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Stahn123
Banned

Re: [BW] What are you supposed to do...

Post#2 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:15 pm

Find a new target, quit using aoe. Adapt to the situation. What is that chosen supposed to do running any other aura? Just stand there and watch his ENTIRE TEAM melt because 1 person on the other team can burn them all down without any recourse? I mean, slayers can do it, might as well make it BW too now, amirite?! Change your tactics, the chosen did by swapping his aura to force you to change yours, if you refuse to change, suffer from it. KotBS have the exact same aura but for melee attacks. You aren't at a disadvantage.

Just be happy chosen don't have THAT aura or all those slayers would die while they tried to aoe entire warbands while ignoring their armor and parry/block. Honestly, chosen SHOULD have that aura too, since there isn't a defense against slayer spam short of stun/knockdown a few seconds. But that would make the sides even, and we can't have that. :D

Husti

Post#3 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:25 pm

Stahn123 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:15 pm Find a new target, quit using aoe. Adapt to the situation. What is that chosen supposed to do running any other aura? Just stand there and watch his ENTIRE TEAM melt because 1 person on the other team can burn them all down without any recourse? I mean, slayers can do it, might as well make it BW too now, amirite?! Change your tactics, the chosen did by swapping his aura to force you to change yours, if you refuse to change, suffer from it. KotBS have the exact same aura but for melee attacks. You aren't at a disadvantage.

Just be happy chosen don't have THAT aura or all those slayers would die while they tried to aoe entire warbands while ignoring their armor and parry/block. Honestly, chosen SHOULD have that aura too, since there isn't a defense against slayer spam short of stun/knockdown a few seconds. But that would make the sides even, and we can't have that. :D
Are you really going to argue that this is fine? That chosen aura is permanent, for the whole group and he is a tank. Good luck trying to kill him. And it's not the only aura that hurts the BW. Add Resistance and Toughness aura and guard and you have unkillable targets. He on the other hand is locking down the magic ranged dps just by being there.

First I thought his guarded DOK did that much damage but then I realized that I was killing myself and they didn't even target me. I've seen a lot in this game but this tops everything. Doing bad damage, killing myself by explosions and reflected damage. What a fun class to play.

DaWolf

Post#4 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:32 pm

Husti wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:25 pm First I thought his guarded DOK did that much damage but then I realized that I was killing myself and they didn't even target me. I've seen a lot in this game but this tops everything. Doing bad damage, killing myself by explosions and reflected damage. What a fun class to play.
This is the last weapon we have against the magic caster.
But yes don't change anything and just ask for a nerf... we'll try to kill you with an axe throw.

When you AoE cast, what target do you choose exactly?

Husti

Post#5 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:50 pm

DaWolf wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:32 pm
Husti wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:25 pm First I thought his guarded DOK did that much damage but then I realized that I was killing myself and they didn't even target me. I've seen a lot in this game but this tops everything. Doing bad damage, killing myself by explosions and reflected damage. What a fun class to play.
This is the last weapon we have against the magic caster.
Pull? Knock down? Interrupt? Stagger? Silence? Snare? Resistances? Toughness? -crit? trival blows? AP drain? Charge? Disrupt? Block? Guard? 7s immunity with m1?

Or just kill them? They are squishy and have no good escape mechanic. That this aura is the last weapon against magic casters is absurd in a game that is heavily favouring melees.

Do you see the damage I have done to them in the screenshot? That's with bolster, max int and 100 power. Yeah, it is that bad.

Collision

Post#6 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:15 pm

Husti wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:50 pm That this aura is the last weapon against magic casters is absurd in a game that is heavily favouring melees.
The order equivalent :

if the game is heavily favouring melees, how do destro deal with this aura ? And don't cry on the forum about it ? Maybe be closer to your healers ? Not breaking LoS ? Look to your health and not "no brain aoe spaming" ?

DaWolf

Post#7 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:22 pm

Yes you are right it is ridiculous. I have so many tools to kill casters that it's insane.
I'll even tell you a little story, a very small one that will comfort you in your thoughts:

In my early days of RoR, I was playing a full damage reflection build. Once on Praag, I left to get something, I was literally AFK. When I came back there was a BW trying to kill me. By the time I sat down and tried to launch an action, he was dead. Yes he had killed himself against an AFK.

He made my day. :D

Nerf Chosen...

Husti

Post#8 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:46 pm

Collision wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:15 pm
Husti wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:50 pm That this aura is the last weapon against magic casters is absurd in a game that is heavily favouring melees.
The order equivalent :

if the game is heavily favouring melees, how do destro deal with this aura ? And don't cry on the forum about it ? Maybe be closer to your healers ? Not breaking LoS ? Look to your health and not "no brain aoe spaming" ?
"targets can only be damaged once every two seconds" ... I got hit 16 times in 9s. That's almost two procs per second, not one proc every two seconds.

lol @ "no brain aoe spaming"... when Im aoe spec (Conflagration) what am I supposed to do? Im a aoe damage dealer. My single target damage is bad.

Ads
Collision

Post#9 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:36 pm

Husti wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:46 pm
Collision wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:15 pm
The order equivalent :

"targets can only be damaged once every two seconds" ... I got hit 16 times in 9s. That's almost two procs per second, not one proc every two seconds.

lol @ "no brain aoe spaming"... when Im aoe spec (Conflagration) what am I supposed to do? Im a aoe damage dealer. My single target damage is bad.
aoe near your guard ? Up your spirit resist ? Use your aoe channel carefully ? Don't break the Line of Sight of the healer.

You got hit 16 times in 9s by 2 chosens from 2 differents groups.

On your guard work on every melee dps and tank (BO, Choppa, mSH, Chosen, Mara, WE, BG, SnB/dps Dok). Discordant Fluctation only on BW, dps AM and dps RP...Do you see a little difference in a fight ?

You'll love your first encounter with a bane shield + backlash + Discordant Fluctation combo chosen.

Stahn123
Banned

Post#10 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:20 pm

Husti wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:25 pm
Stahn123 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:15 pm Find a new target, quit using aoe. Adapt to the situation. What is that chosen supposed to do running any other aura? Just stand there and watch his ENTIRE TEAM melt because 1 person on the other team can burn them all down without any recourse? I mean, slayers can do it, might as well make it BW too now, amirite?! Change your tactics, the chosen did by swapping his aura to force you to change yours, if you refuse to change, suffer from it. KotBS have the exact same aura but for melee attacks. You aren't at a disadvantage.

Are you really going to argue that this is fine? That chosen aura is permanent, for the whole group and he is a tank. Good luck trying to kill him. And it's not the only aura that hurts the BW. Add Resistance and Toughness aura and guard and you have unkillable targets. He on the other hand is locking down the magic ranged dps just by being there.

First I thought his guarded DOK did that much damage but then I realized that I was killing myself and they didn't even target me. I've seen a lot in this game but this tops everything. Doing bad damage, killing myself by explosions and reflected damage. What a fun class to play.
Yes, yes I am. Why? Because BW can 2 shot classes at the high end of the game without them. You just don't know what you're talking about yet. When you learn to stack your dots so they all hit at the same time, you will kill people before they even knew they were hit by anything. You have zero idea what you are talking about. "Waaaaaa, I was using AOE on 16 different people and didn't kill them in 2 shots!" You are aware this is what we are hearing, right? Adapt to it or just keep dying. Your choice. Your tanks can do a LOT of the same auras chosen can, yet you don't even notice it's on you and helping you because while they are useful, they aren't super game changing. Instead of casting aoe spells, cast your single target higher damage spells. Focus down that tank and kill the aura, then aoe. Or just complain about it and be laughed at. I have a BW too in the same game tier, but I also have a chosen AND a kotbs, I don't cry about it because I actually know what is happening and adapt. It's not that you can't adapt, you simply refuse to change what button you push because it's not "zomg da bestestest dmg!". This is YOUR problem as a player, not a problem in the game. Part of leveling up is learning to adapt and when to use your skills. You're learning the hard way because you refuse to listen to reason and wisdom of those who've been playing longer or have been in that situation.

Oh, and the kotbs aura is also permanent. If you got hit 16 times in a few seconds, you either nuked 2 groups worth of people using aoe, or you cast the aoe twice back to back and the proc hit you twice because of your cast time and travel distance of the spell. Learning to play the game is essential, you should try it. I mean that in the nicest way, you really should try other classes and see just what they can do, it'll teach you ways to counter them and where to stand when engaging them. Getting mad at your enemy because YOU screwed up isn't their fault. It's yours. Calling for a nerf because there is a semi counter to the style you like to play is just dumb. Every person you kill could do the same to you, and where would you be then? Where would any class be? There's ALWAYS a counter, learn what/who has it, what it is, adapt, pick a new build, or just quit playing. Those are pretty much your options. Good luck on the BW.