Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] What are you supposed to do...

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Community Management

Bloodmasked
Posts: 199

Re: [BW] What are you supposed to do...

Post#21 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:14 am

those chosens doing 200 damage with one ability, perhaps report them for hacking because that is definitely OP

Ads
User avatar
flux
Posts: 23

Re: [BW] What are you supposed to do...

Post#22 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:13 am

Husti wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:04 pm
flux wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:39 pm
TLDR version waaaaaaaaaaaah PvP happened.

I play both the classes in question and in my stinky opinion all is fine. Adapt your playstyle to the current situation and move on.
Yeah, right, totally fine to have one passive permanent tank aura for the whole group that does more damage without interaction than one of the highest dps classes. Beside that it is buggy as you can see in the screenshot. Got multiple damage procs without damaging them first.
All I see in that screenshot is you conveniently didnt include the logs for a good period before those "buggy" ticks and that there is server lag wrt logs which is common, your own BW and sorc timestamping is a good example of that. Instead of complaining about it, use it to your advantage and go timestamp some destro.

Stahn123
Posts: 35

Re: [BW] What are you supposed to do...

Post#23 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:59 pm

Husti wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:03 am
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:09 am
You've been given multiple solutions, multiple times, and just keep digging in more and more, declaring the entire game unfair because you refuse to change your tactics. The problem is you, not the aura.
Solutions from people that are playing destro and also chosen. All they do is trying to defend their realm or class from getting nerfs. Check the post history of the people that responded and you will find posts asking about chosen builds or posting about how op order is. They are biased. I don't give much on their opinion. Taking it to a personal level like you did doesn't help either.

No real explaination so far why it proccs like mad without even hitting the target.
Um, I play a Warrior Priest. But, you know, you know everything. Right? YOU are the problem with your character. Every spec has drawbacks and benefits. You're seeing a drawback. If you want to avoid it, change your spec or live with it. Literally EVERYONE has that problem, including that chosen you're whining about. You think that guy can actually kill anyone? Lol. He's a guard bot with something that reaches out 100ft to protect his allies if he's lucky. Maybe don't nuke the tanks and nuke the back line that is usually too far away from the front to be in the aura? This would be like Destro whining that your proc on armor and weapon attacks for your whole group is OP because you don't even have to be near them. You can be ANYWHERE and still up their damage. They have to be NEAR the chosen to be protected by it. Are you even thinking before you speak at this point, or just complaining because you lost 1 fight? Grow up. Order outnumbers destro 1.5-3 times to 1 for 21 hours out of 24 a day. You are aware of this undisputed fact, right? Even IF they had a slightly powerful ability, they would still need it just to hold their own against their enemy numbers, and the ability isn't even in that category. Kotbs can do almost the exact same thing. You're argument is invalid.

Stahn123
Posts: 35

Re: [BW] What are you supposed to do...

Post#24 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:04 pm

Panel wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:58 am
Its a bit rich claiming BW can 2 shot anything and then in the same breath accuse the OP of having no idea what hes talking about
No, it isn't. BW CAN 2 shot anything if they crit, they can even 1 shot themselves. :lol: He's played 1 spec of the class by his own admission and is whining because someone on the other side has a slight counter to it in 1 fight so the entire class has to be nerfed because of it, all while playing on the side that already has more players at almost every time of day with classes MUCH more broken than an aura on a chosen. He's crying because he couldn't steamroll the other side as usual without some form of consequence. He wants a pve experience in a pvp environment and others are supposed to just be like "er mah gherd, hez rit!" and get on board with it. That's just silly.

Stahn123
Posts: 35

Re: [BW] What are you supposed to do...

Post#25 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:05 pm

Foltestik wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:20 am
Husti wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:11 pm
I like aoe damage and the risky playmode where you go close and bomb
then you have your high risk playmode :lol:
Right?! Lol.

User avatar
Naelar
Posts: 296

Re: [BW] What are you supposed to do...

Post#26 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:01 am

OP, perhaps you should have mentioned that you only wanted to hear from those that agree 100% with your point of view.

User avatar
wonshot
Posts: 888

Re: [BW] What are you supposed to do...

Post#27 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:53 am

@Original poster

What you seem to be experiencing is what i would call "a soft counter"
That aura in itself is not really an issue, apart from in some situations where you trigger it alot by AoEing but also dont have enough support to withstand it.
Im sure if you had had a pockethealer, or a guard. maybe both. This wouldnt even had been noticed.

Just based on the mitigation numbers in that screenshot, also seemed like you didnt have a resist buff on you. so taking very unmitagted dmg back from the chosen Aura.
It goes both ways, im sure you might have had scearios where it was you dealing dmg on enemies with no resist buffs and your damage to them have seemed overwhelmingly hight, it is one of the key aspects of Warhammer, setting up a group to cover all fronts to keep most things you will encounter in check.

Brightwizard is arguebly the worst class for soloing, because you hurt yourself, and rely on others to support you.
In a group setting, or if you are pugging and have someone supporting you while also have someone to keep the enemy busy, you are living the good life.
Without support, and facing counters in an unmirrored game. life can be rought.

BW has pretty much become a very situational pick, enjoy the highs and push through the lows.
Bombling RR 91
Alts:
Gombling 82 mSH[BiS] Notbombling 80 Sorc [BiS] Powerhouse 65 Zealot [vanq] Chopling 70 Choppa[invader]
Bombthebuilder 82 Engi[6DefSove]Orderling 65 WP[onslaught] TheBombMan 70 Knight [invader] Bombing 66 SL [invader]

Husti
Posts: 111

Re: [BW] What are you supposed to do...

Post#28 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:11 am

I actually don't mind anymore. Gonna take a break from this game. The order ranged dps is in such a bad state atm and I don't wanna play tank or healer or destro atm. I have 80+ dps classes and guarded WEs or maras just laugh at the damage and walk over me. That is not how a ranged dps should work and how I know it from other MMOs. A squishy ranged dps should blow stuff up when free to cast. Here the damage you do on guarded maras is being healed by a group hot tick of a dok, his own hot and shield. It's laughable.

Ads
Bloodmasked
Posts: 199

Re: [BW] What are you supposed to do...

Post#29 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:06 am

Husti wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:11 am
I actually don't mind anymore. Gonna take a break from this game. The order ranged dps is in such a bad state atm and I don't wanna play tank or healer or destro atm. I have 80+ dps classes and guarded WEs or maras just laugh at the damage and walk over me. That is not how a ranged dps should work and how I know it from other MMOs. A squishy ranged dps should blow stuff up when free to cast. Here the damage you do on guarded maras is being healed by a group hot tick of a dok, his own hot and shield. It's laughable.
i do wish ror would better encapsulate each class' archetype with some ability, mechanic or morale changes, because they are all quite bland. but the ror team doesn't seem interested in actually making the game more fun.

class mechanics like slayer/choppa are nice. but BW one is just silly, theres like no reason to not be 100 combustion and if you drain yourself of combustion, as far as im aware, then your just doing way less damage. chosen/kotbs is super bad since its class mechanic is to just provide stats to the group passively... if you get my point about blandness.
Last edited by Bloodmasked on Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Amakusa
Posts: 20

Re: [BW] What are you supposed to do...

Post#30 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:09 am

Problem is, kotbs has icd on the reflect aura. Chosen not.
Imho both should have an icd.
Egos/WH Kyoshiro/WL Sosa/BW Luniz/SL <Morituri>
Soge/WE Shirokyo/MA Iluv/CH Boyka/SH<MRQS>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

cron