Recent Topics

Ads

Most needed destruction class

Let's talk about... everything else
milowbrac

Most needed destruction class

Post#1 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:49 am

Hi all. So I just discovered that WAR is back! I used to play on live and loved it so decided to jump back in. My main is a sorc but I want to build up a secondary character as well, something a little more useful. I see that either a healer or tank it high in demand. My question is which one is the most needed and of those, the most useful class of that archetype.https://nox.tips/ https://null/
Last edited by milowbrac on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
CyunUnderis

Re: Most needed destruction class

Post#2 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:00 am

Welcome !

You can not do wrong by building a tank or a healer.

Chosen and Black Guard are quite the tanks at the moment.
Chosen is easier to play and let you focus on the core mechanic of the tanks (Challenge, Taunt, Guard, Punt, KD).
Black Guard is a bit more complex because of the hate mechanic (you stack hate by hitting enemies, and your skills are better with more hates), but he is really useful in a different way (lot of debuff).
Black Orc is not as good as he was, but this is still a decent choice.

Zealot, Disciple of Khaine and Shaman are all good healers.
Zealot is the back and bone of a party : you always need one because he can provide some useful buff (+25% heal from all source, 1k armor and 10 reduction armor penetration on your HoT, shield on direct heal, ...).
Disciple of Khaine is a big AoE healer and often takes the second healer place in a party. He can provide AoE cleanse and AoE shield. The core mechanic is a bit special for a beginner : you use Soul Essence when you use a healing skill and you need to trade AP for Soul Essence (by hitting enemies or with a skill).
Shaman is the other choice on a party. He has a really cool kit (AoE heal, AoE snare, AoE debuff, Drain AP, 2 HoTs, ...) and is funny to play. He really shines when he is with a Choppa with Chop'Fasta (CD reducer).

Cronoclops

Post#3 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:00 pm

Hi, Player returning after 4 years trying to find my way back into the game. I have a 33BO tank. Can I ask what makes them inferior to the other tanks? I'm so lost.

CyunUnderis

Post#4 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:47 am

Cronoclops wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:00 pm Hi, Player returning after 4 years trying to find my way back into the game. I have a 33BO tank. Can I ask what makes them inferior to the other tanks? I'm so lost.
Chosen can provide 3 permanent auras around him (to 100 feet). Auras can provide a buff and an enemy debuff at the same time. For example, Discordant Instability reduce the resistances of enemy players and increase the resistances of your group members.

Black Orc can also provide buffs, but they are not permanent like auras. For example, Da Greenest increase either armor or resistances of your group members for 10 seconds.

Buffs from skills or potions don't stack with each other. So if you have Da Greenest and Discordant Instability up at the same time, the game will take the buff that provide the higher stats. Between a permanent buff that can not be cleansed (+ debuff) and buff on hit of 10 seconds, everybody will prefer the first choice.

Black Orc can bring some other nice utilities (Not in da face (CD increaser), Rock'Ard (AoE shield), Big Brawlin' (AoE Snare + Increase timecast), ...), so this is still a good tank.

Also, Black Orc had a skill that reduce the CD from skills, like Whispering Wind for the Swordmaster or Chop Fasta ! for the Choppa. But the RoR team remove this skill in a previous patch.