Recent Topics

Ads

An Engineer's apology

Let's talk about... everything else
Bintailou

An Engineer's apology

Post#1 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:19 am

Dear all Order,

I decided to roll an Engineer alt to see how much fun it is. And it is decidedly fun!

But I am terrible at it. I have won about 1 in 20 scenarios. My win rates on my main and other alts are MUCH better. The only thing that I can think of as to why, is that I am a terrible engineer have actively handed each game to destro.

Dear all Destro,

I'm giving up on the engineer. No more free kills/wins for you!

Ads
Grious

Re: An Engineer's apology

Post#2 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:43 am

SCs for order lately have been a bit of a nightmare, standard rDPS & Healers in DPS spec bending over for the destro melee train. Can be rough but if you enjoy it I'd say stick with it, we've all had those kind of games. Personally I've found rifleman to be a lot better when leveling up via SCs, can put alot of hurt on their squishies, especially once you get snipe and hollow points. Grenade is nice for just lolbig numbers on the scenario window but riflemen just gets the job done better IMO. Well untill you hit fresh 40 then its a whole new stage of uselessness.

Bintailou

Post#3 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:01 am

How do you even get in range to lob grenades without the melee train coming after you?

Grious

Post#4 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:27 am

Honestly I pretty much gave up using a grenade spec for SCs, at lower levels its just asking to get killed and once you get throwing arm the healers have gotten their AoE heals so youre AoE DoTs just dont put enough out. I went full rifleman spec and sat on my gun turret. I had enough distance and damage bonus to put hurt on squishies / healers even through guard. Maybe someone with more grenade experience can chime in but for SCs 1-39 I was pure rifleman and assuming it wasnt a total stomp I could usually get enemy DPS down and either kill or force healers off

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:16 pm

Engineer in most scens is trash, especially in any scen that requires you to push and hold an objective. Any destro with a brain will rush you. The only ones you can kill on are unguarded DPS and some healers but it is pretty rare finding an unguarded/unhealed target against destro. If you are lucky and there are actually some melee to protect you on Order, Rifleman can be great at bursting down ppl but you'll be waiting a long time for that. Gren/tinker is just too squishy to be that close to the melee blender in scens so dont do it.

Scens generally are melee oriented, but so is 99% of this game. The one part where engineer excels is keep and fort defense. So I would say focus ORvR and try to tag along and snipe. Also worth mentioning that in Rifleman embrace the squishiness. Use quick reloader, well-oiled machine, and gun blast DoT to help your chances of securing kills. All you are trying to do is surf the zerg and pick off easy targets until you are rr50.

You would be better off rolling a tank, healer, or Slayer.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:07 pm

Go sniper spec, kill more than anyone else in midtier sc, be ready to kite if nessesary. Just personal experience, yours might be different.
Dying is no option.

Grious

Post#7 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:23 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:07 pm Go sniper spec, kill more than anyone else in midtier sc, be ready to kite if nessesary. Just personal experience, yours might be different.
Seconds this, rifleman spec just destroys stuff in midtier SCs

nebelwerfer

Post#8 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:22 pm

yeah and don't be afraid to use your CrowdControl abilities and ofc your flee ability, with some practice and if used wisely it can be very costly for them to try to run you down

Ads
Glorian

Post#9 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:29 pm

For Close combat SCs go Armored Engi as Grenadier or Tinkerer.
For the Grenadier to get range get onslaught gloves +5ft, Invader stuff +10ft and Gunturret which also gives range. Or go Bombardment turret and do the goblin. Meaning you can cast pretty much anything on the move.

If you go that way never stand still and do the sniper. Keep moving, use CC and get a simple rotation on your fingers so you can run and cast your aoe stuff and flamebomb to burst down destros while running behind them or away from them.

Napalm got double nerfed but still is a good ability.

Vholrat

Post#10 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:48 am

i speak for level 40 (am SW) and honestly saw engies going tinkerer and playing full aggressive. (i believe they are thoughness full specced engies). for example in BFB the engi was all time under flag with his turret spamming blunderbluss, keg and rod aoe damage on those near him while a kotbs was guarding him. It proved quite well damn worth because no destro ever caught the flag.
As sw i understand your felling but "melee train" can be stopped with some brain and aimed ccs.