Recent Topics

Ads

maining class problem

Let's talk about... everything else
TanithScout

Re: maining class problem

Post#11 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:03 pm

Which 4 classes do you enjoy the most? Not because of what they can achieve in game or what slot they fit into, which ones do you just like the look and feel of the most.
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

Ads
facundo7777

Post#12 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:17 pm

TanithScout wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:03 pm Which 4 classes do you enjoy the most? Not because of what they can achieve in game or what slot they fit into, which ones do you just like the look and feel of the most.
We, Slayer - gameplay
WH,Mara - best look imo

Akalukz

Post#13 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:10 pm

I usually main 2 classes at a time. Try to keep them with in x# of renown ranks of one another. Starts to get stale after RR75 but meh. start a new pair :)
-= Agony =-

TanithScout

Post#14 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:21 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:17 pm
TanithScout wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:03 pm Which 4 classes do you enjoy the most? Not because of what they can achieve in game or what slot they fit into, which ones do you just like the look and feel of the most.
We, Slayer - gameplay
WH,Mara - best look imo
So pick one and get it to Invader/80
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

BluIzLucky

Post#15 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:59 pm

Seems like your desire to have fun playing various styles is greater than getting to 80.

Figure out why you want to get to 80 and if either what you can do when you get there or the journey of getting there will bring you more joy than starting a new alt.

Speaking of starting new alts.. I recommend zealots, super fun in t2-3 sc, go right tree and pick up everything expect 2nd tactic, then ritual for heal + absorb and a few hots + chain hot, spend rest of the time aoe bombing, you won't get top dps, heal and protection at the same time in all games but it does happen :D

Anyway.. how I got to 80..
Have a build or playstyle in mind that works a lot better with high gear and renown that you are working towards, e.g. DPS AM, solo SM, specs needing +2 skill points from sov.

Play a lot of different areas of the game (sc,pve,solo,orvr,etc) and play them differently.
E.g. try solo tanking a dungeon and then next time try off tanking but going full dps mode.

You can play on your alts again once you finish vanq, at which you just log your main for high value events (end zone lock > Fort > city, high aao) and of course when you feel like it.

And. always use renown pots, they are pretty useless after 80 so make sure to use them before.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

BeautfulToad

Post#16 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:02 pm

Pick a tank, a heal on each side (and avoid mirrors - so don't go SM and BO). Then if pick one dps and stick with it. If you get bored play the tank or heal for a bit.

Fey

Post#17 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:06 pm

I'm in the same altoholic boat. I have everything to at least 40/40+ except slayer and WL. Grinding up as a dps will always be a challenge just by the nature of these games. I have 2 80+ shaman and zealot because in any given group in any given game support is always a less desirable playstyle. People want frags and big crits, simple as that. But you're going to have a bad time as a one legged stool without guard and heals.

Rise and grind whatever you find fun is the obvious answer, but if you can find a tank to play that you enjoy it will be less painful.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

facundo7777

Post#18 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:42 am

nice tips :) i really appreciate it :)

Ads
Marchmain

Post#19 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:40 am

My issue is out of all 24/race class combos there are only maybe 5 or 6 that I don't care for at all. The rest are so fun. So I find it impossible to make up my mind.

facundo7777

Post#20 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:58 am

the worst thing in alting is t1 :D remove t1 or end it atleast at 11 :P